Windows 10: Random System Crashes/BSOD

Discus and support Random System Crashes/BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having these issues ever since I've completed this build. It usually occurs when gaming, but it has happened while doing other things such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SP4567, May 12, 2020.

1. SP4567 Win User

Random System Crashes/BSOD

I have been having these issues ever since I've completed this build. It usually occurs when gaming, but it has happened while doing other things such as browsing, when it enters sleep mode and also after booting up and getting pass the Windows password screen. The timing of the crashes is random as well, i could go 6 hours with no issues but then 3 crashes in a few minutes. As for troubleshooting, i have tried the following:

• Ran windows memory test
    • Re-installed BIOS, GPU, motherboard and chip set drivers
    • Set windows power throttling in advanced power settings to off
    • Set my memory speed back to auto in the biosoriginally set the XMP profile to stock 3200MHZ now clocked down to default
    • Did a windows recovery "reset this PC"

Here is the crash dump analysis:

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363
    Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS
    Hardware: B450 AORUS PRO WIFI, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., B450 AORUS PRO WIFI-CF
    CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor AMD8664, level: 23
    12 logical processors, active mask: 4095
    RAM: 17125588992 bytes 15.9GB

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

Crash dump directories:
    C:\WINDOWS
    C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Mon 5/11/2020 10:04:47 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!memset+0x6AD3E
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A 0x41201, 0xFFFFFDBFFB40B3B8, 0x5000202D4D86847, 0xFFFFC10C3D7B3530
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating thermal issue.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 5/11/2020 10:04:47 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\051120-5984-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C2390
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A 0x41201, 0xFFFFFDBFFB40B3B8, 0x5000202D4D86847, 0xFFFFC10C3D7B3530
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating thermal issue.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 5/7/2020 7:14:58 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050820-5750-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C2390
    Bugcheck code: 0x109 0xA39FCADB9909E7E1, 0xB3B6D761EB883087, 0xFFFFF8057E300813, 0x1
    Error: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that the kernel has detected critical kernel code or data corruption.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating thermal issue.

On Thu 5/7/2020 3:10:50 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\050720-6109-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: hardware.sys hardware
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A 0x41792, 0xFFFFBD804CE62140, 0x10000000000, 0x0
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred. A corrupted PTE has been detected.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: hardware.sys .
    Google query: hardware.sys MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

:)

SP4567, May 12, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Ztruker Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, May 12, 2020
  4. Bonn84 Win User

Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, May 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Random System Crashes/BSOD - Similar Threads - Random System Crashes

2. Random system crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random system crashes: Hello again!I will discuss 3 problems, which 1 was able to solve and unfortunately the other two were not.First from the good news:The first problem was with micro stuttering and was fixed.The culprit was a service from AMD "AMD External Events Utility".I notified to AMD...
  3. Random system crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random system crashes: Hello again!I will discuss 3 problems, which 1 was able to solve and unfortunately the other two were not.First from the good news:The first problem was with micro stuttering and was fixed.The culprit was a service from AMD "AMD External Events Utility".I notified to AMD...
  4. Random system crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random system crashes: Since three days or so my pc randomly shuts down for no visual reason, there's no error message or BSOD.After looking into it for a good while I think I found the issue using Window's built in Event Viewer application, but I'm yet to find a solution. I'm thinking about doing...
  5. BSOD and random crashes

BSOD and random crashes: i7 - 9700k Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming edge AC Ram: 2x Corsair Vengeance 8G each GPU: RTX 2070 super PSU: Corsair rm850x Nothing overclocked! I had before a i5 8400 cpu Couple of days I bough a i7 - 9700k to upgrade from my i5 and since then I have been having random crashes...
  6. Random crashing, no BSoD

Random crashing, no BSoD: Hello, My computer has been crashing since a few weeks ago, I don't remember what significant changes I've made. I did follow this guide to remove bloatware and just making Windows 10 lighter. I followed every instruction except the applications he proposed. What makes...
  7. Random system crashes

Random system crashes: Computer randomly shutting down without a bluescreen. Has occurred during gaming as well as general productivity apps. I've included system and application logs (onedrive links below) for reference. Shutdowns occurred at the following dates/times: 4/26/19: 11:47am 4/25/19:...
  8. System Random Crashes.

System Random Crashes.: Alright so here's the problem. My newly upgraded Gaming PC I rebuilt nearly 5 months ago keeps crashing. As in the system goes off as if some one pulled the plug or something, but thats not the case, I have the system hooked up to a UPS with line conditioning so its clean...
  9. Random BSOD crashes.

Random BSOD crashes.: I am running Windows 10 on a desktop computer about a year old. Custom built by Hard Drives Northwest. Dual boots Windows 10 and 8.1. Windows 10 is the default, which replaced Windows 7 that dual booted with Windows 8.1. Windows 10 seemed to run quite well at first. Recently,...
  10. BSOD Random crashes

BSOD Random crashes: So I have gotten a couple BSOD errors in the past 2 weeks. One was something with the WatchDog and the other was a System Service Exception. I'll be honest not a big fan of 10 but had to move as I needed a new key and all I had was a 10 key hahahaha. anyways been having...