Windows 10: Random system shutdowns maybe related to Oculus VR OVRservice.exe

Discus and support Random system shutdowns maybe related to Oculus VR OVRservice.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The random system shutdowns not BSOD, just turn off without warning started in October of 2019 possibly following a Windows 10 update. A few forum... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrendanClarke, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Random system shutdowns maybe related to Oculus VR OVRservice.exe

The random system shutdowns not BSOD, just turn off without warning started in October of 2019 possibly following a Windows 10 update.
    A few forum posts from 2018 suggested Oculus Rift program OVRservice.exe might be the cause, I checked the Windows Event viewer which had some errors relating to Oculus software but I couldn't determine why the Oculus software might be causing the crashes.
    My system was very unstable and would crash at least once a day in normal use, following a system crash in March 2020 I couldn't restart Windows even in safe mode so had to make a clean install.
    I begun reinstalling my usual applications and created incremental System Image Backups.
    After I installed software for my Oculus Rift the crashes started again, in particular when I connect the USB cable for the headset itself which triggers the main Oculus software to launch.
    Disconnecting the headset and disabling the associated system services OVRservice.exe and OVRLibraryService.exe seems to prevent the crashes from occuring.

The following Onedrive link contains:

- Minidump
    - MSinfo information
    - Event Viewer reports
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgGamDYJ2O_x6wMoj4lZcbH3CNNq?e=QdHBpt

I'd be very grateful if someone could have a look through these log files and let me know what could be causing my system instability, I even contemplated buying a new PC but if the issue is Oculus related then I might be back to square one.

Thanks in advance.

:)

BrendanClarke, Apr 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 and Oculus / VR Headsets

Will Windows 10 have proper support for VR Devices, so that you can look at your desktop or a 2D Non-Stereo Application without going cross-eyed ?

I can imagine that Microsoft is passing that buck to Oculus, and Quite Possibly Occulus to Microsoft. But the bottom line exists that dealing with a VR Headset is a Headache in Windows 7, and even so in Windows 8.1, with Holo-Lens on the horizon, and Oculus
    Streaming from XBoxOne it's time for Microsoft to step up and bring their OS into the future.

Andrei Maraklov, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Introducing Oculus Quest All-in-One VR Gaming System - Spring 2019 VR-Holo

Source: https://www.oculus.com/blog/introduc...g-spring-2019/

Brink, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Random system shutdowns maybe related to Oculus VR OVRservice.exe

Introducing Oculus Quest All-in-One VR Gaming System - Spring 2019

Source: https://www.oculus.com/blog/introduc...g-spring-2019/

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Random system shutdowns maybe related to Oculus VR OVRservice.exe

1. Random system shutdowns maybe related to Oculus VR OVRservice.exe - Similar Threads - Random system shutdowns

2. Exe related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe related: Can you tell me what is ztool.exe and will it harm my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-related/4b13d815-837c-4637-b54d-284885fb62ee
  3. Exe related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Exe related: Can you tell me what is ztool.exe and will it harm my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-related/4b13d815-837c-4637-b54d-284885fb62ee
  4. BSOD errors at random with different codes, maybe driver related?

BSOD errors at random with different codes, maybe driver related?: I've been troubleshooting for the last few weeks whenever I've experienced this issue, I seem to randomly blue screen at random points with no seeming underlying cause, the following BSOD errors have come...
  5. BSOD errors at random with different codes, maybe driver related?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD errors at random with different codes, maybe driver related?: I've been troubleshooting for the last few weeks whenever I've experienced this issue, I seem to randomly blue screen at random points with no seeming underlying cause, the following BSOD errors have come...
  6. Windows 11 and Oculus VR linking compatibility

Windows 11 and Oculus VR linking compatibility: Is an Windows Insider I have had Windows 11 since it was released for insiders, and for the most part haven't encountered any issues until recently. I have been trying to find a workaround for installing the Oculus App Software for linking to PC, but the installer and windows...
  7. Windows 11 and Oculus VR linking compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Oculus VR linking compatibility: Is an Windows Insider I have had Windows 11 since it was released for insiders, and for the most part haven't encountered any issues until recently. I have been trying to find a workaround for installing the Oculus App Software for linking to PC, but the installer and windows...
  8. Can't get fs 2020 in vr with Oculus Quest 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get fs 2020 in vr with Oculus Quest 2: OK. I'm perplexed. I've followed every step I'm supposed to take to get the Quest 2 playing with FS 2020: opted in to Oculus Rift Public Test Channel...opened registry and changed runtime field so that now when I open FS, it also opens Oculus app, etc. OK: to get to VR, I...
  9. Facebook introduces Oculus Quest 2 next generation of VR

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook introduces Oculus Quest 2 next generation of VR: Oculus Quest changed the game for wireless VR. It delivered fresh experiences for enthusiasts and new opportunities for developers, all while introducing immersive gaming to newcomers across the globe. Today, we’re excited to announce Oculus Quest 2, the next...
  10. Introducing Oculus Quest All-in-One VR Gaming System - Spring 2019

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Oculus Quest All-in-One VR Gaming System - Spring 2019: UPDATE: At 11:10 am PT, ILMxLAB Executive in Charge Vicki Dobbs Beck and Writer and Executive Producer David S. Goyer took the stage at OC5 to announce that the first episode of Vader Immortal: A Star Wars VR Series will debut on Oculus Quest when it launches in Spring 2019....