Windows 10: Random taskbar apps opening and numbers entered

Discus and support Random taskbar apps opening and numbers entered in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5570 laptop using Windows 10. So a few days ago while I was using my laptop ramdomy apps from my taskbar started popping out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Alyssa Lim, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Random taskbar apps opening and numbers entered

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5570 laptop using Windows 10. So a few days ago while I was using my laptop ramdomy apps from my taskbar started popping out uncontrollably. I also noticed that random numbers are entered in any space possible 43210987. The numbers 4 and 7 are being spammed more than the others.

Rebooting in safe mode stopped everything that was happening. I assumed this is because of a hidden virus not detected by any antivirus software e.g. Windows Defender and McAfree so I performed a clean boot after I collected important files in safe mode. My laptop was back to normal and the weird thing acted up again after 4 days. Does anyone know why this is happening?

:)

Alyssa Lim, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Random taskbar apps opening and numbers entered :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 29, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

Yep, I see the same.

I tried adding Paint to Open With for txt. That also appeared in the More Options list.

I suspect it's to do with what the programs are registered to handle. The Open With list is constructed form a number of sources e.g. at least these:

Random taskbar apps opening and numbers entered [​IMG]

The first of those corresponds to Snip & Sketch (simply search and find refs to the Appx string)

dalchina, Oct 29, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Random taskbar apps opening and numbers entered

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Random taskbar apps opening and numbers entered

1. Random taskbar apps opening and numbers entered - Similar Threads - Random taskbar apps

2. taskbar apps disappear randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar apps disappear randomly: hi ms answers,for some reason my apps are getting randomly hidden from the taskbar. it mostly happens to fullscreen apps when i minimize them, and then they just completely disappear from the taskbar and i can only open the app by using task manager. it also happens to...
  3. taskbar apps disappear randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar apps disappear randomly: hi ms answers,for some reason my apps are getting randomly hidden from the taskbar. it mostly happens to fullscreen apps when i minimize them, and then they just completely disappear from the taskbar and i can only open the app by using task manager. it also happens to...
  4. Pin Number and Enter

Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  5. Pin Number and Enter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Number and Enter: Here's a simple problem but which I cannot overcome but one of you folks can. When I type in my PIN number on this laptop, it automatically opens Windows. On another laptop, when I type in the PIN number, I have to hit the enter button for it to open Windows. Why is that and...
  6. Windows Key+number to open taskbar app does not work when multiple instances of app are open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key+number to open taskbar app does not work when multiple instances of app are open: Hello. I frequently use the shortcut Win+Number to open applications on the taskbar Win+1 for file explorer, Win+2 for Chrome, and so on which is very convenient and fast. When there are multiple instances of an app running, I expect that this shortcut will open the latest...
  7. Windows Key+number to open taskbar app does not work when multiple instances of app are open

Windows Key+number to open taskbar app does not work when multiple instances of app are open: Hello. I frequently use the shortcut Win+Number to open applications on the taskbar Win+1 for file explorer, Win+2 for Chrome, and so on which is very convenient and fast. When there are multiple instances of an app running, I expect that this shortcut will open the latest...
  8. enter phone number format

in Windows 10 Customization
    enter phone number format: format to enter phone number https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enter-phone-number-format/73c14c01-12ac-4ab9-9ec1-a2a3479df8b9
  9. open apps on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    open apps on taskbar: how do I show what apps are open on the taskbar when I change desktops? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-apps-on-taskbar/f366323e-094f-4316-908a-002d8ad790be
  10. Numbers Keypad opens apps as well as typing numbers

in Windows 10 Support
    Numbers Keypad opens apps as well as typing numbers: I'm talking about the keypad at the right end of the keyboard. When I press some number keys, apps open; if I use the numbers at the top of the keyboard, they work as usual. I can't find this specific issue anywhere online. [img] 1 opens Google Chrome 4 opens the...