Windows 10: Random system restart triggered by Software Protection Service, which then schedules a...

Discus and support Random system restart triggered by Software Protection Service, which then schedules a... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; What on earth is this Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2119-09-29T01:47:34Z. Reason: RulesEngine. This is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KMcT363, Oct 23, 2019.

1. KMcT363 Win User

Random system restart triggered by Software Protection Service, which then schedules a...

What on earth is this

Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2119-09-29T01:47:34Z. Reason: RulesEngine.

This is the last line in the event log before my system rebooted for no apparent reason.

Random reboots, i.e. reboots not under my control, are unacceptable. How to stop this from happening?

:)

KMcT363, Oct 23, 2019

2. Error: "Failed to schedule Software Protection service", Error Code: 0x80070005 on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with the Windows Service errors, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

The issue may occur if one or more of the following conditions are true:

• The Task Scheduler service is disabled.
    • The Software Protection Platform service is not running under the NETWORK SERVICE account.
    • Read permissions for the NETWORK SERVICE account are missing on the following folder:
      C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to verify that the Task Scheduler service is running. .

• Press Windows + R keys, type services.msc and press enter.
    • Locate the Task Scheduler service.
    • Open the Task Scheduler service and click on “Start” button.
    • Set the Startup type to “Automatic”.
    • Click OK.

Method 2: After verifying the service try the below.

• Open the Computer Management tool, and then navigate to
      Configuration
      -> Task Scheduler -> Task Scheduler Library ->
      Microsoft -> Windows -> SoftwareProtectionPlatform.
    • On the General tab of SoftwareProtectionPlatform, select the security options, and then verify that the Software Protection Platform service is set to use the NETWORK SERVICE account.
    • In Windows Explorer, browse to the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform folder, and then verify that the NETWORK SERVICE account has Read permissions for that folder.
    • Restart the Software Protection service if it is running.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updates status of the error messages for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Software Protection Service Waking Computer

Hi,

I understand you concern, if you have installed any recent software then this might be triggering the SPS. As of now, I suggest you to please check the status of SPS in services:

• Press Windows Key + R.

• Type services.

• Check what state the service for SPS is, it should be in
      Automatic, if it is stopped suggest to change it to Automatic.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Random system restart triggered by Software Protection Service, which then schedules a...

Microsoft software protection platform (sppsvc) any other fixes for this?

Hello WulfBreaker,

Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service is a technology that is aimed at helping prevent piracy and protect customers from software tampering while making licensing easier to manage.
    Try to disable the SvcRestartTask command. Here's how:

1. Click the Start menu button, type scheduled task and open Scheduled tasks.
    2. Enter Task Scheduler Library, then Microsoft,
      Windows, and finally SoftwareProtectionPlatform.
    3. Right-click on SvcRestartTask, and choose Disable.
    4. In case there are two or more such processes, delete the duplicates.

If the issue still persists, some users suggested using a third-party software to disable the said service. You can check the suggested steps from
    Ellio_tt in this thread.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Random system restart triggered by Software Protection Service, which then schedules a...

1. Random system restart triggered by Software Protection Service, which then schedules a... - Similar Threads - Random system restart

2. Scheduled Software Protection/Task Scheduler/Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scheduled Software Protection/Task Scheduler/Windows11: Hello. I've got a problem with "Scheduled Software Protection". Every hour i getting messages in "Event Viewer" like this: First - "Offline downlevel migration succeeded" and then after 40-60 seconds i've got second - "Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for...
  3. Scheduled Software Protection/Task Scheduler/Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduled Software Protection/Task Scheduler/Windows11: Hello. I've got a problem with "Scheduled Software Protection". Every hour i getting messages in "Event Viewer" like this: First - "Offline downlevel migration succeeded" and then after 40-60 seconds i've got second - "Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for...
  4. "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart", Error Code: 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart", Error Code: 0x80070002: I have deleted \Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform scheduled task. I deleted this Scheduled Task as it was consuming a high CPU. post that I see these errors in event way to many times. "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart", Error Code:...
  5. "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart", Error Code: 0x80070002

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart", Error Code: 0x80070002: I have deleted \Microsoft\Windows\SoftwareProtectionPlatform scheduled task. I deleted this Scheduled Task as it was consuming a high CPU. post that I see these errors in event way to many times. "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart", Error Code:...
  6. "Failed to schedule Software Protection service for restart", Error Code: 0x80070002

7. Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at.....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at.....: My game suddenly closes in midway after 2021-11 cumulative update KB5007262. I searched a lot online but couldn't find anything. But I could see this in my event logSuccessfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2121-11-02T10:56:42Z. Reason:...
  8. Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at.....

Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at.....: My game suddenly closes in midway after 2021-11 cumulative update KB5007262. I searched a lot online but couldn't find anything. But I could see this in my event logSuccessfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2121-11-02T10:56:42Z. Reason:...
  9. Scheduled Task Not Running, Triggered Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled Task Not Running, Triggered Randomly: I have a task set up to run one time on a scheduled time. Sleep settings set to never. I can put it for example 1 hour away from now and leave my computer idle. The task does not run then my computer discharges. When i turn on computer normally, task is then triggered even...
  10. Event 16384 Windows is Scheduling a restart of the Software Protection service multiple...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event 16384 Windows is Scheduling a restart of the Software Protection service multiple...: Event 16384, Security-SSP Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2121-02-23. Reason: RulesEngine. Notice that the date is 100 years in the future It is often accompanied by event 16394: Offline downlevel migration succeeded. This happens a few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. software protection restart

2. Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at

3. successfully scheduled software protection service for re-start

4. Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at 2120-04-13T08:49:20Z. Reason: RulesEngine.,
  5. Successfully scheduled Software Protection service for re-start at Reason: RulesEngine.,
  6. successfully scheduled software protection service to restart,
  7. software protection service schedule restart,
  8. successfully scheduled software protection service for re-start at 2020-03-06t09:53:44z. reason,
  9. software protection service restart for RulesEngine,
  10. software protection service restarting windows from hibernation,
  11. win10 reboot RulesEngine,
  12. Software Protection service for re-start,
  13. software protection service causing restart,
  14. windows sheduled restart rulesengine,
  15. successfully scheduled software protection service for re-start at 2020-06-01t13:04:33z. reason: rulesengine.