Windows 10: Random text bug /virus

Discus and support Random text bug /virus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having a problem for some months now with things happening to the text I write, first of all chunks of text disappearing on notepad after... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 75657686 B, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Random text bug /virus

Hi, I've been having a problem for some months now with things happening to the text I write, first of all chunks of text disappearing on notepad after saving and adding new text, now I'm stuck with a bug that randomly causes extra letters or numbers to be written e.g. 2 becomes 22 or 3 might become 33, as well as adding keys next to the one I typed e.g. typing S or T & getting SA and TR or two of the same letter or missing out letters, then other times it most usually misses out numbers e.g. this is what I'm getting right now right here if I go along the top row 123457890, -you see it missed out the six, if I do it again 1234567890 -that time it was fine but it keeps randomly missing out 6, 8 & 9, sometimes 0 then more rarely it does the opposite & misses out earlier numbers such as 2 or 3, one time it kept putting the letter o instead of 0 which proves its up to something strange, other times it keeps not responding when a number is pressed so it might take 8 presses for it to work & then its fine again for a minute then does it all over again, it also happens with my right side number pad but happens with different numbers and happens much less often. The most worrying thing that makes you wonder if its a virus was once one day only when typing in a password it kept redirecting the text from the password box to the web address box as I typed a number in the password so before I noticed I had typed my password as the website address & pressed enter meaning someone could potentially see it & obtain it. As you can see its nothing to do with the keyboard & it changes either every day or every few seconds doing different sets of bugs, then some days it hardly does it at all or different after re-starting.

:)

75657686 B, Jun 26, 2019
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. W1zzard Win User
    List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Random text bug /virus

text suggestion

Hi, Alp Patel.

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To enable text suggestion on your Lumia 640, you may follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings under your App list.

2. Search for Keyboard.

3. Tap the keyboard you're using to make changes.

4. Check the checkbox for "Suggest text".

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Cristal Reg, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Random text bug /virus

1. Random text bug /virus - Similar Threads - Random text bug

2. Windows defender virus definition bug

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender virus definition bug: I develop a plug-in for Outlook, and the installer is digitally signed using a recognized EV signing certificate. Within the last three or four days, Windows defender has started identifying the installer as Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl . This is true of previously published...
  3. Random digital sounds, no malware or viruses detected

in Windows 10 Support
    Random digital sounds, no malware or viruses detected: Greetings! I've come here for help because Google has failed me, perhaps for the first time ever. I have a new, custom built PC, with original Windows 10 installed. Avast Antivirus, Malwarebytes for anti-malware. The issue is this: my PC makes random digital (as in like...
  4. Is tech-life.life a bug/virus? Windows 10

Is tech-life.life a bug/virus? Windows 10: Title changed from "tech-life.life (8.36.44.186)" and thread moved from protect/Window10 / Security & Privacy to V&M Results of some online enquiries say that "tech-life/life" is a bug/virus but others say it's Domain registered through NameCheap, "a registrar known to...
  5. Random text case changes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random text case changes: I have a user that experiences the text case changing from upper to lower case, and vice versa, seemingly at random. It is a Win 10 Pro machine with the latest updates. I have changed the keyboard to nil effect and checked the advanced keyboard settings for anything out of...
  6. Bug or virus.

Bug or virus.: I am user of windows 10 64 bit edition, my laptop is fx504. I am facing auto typing issue in windows. Whenever I am logging in, windows start typing c automatically and it restrict me to do any other task. If any one can kindly help me to rectify this issue....
  7. Text Disappearing All Over Windows Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Text Disappearing All Over Windows Randomly: Hello all, Ive got a weird issue here. More often than not, when I log onto Windows on my laptop, my desktop icons are missing text. It is not limited to just the icons though. Context menus are all missing text as well, along with everything when I open Windows explorer....
  8. Resizing text randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing text randomly: I have had W10 for three days and it has been sending me mad. The text has been resizing and windows closing randomly. Particularly bad when typing. Finally found the cause. The new feature which allows two finger use on the mouse pad is a nightmare while typing. My wrist or...
  9. Text randomly disappears in most programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Text randomly disappears in most programs: After installing creators update, the text in most programs would disappear randomly, making them impossible to use. Symptoms before this happens: Computer usually hangs (sometimes even mouse cursor freezes) for at least a few minutes If I happen to have task manager...
  10. Desktop Icons/Text Bugged, Control Panel not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons/Text Bugged, Control Panel not working.: So after my computer randomly restarting itself my desktop items have gone crazy. The text is miniscule, the alignment is insane and the (for lack of a better word) hitboxes are whacked out like so: [img] And then I go to access my Control Panel, no luck. Doesn't...