Windows 10: Random text bug /virus

Discus and support Random text bug /virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having a problem for some months now with things happening to the text I write, first of all chunks of text disappearing on notepad after... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 75657686 B, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Random text bug /virus

Hi, I've been having a problem for some months now with things happening to the text I write, first of all chunks of text disappearing on notepad after saving and adding new text, now I'm stuck with a bug that randomly causes extra letters or numbers to be written e.g. 2 becomes 22 or 3 might become 33, as well as adding keys next to the one I typed e.g. typing S or T & getting SA and TR or two of the same letter or missing out letters, then other times it most usually misses out numbers e.g. this is what I'm getting right now right here if I go along the top row 123457890, -you see it missed out the six, if I do it again 1234567890 -that time it was fine but it keeps randomly missing out 6, 8 & 9, sometimes 0 then more rarely it does the opposite & misses out earlier numbers such as 2 or 3, one time it kept putting the letter o instead of 0 which proves its up to something strange, other times it keeps not responding when a number is pressed so it might take 8 presses for it to work & then its fine again for a minute then does it all over again, it also happens with my right side number pad but happens with different numbers and happens much less often. The most worrying thing that makes you wonder if its a virus was once one day only when typing in a password it kept redirecting the text from the password box to the web address box as I typed a number in the password so before I noticed I had typed my password as the website address & pressed enter meaning someone could potentially see it & obtain it. As you can see its nothing to do with the keyboard & it changes either every day or every few seconds doing different sets of bugs, then some days it hardly does it at all or different after re-starting.

:)

75657686 B, Jun 26, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. W1zzard Win User
    List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Random text bug /virus

text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Random text bug /virus

1. Random text bug /virus - Similar Threads - Random text bug

2. Is this a bug or a virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a bug or a virus?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OkHyena1818 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/xhiwe5/is_this_a_bug_or_a_virus/
  3. Windows bug or a viruses?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows bug or a viruses?: so 4-5 days ago i just normally start my laptop, but after a few hours i noticed while im playing a game my disk space was dropped too much until now. im so confused and frustrated because this problem forced me not to do my usual activitieslike im just want to download 106MB...
  4. Windows bug or a viruses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows bug or a viruses?: so 4-5 days ago i just normally start my laptop, but after a few hours i noticed while im playing a game my disk space was dropped too much until now. im so confused and frustrated because this problem forced me not to do my usual activitieslike im just want to download 106MB...
  5. Windows bug or a viruses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Virus? Bug? Nothing?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus? Bug? Nothing?: Hello! Yesterday I wanted to check my PC for Viruses and Malware. After the scan an infected file was found, which is called Win32:Binder-Dl-[drp], but my antivirus couldn't move it to quarantine, it said because it is already deleted or the antivirus has no permission to...
  7. this is a virus or a bug ?

this is a virus or a bug ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mrnothing- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwk7yp/this_is_a_virus_or_a_bug/
  8. Hacked or Bugs? Text fields

Hacked or Bugs? Text fields: Within Firefox and now today in a game and discord I'm getting text being entered into web text forms, discord chat boxes and even in game chat. I have visually watched the letters be entered while I'm not touching the keyboard. The text seems to be things that I typed hours...
  9. Virus or bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus or bug: Hi i have a virus and my computer is not working or working but very very slower what is happening? What should i do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-or-bug/da60f72f-cd73-41c4-8222-ae8b14798acf
  10. Bug or virus.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bug or virus.: I am user of windows 10 64 bit edition, my laptop is fx504. I am facing auto typing issue in windows. Whenever I am logging in, windows start typing c automatically and it restrict me to do any other task. If any one can kindly help me to rectify this issue....