Windows 10: Random sounds/momentary pauses in system

Discus and support Random sounds/momentary pauses in system in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the last 3 months now there have been occasions whereby a sound comes from my pc: brief but it prevents me from doing anything. The problem is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel Wittman, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Random sounds/momentary pauses in system

For the last 3 months now there have been occasions whereby a sound comes from my pc: brief but it prevents me from doing anything. The problem is that this has become daily and other actions have shown nothing wrong: troubleshooting, full system scanning with two antiviruses yet it's clear something's wrong. Any similar cases? Any advice? Please respond soon

:)

Daniel Wittman, Dec 27, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Random sounds/momentary pauses in system :p

cadaveca, Dec 27, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Random sounds/momentary pauses in system

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Random sounds/momentary pauses in system

1. Random sounds/momentary pauses in system - Similar Threads - Random sounds momentary

2. Momentary pause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Momentary pause: I have a new build with a new install of Windows 11 which pauses every minute or so. Whatever I am typing will momentarily stop typing and then catch up. If I am scrolling, then the scroll pauses and then catches up. If I am gaming, momentary pause of the game but it does not...
  3. Momentary pause

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Momentary pause: I have a new build with a new install of Windows 11 which pauses every minute or so. Whatever I am typing will momentarily stop typing and then catch up. If I am scrolling, then the scroll pauses and then catches up. If I am gaming, momentary pause of the game but it does not...
  4. No sound after pausing playback.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound after pausing playback.: Hello,I have an HP Laptop running windows 10. It has the Realtek audio driver. Often when I pause playback, of either music, or video, when I resume playing there is no audio coming out of the speaker of the computer. If I restart my computer, it solves the problem....
  5. No sound after pausing playback.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound after pausing playback.: Hello,I have an HP Laptop running windows 10. It has the Realtek audio driver. Often when I pause playback, of either music, or video, when I resume playing there is no audio coming out of the speaker of the computer. If I restart my computer, it solves the problem....
  6. No sound after pausing playback.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. No sound after pausing audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after pausing audio: Every time I pause my music or a video when I unpause after a few seconds or so the audio won't play anymore. I have to wear headphones or use my speaker for the sound to work again. Other than that, I have to restart my computer for the sound to work again....
  8. System sounds randomly high pitched

System sounds randomly high pitched: Today when i turned on my pc, i noticed that all of the sounds were randomly high pitched, i tried troubleshooting and even wiping my hard drives clean but it still dosent go back to normalMy specs are:RYZEN 5 3600KNVIDIA 1660 SUPERASUS TUF GAMING B450 PLUS II16 GB RAM2...
  9. SOUNDS KEEPS ON PAUSING AND PLAYING

SOUNDS KEEPS ON PAUSING AND PLAYING: hello! i would just like to share the problem that i have with my laptop Lenovo Ideapad 320 whenever i play music or watch videos it will automatically pause and play itself. i tried uninstalling some drivers but the problem still persist and is very frustrating for a...
  10. Google Chrome Random Pausing

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Random Pausing: I find it most irritable that Chrome has paused on occasions after Sleep or Hibernation. It does not happen often, but it does happen. Having tried some minor settings tweeks as specified on the web, it is not cured and still pauses. Does anybody have a solution to this...