Windows 10: Random sound playing whenever I’m playing video games I think

Discus and support Random sound playing whenever I’m playing video games I think in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Whenever I’m playing age of empires 3 with my friends every so often I’ll hear a do do do doo sound with the pitch getting higher and higher each time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sorcer12, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Random sound playing whenever I’m playing video games I think

Whenever I’m playing age of empires 3 with my friends every so often I’ll hear a do do do doo sound with the pitch getting higher and higher each time. Haven’t been to any sketchy websites or downloaded anything sketchy.

submitted by /u/Sorcer12
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sorcer12, Jan 2, 2020

2. Crackle/Popping Sound When Playing Audio + Stuttering Video Games

I just built a PC:

• ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
    • Intel i7 8700k
    • EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 FTW 8 GB
    • Corsair RMx Series, RM750x 750w
    • Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD
    • Seagate 2 TB FireCuda Gaming SSHD
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200 MHz
    • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Not currently OC'd, default specs.

Whenever I play audio (YouTube, foobar, VLC player, video games) I can hear a popping/crackling sound whenever I start or stop it. It's like the small crackle sound you hear when you plug in headphones/speakers. This also happens during playback, although not randomly – it's usually a specific part of the audio/video file that causes the popping. I can even find the particular "pop" spot and replay it.

Additionally, whenever I'm playing a video game I get random frame skips at random intervals. This happens in all my video games – WoW, Subnautica, Fallout 4, Dark Souls 3.

Originally I had the ASUS Prime z370-A which I thought to be the issue. But I replaced it with the ROG Strix and I can still hear the popping/crackling and the frame skips still happen.

Does anyone have experience with this issue? This is my first build over $1k and I'm very distressed that I cannot find the problem. Could it be the hard drives? RAM, maybe?

Synchro Theus, Jan 2, 2020
  3. No Sound while playing games.

Hi Marbea,

For us to further isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Did you receive any error messages?
    • Are you experiencing the issue when playing games only?
    • Is the issue the same when playing a different game? What game are you trying to play?

Meanwhile, you can check and try performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this

article
    . Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Jan 2, 2020
  4. Random sound playing whenever I’m playing video games I think

No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Random sound playing whenever I’m playing video games I think

1. Random sound playing whenever I’m playing video games I think - Similar Threads - Random sound playing

2. Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game: I have a very strange issue that has been happening for a week. Whenever I try to play the game Hell Let Loose my headphones and microphone will work completely fine until I join an actual game server and spawn in where my microphone and audio cut out but will only work by...
  3. Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game: I have a very strange issue that has been happening for a week. Whenever I try to play the game Hell Let Loose my headphones and microphone will work completely fine until I join an actual game server and spawn in where my microphone and audio cut out but will only work by...
  4. Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound cuts out whenever playing an online game: I have a very strange issue that has been happening for a week. Whenever I try to play the game Hell Let Loose my headphones and speaker will work completely fine until I join an actual game server and spawn in where my microphone and audio cut out but will only work by...
  5. [BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game.

[BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game.: High polygon 3D games, 2D pixel sprites, doesn't matter. I get blue screened nearly every time 15-30 minutes after booting the game up. I need to know how to fix this. It's been happening for months. https://www.mediafire.com/file/hlg7d08qvxxq1ga/minidumps.zip/fileThere's the...
  6. [BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game.: High polygon 3D games, 2D pixel sprites, doesn't matter. I get blue screened nearly every time 15-30 minutes after booting the game up. I need to know how to fix this. It's been happening for months. https://www.mediafire.com/file/hlg7d08qvxxq1ga/minidumps.zip/fileThere's the...
  7. [BSOD] DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION whenever I play a video game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. No sounds after minutes of playing video games

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sounds after minutes of playing video games: When playing video games, I lose sound after playing it for 10 minutes or so. I need to put my computer to sleep and turn it on again for the sounds to reactivate. I have already manually uninstalled and installed my drivers. Realtek audio drivers causes my microphone to...
  9. BSOD Whenever Playing Games

BSOD Whenever Playing Games: Whenever I am playing games sometimes my PC will BSOD. I get a couple different types of errors like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED just to name a few. I've had this issue for years but it used to happen very infrequently but now it will happen on...
  10. Random BSOD while playing video games

Random BSOD while playing video games: Hello guys, Before some weeks a friend gave me his Pc. So i format it and installed Windows 7, but it couldnt find any updates and got stuck in an endless search (already there i had 2 bluescreens). I solved this problem, through installing Win 10. The BOSD are quite...