Windows 10: Random system crashes caused by atikmdag.sys / ntoskrnl.exe

Discus and support Random system crashes caused by atikmdag.sys / ntoskrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; * Dump and msinfo32 file link * Hello, I recently assembled a Windows 10 desktop PC which has been getting random BSODs multiple times a day. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by The Big L, Sep 13, 2019.

1. The Big L Win User

Random system crashes caused by atikmdag.sys / ntoskrnl.exe

* Dump and msinfo32 file link *

Hello,

I recently assembled a Windows 10 desktop PC which has been getting random BSODs multiple times a day. The most common error I'm getting is "Page Fault in Nonpaged Area" caused by atikmdag.sys, but I've also seen other ones before, including:

• System Service Exception

• IRQL Not Less or Equal

• Kernel Mode Heap Corruption

I opened the .dmp file using BlueScreenView, and it points to ntoskrnl.exe as the problem driver. I've spent some time online looking up potential solutions and have attempted the following with no improvement:

• Ran sfc /scannow- No errors found

• Ran dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

• Ran error checking on OS hard drive – No errors found

• Ran Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool – No errors found

• Tested both RAM sticks using MemTest64 for 4 hours each – No errors found

• Booted PC running individual/both sticks of RAM – All configurations resulted in eventual BSODs

• Done multiple clean installs of Windows – BSODs eventually reappear after re-installation of base software and all drivers from the motherboard manufacturers support website.

• Uninstalled video drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller, then reinstalled latest AMD drivers

• Turned off Fast Restart in the Control Panel power options

At this point, I'm not sure what other tests I can run to figure this out. If someone would be willing to check out the dump file and give some clarity on this, I'd really appreciate it.

:)

The Big L, Sep 13, 2019

2. Atikmdag sys???

Just got a custom built computer from cyber power pc and within two hours got a Blue screen of death with Atikmdag sys. What the hell does that mean and how can I fix it?

forrestcastleberry, Sep 13, 2019
  3. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

Hi, KirbyBakken

My name is Maritza and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Check this link, I hope it helps

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/ntoskrnl-exe-hig...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Let us know if these steps help you to resolve the issue.

MaritzaCapiro, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Edleen Win User

Possible Causes of atikmdag errors

I was courious to see how many different causes there are to the infamous atikmdag.sys error that strikes widely across and has so for a long time, I am getting it myself also and it is really starting to wear me out. It is pretty annoying having a $520 Readeon 3870x2 card if you can't use it without errors.

So first of all, here is the apparant reason for my atikmdag error:

When I play a game, regardless of settings, clocks or anything else, the fan speed wil not be adjusting and the card will get hotter as it performs. As soon as the card gets hot enough, my system will attempt to speed up the fan and as soon as they do, I get the atikmdag error. I never hear the fan of my card go beyond 30% fan speed unless I push it using Rivatuner.

Anyone else got other apparant reasons?

By the way, here are the steps I have been trying to fix it
    • Renaming atikmdag.sys to "atikomdag.sys(old)
    • Set fan speed profiles in Rivatuner depending on temeprature thresholds
    • Setting fixed fan speed in Rivatuner
    • Installing only the ATI drivers without Catalyst Control Centre
    • Replacing RAM blocks
    • Trying older drivers
    I have probably tried a few

Edleen, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Random system crashes caused by atikmdag.sys / ntoskrnl.exe - Similar Threads - Random system crashes

2. cpuz154_x64.sys, may be causing random freezes ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpuz154_x64.sys, may be causing random freezes ?: Hi, It's been I think 2 weeks that my pc keeps randomly freezing and most of the time in idle. After searching for it, I've tried a few things, one was deleting the Temp Files but I can't delete "cpuz154_x64.sys" as it is used by another program. I already know the file is...
  3. cpuz154_x64.sys, may be causing random freezes ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpuz154_x64.sys, may be causing random freezes ?: Hi, It's been I think 2 weeks that my pc keeps randomly freezing and most of the time in idle. After searching for it, I've tried a few things, one was deleting the Temp Files but I can't delete "cpuz154_x64.sys" as it is used by another program. I already know the file is...
  4. cpuz154_x64.sys, may be causing random freezes ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. NTOSKRNL causing hourly BSOD crashes Window 10

NTOSKRNL causing hourly BSOD crashes Window 10: Hi allfor the last few months my PC has been crashing randomly overnight, this has been getting worse to the point that it is happening every 15-30 mins. I am receiving multiple different Blue screen errors, from checking Bluescreenview they are caused by "allntoskrnl.exe...
  6. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe: My computer has crashed a few times often when i play games. I bought more ram because i thought that it was the issue but it didn't help. It did work a few days but then the crashes came back. After that i fixed the BSOD´s by lowering the graphics and the resolution on the...
  7. Laptop crashes caused by 'rtkvhd64.sys'

Laptop crashes caused by 'rtkvhd64.sys': My laptop is crashing . Please check out these minidumps- https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApFhXMFCkw0wgkG1PupSUzd9eHZi Thanks, Regal76 ***Original Title: My laptop crashing.***...
  8. BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0

BSOD ntoskrnl..exe+1b35e0: Help. Getting 4-5 of these a day. Running latest Windows 10 Pro, Xibo signboard, Docker with Xibo server. Always the same 'Caused By Address'. Put in new memory, ran memory test, no errors, all drivers up to date. Change disk type to AHCA, made sure windows driver was...
  9. Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.

Random BSODs caused by cm11264.sys.: Hi, i recently started having issues with my computer crashing. I will provide the dump files. I've looked up what cm11264.sys was connected to and it was my pair of Sennheiser 363d. I have since then tried multiple driver versions, and now have switched to a different port....
  10. NTOSKRNL Crash

NTOSKRNL Crash: Hey guys, I have been having an issue with my computer randomly shutting off (when I am not near the computer). My PC almost almost posts a BSOD when I manually restart or shutdown the computer. I have checked the dump logs, which point back to ntoskrnl.exe as the problem. I...
Tags: