Windows 10: Random stalling after win10 upgrade

Discus and support Random stalling after win10 upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all! I am counting on the wisdom of this group, as i think I have run out of all options. I just recently upgraded to windows 10 from 7 keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Levnew2win10, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Random stalling after win10 upgrade

Hello all!

I am counting on the wisdom of this group, as i think I have run out of all options.

I just recently upgraded to windows 10 from 7 keep files and settings and all is not fine.

The system hangs it seems at random intervals, 5 - 15 minutes. Afterwards only a hard reset is possible. Ran sfc /scannow, which finished without issue.

I checked Event Viewer, but I could not pinpoint the problem. Nothing exactly at the time of the freeze.

First I thought it was the antivirus guard64.dll - Cimodo, but the problem presisted through disabling it. Then I thought it was the video driver Radeon as watching videos seem to make it appear faster. Switched to newest ones, still happening. Then I had hoped it was the audio driver Realtek, since while trying to upgrade them in safe mode with networking none the less, it totally froze again.

I am open to all ideas, but would like to keep the full format/reinstall versions to the end, since it was a well setup system.

What do I need to do to make you understand the problem further.

Thanks for the help!

:)

Levnew2win10, Feb 18, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Upgrade to Windows 10 gets stuck at 99%

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 18, 2020
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. user33331 Win User

Random stalling after win10 upgrade

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

Random stalling after win10 upgrade

1. Random stalling after win10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Random stalling win10

2. Win10 update (1809-1909) stalls on tablet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 update (1809-1909) stalls on tablet: This is my Acer SW1-011 tablet laptop. Atom x5-X8350 1.44+1.44Ghz, X64, 32GB SSD, Win10 Home 1809 17763.1039 Windows Update says the current version of Windows is nearing end of service so I would like to get it updated soon. I've had trouble installing updates in the past...
  3. Win10 stalling before login after spinning circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 stalling before login after spinning circle: Win10 stalls after the spinning circle.i have made attempts using community help, but nothing has worked. Difficulty i only have an ipad and a mac to work with. I tried to dl the win10 iso, but it wont fit on a 16gb thumb drive, iso dld using mac i recently installed the aug...
  4. Windows 10 upgrade stalls at 81%

Windows 10 upgrade stalls at 81%: Remove your wireless network card then run the upgrade assistant. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-upgrade-stalls-at-81/cb5ba942-90c7-4d40-aaa4-ef898d207700
  5. Upgrading to Windows 10 and it keeps stalling

Upgrading to Windows 10 and it keeps stalling: I am trying to update my Surface Pro 3 that I just purchased used. I am downloading the update to my surface and it gets completely through everything fine until it gets to Getting Updates. I have tried twice now but it is stalling at the same place as before, 46%. What can I...
  6. Win10 won't load - It stalls at the dots circling animation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 won't load - It stalls at the dots circling animation: It loads only enough to show its dots-going-around animation, but then it never goes past that. And that's whether I have called it from the rEFInd loader or from the Live USB Installer drive. I decided to try again and wait longer on the Live USB Installer drive this time....
  7. Random BSOD after upgrading to Win10

Random BSOD after upgrading to Win10: Hello Guys, I upgraded to Win10 with massive random BSODs. Im like getting crazy, I updated all drivers manuelly, every little device driver I could found but with no luck. I had Win 7 for several years without a single BSOD but after the upgrade it happens on random. Im...
  8. Random BSODs after upgrade

Random BSODs after upgrade: Hello everyone! I have a pretty old computer, 775 socket which I recently upgraded by replacing my memory and CPU, adding 3x2 GB of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHz and Xeon E5440 (771 to 775 mod). Since then I have experienced random BSODs where some of them had minidumps and...
  9. BSOD after upgrade to Win10/trouble "Resetting" Win10/

BSOD after upgrade to Win10/trouble "Resetting" Win10/: A few months back I: Purchased a new Samsung 850 EVO SSHD and also upgraded from Win7 to Win10. After the upgrade I started experiencing seemingly random system lock-ups. They occur one of two ways: 1. happens periodically when the system is left running on the desktop....
  10. Random freezes after upgrading

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezes after upgrading: When Win10 first came out, I upgraded my Win8.1 PC and ended up having an issue where the PC would freeze up. I looked around for help online, and found that it might be my Nvidia graphics card, so instead of upgrading, I decided to just wait a bit to upgrade. Months...