Windows 10: Random sounds, robotic voice coming from laptop

Discus and support Random sounds, robotic voice coming from laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometimes I just hear a random noise, usually music or a robotic voice, coming from my laptop, that's not from any applications. It's loud and freaks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MollyBarrot, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Random sounds, robotic voice coming from laptop

Sometimes I just hear a random noise, usually music or a robotic voice, coming from my laptop, that's not from any applications. It's loud and freaks me out. I'm not sure what exactly it is, unless I've got a virus or something. Does anyone know what it is? Last time the voice said "Congratulations", and nothing else.

:)

MollyBarrot, Apr 27, 2020

2. Audio Problems - Robotic Sounds.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. I have tried all the options and unfortunately the problem is still there!! Now both robotic and distortion sounds, still happening at random.

Stephen

StephenKent, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Audio Problems - Robotic Sounds.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check.

Method 1:

I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on
      Speakers.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Enhancements Tab.
    • Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"
    • Click OK and check if issue persists.
    If issue still persists try method 2,

Method 2: I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Sound drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you. Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashish Sondhi, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Mehdi Win User

Random sounds, robotic voice coming from laptop

Record my voice and sounds comes from speaker at the same time

I recently purchased a laptop that has one audio jack (headset) instead of two jacks (one more Mic and one for Speaker)

I want to record my voice for few seconds and then bring the Mic near the speaker and record sound coming from speaker for few more seconds and then continue recording my voice.

With the new laptops seems like they added some setting which Mic wont record the sound comes from speaker. Even if I stick the Mic to the Speaker it wont record it and only record my voice or any other voice other than Speaker

Is there any solution for this rather than buying another laptop with two jacks?

Mehdi, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Random sounds, robotic voice coming from laptop

1. Random sounds, robotic voice coming from laptop - Similar Threads - Random sounds robotic

2. Robotic sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robotic sound: So, I am having a huge issue; sometimes, I have crackling and robotic sounds; I already updated the drivers and even made a reset, but the problem continues.If you need any additional information, please let me know.I need help....
  3. Robotic sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robotic sound: So, I am having a huge issue; sometimes, I have crackling and robotic sounds; I already updated the drivers and even made a reset, but the problem continues.If you need any additional information, please let me know.I need help....
  4. No sound coming from laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound coming from laptop: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad 5 running Windows 10. Although the sound icon appears to be working, no sound is coming from the laptop. I have been through all of these Windows troubleshooting steps:...
  5. Sound not coming from the laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound not coming from the laptop: Sound output not coming from Micromax Canvas Lapbook L1161. The red cross is displaying in the taskbar and says that no output device is installed. I have tried almost everything to bring back my audio. I have tried updating and installing the driver which came inbuilt in...
  6. Sound not coming from Laptop at all.

Sound not coming from Laptop at all.: Hi, recently my Alienware laptop's sound has stopped working altogether. Nothing comes from the speakers at all, nor when I plug in headphones. I am not sure what the problem could be, and I would love it if Microsoft support could get back to me quickly in solving this...
  7. Random robotic voice

Random robotic voice: I was surfing the internet, then a random robotic voice started talking i forgot what it said, but it said something about they could see me sitting on my chair, I only had chrome and steam open, i was in no voice calls, as soon as i heard it i closed chrome and it still was...
  8. My voice sounds robotic?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My voice sounds robotic?: The last couple of weeks, I've being using my HP laptop for zoom and Skype calls but sometimes, my voice suddenly sounds very robotic. At times, when that happens, I hear the voices of other people in a robotic way too. The laptop also start freezing when it does that. I have...
  9. hearing robotic voice

hearing robotic voice: I was playing a video game earlier today and i heard this text to speech voice saying “or underscore said turn it off” I tried running mccaffee and it said no viruses, my narrator was off, and my discord notifications were off along with text to speech. If you guys have any...
  10. Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic.

Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic.: Every 10 seconds or audio, regardless of source, (internet or music file) will have a "digital interruption" where the sound still comes through but slows down for a few seconds and sounds distorted like a robot is saying the words. It is not an internet issue, because an...