Windows 10: Random slowness in touchpad mouse speed

Discus and support Random slowness in touchpad mouse speed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This started recently where my mouse would sometimes malfunction where it would do one of two things. So my mouse would be completely fine when used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pleccom, Jul 30, 2021.

1. pleccom Win User

Random slowness in touchpad mouse speed

This started recently where my mouse would sometimes malfunction where it would do one of two things. So my mouse would be completely fine when used from starting up my laptop and a few minutes later, it might slow down. It isn't delayed, it is just less responsive and less reliable. I also notice that it opens the Windows Search Bar on the left and the Notifications Bar on the right, which I removed by getting rid of the touchpad gestures. This means my laptop thinks there are 3 or even 4 fingers on my touchpad at a time. One time my mouse had completely gone away and I couldn't use it. Pleas

:)

pleccom, Jul 30, 2021

2. Click and drag keeps speeding up on touchpad

Hi,

Do you face this issue while moving the mouse cursor normally on the desktop screen?

If yes, I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to slow down the mouse cursor speed.

• Go to control panel.
    • Click on mouse.
    • under pointers options tab adjust the pointer speed, click
      a
      pply and ok

let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 30, 2021
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Random slowness in touchpad mouse speed

Mouse speed and precision slow

Hi,

As per the info provided, I understand that you are facing an issue with the speed in which the mouse pointer moves in your display screen. If this is the scenario, I would like to inform that the above has no connection with your resolution.

To begin with, I would like to know which mouse settings did you change to gain the desired outcome?

To adjust the pointer speed, I suggest that you perform the steps below:

1. Open Control Panel and navigate to Mouse.

2. Here click the Pointer Option tab, under Motion
    adjust the pointer speed accordingly.

3. Click on Apply and OK

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Random slowness in touchpad mouse speed

1. Random slowness in touchpad mouse speed - Similar Threads - Random slowness touchpad

2. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  3. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed: I searched the whole internetI searched all over redditI searched in SuperuserBut I could not find a program or a trick to increase the speed of the touchpad mouse pointer movement speed with the laptop touchpad.I maximized the touchpad speed in the Windows settings and the...
  4. Increasing the maximum touchpad speed mouse pointer movement speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Touchpad/mouse cruiser is randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad/mouse cruiser is randomly freezing: Hello allmachine: dell xps i7 11-gen, win10 pro 64bit. RAM 32GbAfter the latest update of windows 10 my precision touchpad started to play up. the mouse cruiser freezes randomly specially if it hovers over something that would produce a pop-up help text regardless the program...
  6. Touchpad/mouse cruiser is randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad/mouse cruiser is randomly freezing: Hello allmachine: dell xps i7 11-gen, win10 pro 64bit. RAM 32GbAfter the latest update of windows 10 my precision touchpad started to play up. the mouse cruiser freezes randomly specially if it hovers over something that would produce a pop-up help text regardless the program...
  7. Touchpad/mouse cruiser is randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. slow mouse speed win10

slow mouse speed win10: Since my last update, my computer's mouse pointer has been very slow, and nothing I do in setting seems to help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-mouse-speed-win10/7bf9a9c1-f976-4680-b0e3-977d88de7420
  9. Mouse speed so slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse speed so slow: Why does pointer precision slow my mouse down so much? I have my mouse speed turned all the way up, I have the specific driver for my mouse also turned all the way up and if i uncheck pointer precision the mouse speed is barely tolerable. With it checked the mouse pointer...
  10. Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically

Mouse pointer speed slowed dramatically: I'm well aware of the pointer speed setting under Mouse Options in the Control Panel (interesting point about that later), but it's not something I had messed with, and isn't something I could have accidentally messed with this morning. Nevertheless, my pointer speed...