Windows 10: Random System Hangs - Not Responding to Ctrl + Alt + Delete

Discus and support Random System Hangs - Not Responding to Ctrl + Alt + Delete in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have just built a new system Ryzen 5 3600 32gb RAM DDR4 3200MHZ 1TB Sabrent Rocket NVME M2 Drive 2060 ASUS TUF I am getting random freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FiveOneFive515, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Random System Hangs - Not Responding to Ctrl + Alt + Delete

I have just built a new system

Ryzen 5 3600

32gb RAM DDR4 3200MHZ

1TB Sabrent Rocket NVME M2 Drive

2060 ASUS TUF

I am getting random freezes which don't respond to CTRL ALT Delete, on top of seemingly random restarts while in windows.

I have done the following:

- Re-Seat RAM, run MEMTEST86 no errors

- Re-Seat NVME Drive

- Re-Seat Graphics card

Full format and re-install windows from brand new USB drive, plugged directly into ports on rear.

Following are up to date:

Motherboard bios/firmware

Graphics card bios and drivers

No firmware updates available for Sabrent drive

Drive health for Sabrent drive is 99%

Conducted stress test on super-position bench with no issues.

The event viewer shows the following after the restart/hang:

System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

[ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

EventID 41

Version 8

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000400000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-07-29T01:38:34.0005900Z

EventRecordID 728

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4

[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-F8SJSS0

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0

BugcheckParameter1 0x0

BugcheckParameter2 0x0

BugcheckParameter3 0x0

BugcheckParameter4 0x0

SleepInProgress 0

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

BootAppStatus 0

Checkpoint 41

ConnectedStandbyInProgress false

SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 1

CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0

BugcheckInfoFromEFI false

CheckpointStatus 0

CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2 0

LongPowerButtonPressDetected false

----------------------------------------------------------

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

[ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

EventID 41

Version 8

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000400000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2020-07-28T20:23:04.4932455Z

EventRecordID 620

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4

[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-F8SJSS0

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0

BugcheckParameter1 0x0

BugcheckParameter2 0x0

BugcheckParameter3 0x0

BugcheckParameter4 0x0

SleepInProgress 0

PowerButtonTimestamp 0

BootAppStatus 0

Checkpoint 41

ConnectedStandbyInProgress false

SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 2

CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0

BugcheckInfoFromEFI false

CheckpointStatus 0

CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2 0

LongPowerButtonPressDetected false

-----------------------------------------------------

What could be the issue?

:)

FiveOneFive515, Jul 28, 2020
  2. erik9631 Win User

CTRL + ALT + DEL menu not rendered at the top

Okay first of all.

It is DEFINITELY not a RAM problem. I have 16GB. The operating system is running in the background and is responding when I press CTRL + ALT + DEL, cause you can see the circle next to the cursor. The cursor responds as well..

Second, some people suggested me to use CTRL + SHIFT + ESC, I have not tried, but I will. Also this is not my problem. My problem is that the CTRL ALT DEL menu among which you can chose to turn on the task manager gives me black screen. Alt tabbing does not work with ANY software that is frozen in fullscreen, but that is normal.

On windows 7 this was not an issue. When nothing worked, ctrl alt del always worked.

On windows 10, CTRL alt deleting does not work, with some full screen applications.

erik9631, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Random System Hangs - Not Responding to Ctrl + Alt + Delete

Why Windows 10 don't goes to login screen after CTRL+ALT+DELETE?

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

CTRL+ALT+DELETE will open you log-in screen in Windows 10 too. I suggest you to try pressing
    Ctrl+SHIFT+Esc key and check if it opens the Task manager. If issue persist, I suggest you to try below given steps and check if it works.

This issue may occur due to some system file corruption.
    I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      • Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Random System Hangs - Not Responding to Ctrl + Alt + Delete

1. Random System Hangs - Not Responding to Ctrl + Alt + Delete - Similar Threads - Random System Hangs

2. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  3. ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl alt delete: Hello Microsoft peopleI have a question is using control alt delete to shut down your PC have any side effects, Or does it work just like a regular shutdown? My friend was having problems with his PC, and I thought that might be it. If you shut your PC down improperly enough,...
  4. Ctrl + Alt + Delete wont respond.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Ctrl + Alt + Delete wont respond.: Hello! I can't logon too my PC after an update after Ctrl + Alt + Del installed by its self.Can you guys help please? Kinda getting bored off this macbook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-alt-delete-wont-respond/1aa09518-6d81-49b1-85b2-ace3e260a440
  5. Windows 10 randomly hangs and becomes unresponsive, Task Manager and Ctrl Alt Delete don't...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 randomly hangs and becomes unresponsive, Task Manager and Ctrl Alt Delete don't...: Hey guys, I've been doing lots of research but unfortunately I haven't been able to find a solution to my problem. I recently built a new PC and while it runs well almost 99% of the time, there are times when all the applications on screen will just freeze. When this happens...
  6. ctrl+alt+delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    ctrl+alt+delete: ctrl+alt+delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%B8%BA%E4%BB%80%E4%B9%88%E6%8C%89ctrlaltdelete/56e61828-5b0a-4cc2-a5b0-a9f6a8d1d39f
  7. Mouse clicking not responding until ctrl alt delete

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse clicking not responding until ctrl alt delete: I have this issue where my mouse clicking isnt working until i ctrl alt delete just to open a another tab. I tried uninstalling my mouse drivers and other drivers with no luck. I have also tried other solutions and it still doesn't work for me. Clear File explorer history...
  8. Windows randomly freezes ctrl alt delete does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows randomly freezes ctrl alt delete does not work: I've posted about this before and I've done the cmd scan now... but I still get the problem that when windows freezes randomly ctrl alt delete does not work... and the only thing I can do is power off and on. Windows needs a fix for this....
  9. CTRL, ALT + DELETE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CTRL, ALT + DELETE: CTRL, ALT + DELETE Microsoft 10, programmers, managers, CTO, and CFO. The worst machine, I have ever owned. 1. Driver compatibility issues. Microsoft Drivers!!! 2. Slow internet connections. 3. HP Support Assistant drivers are not for pro computers, even though...
  10. Ctrl Alt Delete not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ctrl Alt Delete not working: My Win10 HP laptop freezes often and when attempts are made to use Ctrl Alt Delete it no longer works-period- .. All I can do is power off .. there is no workaround so far that I have found. PLEASE HELP!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Pres ctrl alt del no respon