Windows 10: Random sounds when pressing f9

Discus and support Random sounds when pressing f9 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I was watching a youtube video and when I wanted to pause it I pressed f9 but for some reason the video didn't stop the two bars in the pop up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cookiemage, May 15, 2020.

1. Random sounds when pressing f9

Hi

I was watching a youtube video and when I wanted to pause it I pressed f9 but for some reason the video didn't stop the two bars in the pop up turned into a triangle for a brief moment but then turned back into the bars so I stopped the video manually and didn't think much of it. Then I pressed f9 once more hoping the video will play, but it didn't although this time in the pop up thingy the triangle turned into the two bars and it stayed that way, I was a bit confused so i pressed f9 a bunch more times but to no avail,

so I gave up and unpaused it manually . But later i tried to unpause the video using f9 and the same thing happened but I decided to leave it like that and at this moment i started hearing the sound of someone eating chips it lasted for about 5 seconds and then stopped but the video was still paused and I was so terrified I ammidietly put the computer in sleep mode. I opened it after a few seconds and pressed f9 a couple few times in the begining nothing happened but then one time I heard the sound of someone speaking I couldn't make up what they said but it was along the lines of "shut up" and again the video was still paused. I closed google chrome out of fear and opened it again, this time though the f9 button started working again an everything was back to normal.

I have been really paranoid since this happened so I wanted to know wether or not I should be concerned, am I being hacked? Is there a virus on my computer?

also I am sure those sounds came from my pc since we dont have chips in our house and english isn't a widely spoken language in my country and we don't use it to communicate at home.

I am not sure if this helps but I had only the youtube tab open in google chrome and I was also running bluestacks in the background although I muted it in the sound mixer.

I am really scared, please help, and thank you.

:)

cookiemage, May 15, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Random sounds when pressing f9 :p

cadaveca, May 15, 2020
  3. F9 key not working

Hi James,

Thank you for your efforts in troubleshooting your concern prior to contacting us.

Let us go ahead and perform the methods below accordingly to help you resolve your issue with using the F9 Key function on your PC:

• Press Windows key + W then type “Turn On-screen keyboard on or off”
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on “Start On-screen keyboard”.
    • On the bottom left hand side of the keyboard, click on Fn keys and check if it works.

If you still experience toggling F9 key on your end, we suggest that you follow the instructions below:

Method 1:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box and hit Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Sound from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Choose Configure a Device and follow the On-screen guide.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Mouse and on the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn of the
      Touchpad.
    • Restart the laptop/PC and Enable.

Let us know about the outcome.

Barbara Cue, May 15, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

Random sounds when pressing f9

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Random sounds when pressing f9

1. Random sounds when pressing f9 - Similar Threads - Random sounds pressing

2. f9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    f9: *ressed f9 and 0y c60*4ter went 64t 6f wac2. F6r exa0*3e *ress a 3etter and a d5fferent 6ne a**ears. What 5s the 5ss4e w5th th5s. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f9/eaae6492-f573-450d-9316-2e86ff638fb2
  3. f9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    f9: *ressed f9 and 0y c60*4ter went 64t 6f wac2. F6r exa0*3e *ress a 3etter and a d5fferent 6ne a**ears. What 5s the 5ss4e w5th th5s. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f9/eaae6492-f573-450d-9316-2e86ff638fb2
  4. F9

in Windows 10 Gaming
    F9: F9PRTSCF9F9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f9/2fad32c5-2aec-419f-8752-e93f0faabab4
  5. F9

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    F9: F9PRTSCF9F9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f9/2fad32c5-2aec-419f-8752-e93f0faabab4
  6. F9

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Notification sounds when pressing keys on desktop.

Notification sounds when pressing keys on desktop.: Hi, not really been able to find a solution online to a problem i have.I plugged in a new keyboard yesterday mechanical with led patternsafter setting up the light pattern i wanted, i noticed that when moving around desktop i would occasionally get the windows notification...
  8. F9 and on & on...

F9 and on & on...: Keyboard shortcuts: They exist for damn near everything. There are lists of them one can find. After a time, one remembers some of them maybe. Did you know F9 goes in & out of Immersive Reader But here's the tip Oh yes, there was a tip coming If you hover on things, instead...
  9. Laptop stuck at aptop setup and error when I press f9

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck at aptop setup and error when I press f9: Hi my laptop turns on and shows at aptio setup utility and when I press f9 it says tucclkkl and turn off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-stuck-at-aptop-setup-and-error-when-i-press/a8d63788-8284-46c3-a8cf-932f4f80efce
  10. Sound when pressing "v"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound when pressing "v": So everytime I press v it makes a beep and I don't know how to disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-when-pressing-v/63270d72-3508-4c78-aa97-d1f1e7360dbd