Windows 10: Random System Freeze

Discus and support Random System Freeze in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Community I've sent four feedback on this issue. Two of them was in system local account, the other two, Microsoft account. Its been almost two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Redscarlett, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Random System Freeze

Hello Community

I've sent four feedback on this issue. Two of them was in system local account, the other two, Microsoft account. Its been almost two years since I've updated my BIOS of Specter and Meltdown virus, BIOS version A0.14. Recommended by HP website based on model number and not on ROM Family BIOS. There is no updated for ROM Family BIOS 2B28, I installed the wrong BIOS. The BIOS I've installed is for ROM Family BIOS 2B58. I believe this is the cause of my problem. Since this motherboard stumbles and can not undo the BIOS. May I be allow to exchange almost the same motherboard, the serial number will be different. I know the community aren't Microsoft employees, could forward this letter to Microsoft employee. I be most grateful.

Regards Redscarelett

P.S. The system had preinstall Windows 8.1, I've purchased the factory install DVD disk also. I also have Windows 10 upgrade 2015, 1703, 1709, 1809

:)

Redscarlett, Mar 31, 2019
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Mar 31, 2019
  4. Sam3000 Win User

Random System Freeze

How to diagnose a system that freezes seemingly at random?

I am currently attempting to repair a laptop that experiences total system lock ups at random intervals, with a frequency of every few days.

Total lock up here is defined as no response to user input - Ctrl+alt+delete, no task manager, no Alt + F4, no smooth shutdown, display in a frozen state, no recovery if left alone

In this case, I am not asking for suggestions as to the cause, (as much as I appreciate any input offered) - I am asking for general advice in how to identify the cause of freezing, such as tools, logs and programs that may be able to trace the problem.

While the system in question here is a Windows 10 laptop, I believe it may be worth including wider suggestions for other operating systems and their versions, as future readers of this question might benefit from this.

Sam3000, Mar 31, 2019
Thema:

Random System Freeze

1. Random System Freeze - Similar Threads - Random System Freeze

2. System freezing and BSOD-ing randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System freezing and BSOD-ing randomly: Hello all,First, thank you in advance for ANY help you can give!! I'm a software developer by trade, licensed investment advisor and mortgage broker, real estate investor, and streamer....this machine is my lifeblood lol! Anyway, for some strange reason as of two days ago my...
  3. System reboot and random Freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System reboot and random Freezes: System Win 11 x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 32 GB RAM, motherboard TUF GAMING B550M-PLUSIt's been a while since my computer sometimes freezes for a few seconds and returns to normal, other times it just restarts spontaneously, I'll attach the last 2 dumps that were generated from...
  4. System reboot and random Freezes

System reboot and random Freezes: System Win 11 x64, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 32 GB RAM, motherboard TUF GAMING B550M-PLUSIt's been a while since my computer sometimes freezes for a few seconds and returns to normal, other times it just restarts spontaneously, I'll attach the last 2 dumps that were generated from...
  5. random system freezes and memory.dmp file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random system freezes and memory.dmp file: Hello, So i have been getting random system freezes where my pc either restarts by itself or i have to do it manually after some time. I suspect the freezes might have something to do with my ramthis is for a reason other than the file being named mem.dump. I have tried...
  6. random system freezes and memory.dmp file

random system freezes and memory.dmp file: Hello, So i have been getting random system freezes where my pc either restarts by itself or i have to do it manually after some time. I suspect the freezes might have something to do with my ramthis is for a reason other than the file being named mem.dump. I have tried...
  7. System gives freezes on random moments.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System gives freezes on random moments.: Hello community, I have a problem with my system for quite a while now. Reïnstalling windows didn't work so maybe any of you have some ideas i could try next. Either im playing games or just watching something on youtube my pc can randomly "freeze" i can use my mouse/cursor...
  8. System Freezes randomly!

System Freezes randomly!: Hallo guys, this month i experience a very strange thing happening to my pc. My pc randomly freezes and i have to hard restart in order to start using it again! No bsod or something. I ve ran a memtest for a night but it came out clear! Can you help me? 116500
  9. Random system freezes

Random system freezes: I have been getting for over a couple of months random system freezes. Using driver verifier causes my pc to bootloop so I guess it must be driver related. sfc/scannow finds no problems and all my drivers should be up to date. Bios is at the latest version too. The crashes...
  10. Random system freezes for weeks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random system freezes for weeks: Since some time now I am getting system freezes where the only option is a hard reset of the system. It happens very randomly, in office 365, gaming, watching movies, browsing the internet, etc. When it happens the sound stops with the mouse & keyboard, I literally cannot...