Windows 10: Random sytem restarts - what is causing the problem

Discus and support Random sytem restarts - what is causing the problem in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey there, I don't know what to do any more.Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X1Carbon 7thGen. Fresh installation from the web.Mostly only Windows and Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by g-Dschi, Feb 25, 2024.

1. g-Dschi Win User

Random sytem restarts - what is causing the problem

Hey there, I don't know what to do any more.Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X1Carbon 7thGen. Fresh installation from the web.Mostly only Windows and Lenovo Drivers installed.Lenovo replaced the mainboard. Nothing changed. the system is restarting randomly every couple of hrs, sometimes minutes.To test it*s not connected with my Lenovo USB-C Dock2Gen any more, Just power and external monitor via HDMI.Just the last 25 hrs... 25.02.2024 03:08:33Der Computer wurde nach einem schwerwiegenden Fehler neu gestartet. Der Fehlercode war: 0x0000009f

:)

g-Dschi, Feb 25, 2024

2. random restarts

Hi Lili,

Hardware failure or system instability can cause the computer to
    randomly restarts. As our initial troubleshooting step, we suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter on your computer and check if it fixes the issue. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems look for
      Power.
    • Then Run the troubleshooter.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Feb 25, 2024
  3. J-Man Win User
    Random Restarts?

When I had random restarts I THINK it was my PSU that caused it but alternatively it could be a driver which needs to be found that's causing it (if it's a driver).

J-Man, Feb 25, 2024
  4. Random sytem restarts - what is causing the problem

random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Feb 25, 2024
Thema:

Random sytem restarts - what is causing the problem

1. Random sytem restarts - what is causing the problem - Similar Threads - Random sytem restarts

2. Random sytem restarts - what is causing the problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random sytem restarts - what is causing the problem: Hey there, I don't know what to do any more.Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X1Carbon 7thGen. Fresh installation from the web.Mostly only Windows and Lenovo Drivers installed.Lenovo replaced the mainboard. Nothing changed. the system is restarting randomly every couple of hrs,...
  3. Random sytem restarts - what is causing the problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random sytem restarts - what is causing the problem: Hey there, I don't know what to do any more.Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X1Carbon 7thGen. Fresh installation from the web.Mostly only Windows and Lenovo Drivers installed.Lenovo replaced the mainboard. Nothing changed. the system is restarting randomly every couple of hrs,...
  4. Random sytem restarts - what is causing the problem

5. Restart blue screen UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION - What causes the problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restart blue screen UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION - What causes the problem?: Loading Dump File [C:\Users\M.H.Rohani\Desktop\091023-46406-01 - Copy.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms LocationDeferred srv*Symbol search path is: srv*Executable search...
  6. Restart blue screen UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION - What causes the problem?

Restart blue screen UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION - What causes the problem?: Loading Dump File [C:\Users\M.H.Rohani\Desktop\091023-46406-01 - Copy.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms LocationDeferred srv*Symbol search path is: srv*Executable search...
  7. Restart blue screen UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION - What causes the problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. What is causing these random reboots

What is causing these random reboots: i got the bugcheck 0x0000007e again, i am going to attach the mini dump file i would much appreciate any help i don't know why this is happening to me AGAINhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/1G_hYKX7H-e3EL24Fjym2SR2-48F6aezz/view?usp=sharingfor my situation before i had the same...
  9. Computer restarting randomly. Unsure what is causing it to restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer restarting randomly. Unsure what is causing it to restart.: This has been happening for the last week. I boot the computer and for a while it behaves normally when at random the computer will crash and go black screen and restart. Usually after the restart it is fine for the rest of the day. I have attempted to fix it myself with...
  10. Windows 10 just restarted randomly without warning. What caused the restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 just restarted randomly without warning. What caused the restart?: My computer just randomly restarted itself. My monitors went black and then eventually Windows restarted. I have no idea what to look at in "Event Viewer" to figure out what caused it. This has happened before but I can't pinpoint any specific thing that might have triggered...