Windows 10: Random "soft" system crash

Discus and support Random "soft" system crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone,My system has been randomly crashing for the last couple of months. An open app Chrome, Firefox, OBS, Skype will suddenly become laggy and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FELKU, Jun 11, 2021.

1. FELKU Win User

Random "soft" system crash

Hi everyone,My system has been randomly crashing for the last couple of months. An open app Chrome, Firefox, OBS, Skype will suddenly become laggy and then freeze entirely. This behaviour then begins to affect other apps, as well as Windows Taskbar, Task Manager, etc. The mouse cursor keeps working, though. The Windows Restart function is unresponsive and the only way to restart is a hard reset.What I have tried so far:- Install all Windows updates including drivers and optional updates- Remove and manually reinstall chipset and graphics drivers- Clean boot- MemTest86 no errors- Update m

:)

FELKU, Jun 11, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Random system crashes

Hmm, that's odd.

Can you select that device, right click -> properties -> driver -> driver details and send me a screenshot of what you see there, if that iusb3* driver appears in the list?

Please also let me know if you've hit that crash again since following the steps above.

Mark [MSFT], Jun 11, 2021
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Random "soft" system crash - Similar Threads - Random soft system

2. Random system crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random system crashes: Hello again!I will discuss 3 problems, which 1 was able to solve and unfortunately the other two were not.First from the good news:The first problem was with micro stuttering and was fixed.The culprit was a service from AMD "AMD External Events Utility".I notified to AMD...
  3. Random soft shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random soft shutdowns: Running an X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB RAM, 2080, 5900X no overclocks and I've started encountering seemingly random shutdowns - not just a hard instantshutdown/immediately off situation, I've had that in a past with a faulty PSU under load. I'll be mid-task and I get the...
  4. Random soft shutdowns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random soft shutdowns: Running an X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB RAM, 2080, 5900X no overclocks and I've started encountering seemingly random shutdowns - not just a hard instantshutdown/immediately off situation, I've had that in a past with a faulty PSU under load. I'll be mid-task and I get the...
  5. Random soft shutdowns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Random system crashes

Random system crashes: Since three days or so my pc randomly shuts down for no visual reason, there's no error message or BSOD.After looking into it for a good while I think I found the issue using Window's built in Event Viewer application, but I'm yet to find a solution. I'm thinking about doing...
  7. Windows soft locking randomly

Windows soft locking randomly: Sometimes when using my computer, especially when I'm just watching videos in a browser or just browsing in general, my computer will soft lock. I'm not able to close the browser, open any other programs, use the start menu or the taskbar. Attempting to shut off the computer...
  8. Windows "Soft" Crashes

Windows "Soft" Crashes: Recently I have been experiencing what I am calling "soft" crashes since I've found no term to describe this occurance. After a being awake for a while, my Desktop starts to malfunction. The pop-up previews on the taskbar no longer appear when I hover my mouse over the...
  9. Random system crashes

Random system crashes: Computer randomly shutting down without a bluescreen. Has occurred during gaming as well as general productivity apps. I've included system and application logs (onedrive links below) for reference. Shutdowns occurred at the following dates/times: 4/26/19: 11:47am 4/25/19:...
  10. System Random Crashes.

System Random Crashes.: Alright so here's the problem. My newly upgraded Gaming PC I rebuilt nearly 5 months ago keeps crashing. As in the system goes off as if some one pulled the plug or something, but thats not the case, I have the system hooked up to a UPS with line conditioning so its clean...