Windows 10: Random things changed files for pictures and videos don't show image preview, etc

Discus and support Random things changed files for pictures and videos don't show image preview, etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For some reason, I have recently gotten changes. These include files with no image preview, the font in every application degraded to become more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jacob_Helsel, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Random things changed files for pictures and videos don't show image preview, etc

For some reason, I have recently gotten changes. These include files with no image preview, the font in every application degraded to become more pixel-like, and while holding left click to move a tab a black outline is created with a see clear inside so I can't see my tab until I've fully moved it.

I also get javascript errors, and I get an error message whenever I try to update my windows settings. And I can't seem to give my account administrative permissions.

I recently downloaded processor lasso to try to increase my frames in games, and I deleted this to try to fix the problem. I also updated Windows 10 and javascript but I still see these weird changes.

Sincerely,

Jacob Helsel

:)

Jacob_Helsel, Nov 6, 2020
  2. Eclassbud Win User

Video in the preview pane

Aileen,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What I really need to know is how get the video to play in the preview pane. Prior to Windows 10, this worked wonderfully and was an asset. Now, it requires making changes to the Windows registry - not recommended due to the enormous amount of issues with
    Windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

Eclassbud, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Viewing picture files in folders does not display image or preview

Hello Joseph,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Please idenfify the troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far.

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps below to troubleshoot the said issue:

1. Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer, then click on
    View tab.

2. Click on Options, then select Change folder and search options.

3. Click on View tab. UnderFiles and Folders, make sure to uncheck the box for
    Always show icons, never thumbnails.

If the issue still occurs, try to copy the images without preview/thumbnail and paste them back in the same folder. You should be able to get the preview and just need to delete the original files.

In addition, if you're using OneDrive in your computer, users had suggested that unchecking the "Save space and download files as I need them" resolve the issue for them.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 6, 2020
  4. Random things changed files for pictures and videos don't show image preview, etc

Video in the preview pane

Hi,

To enable the Preview pane, open File Explorer and follow these steps:

• In the File Explorer window, click the View
      tab.

• In the Panes section, click the Preview Pane button. The Preview pane is added to the right side of the File Explorer window.

• Select several files one by one to preview their contents. You can preview their contents if they are text, images, or videos.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

Random things changed files for pictures and videos don't show image preview, etc

1. Random things changed files for pictures and videos don't show image preview, etc - Similar Threads - Random things changed

2. Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview: I haven't seen a post with the same situation, I tried to disable the option that lets you see icons instead of previews in the file explorer settings...
  3. Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some pictures show icon instead of preview freshly downloaded images show preview: I haven't seen a post with the same situation, I tried to disable the option that lets you see icons instead of previews in the file explorer settings...
  4. Preview thumbnails for Video Files are a random part of the videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Preview thumbnails for Video Files are a random part of the videos: Been having this issue since last week where I transfer my video files to a new computer. They all should have a thumbnail I embedded into them, but it is just getting ignored, and instead shows a random slide of the video as its cover....
  5. Image Previews Not Showing

Image Previews Not Showing: Kind Regards, I recently had a clean reinstall of Win10 and ever since then, my image preview thumbnails are not showing. I have followed just about any instruction in this forum and in other threads to try and fix this problem but I just can`t solve it. My folder...
  6. Change Videos, Pictures, Downloads, Music etc icons in navigation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Videos, Pictures, Downloads, Music etc icons in navigation: I have been trying to change the icons in Windows 10 file explorer (desktop, downloads, etc) on the left hand side (with the hard drive disk icons) with no luck. I can change the icons appearance under "C:\Users\name" but not on the left hand side navigation. I've tried a...
  7. Change Videos, Pictures, Downloads, Music etc icons in navigation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Videos, Pictures, Downloads, Music etc icons in navigation: I have been trying to change the icons in Windows 10 file explorer desktop, downloads, etc on the left hand side with the hard drive disk icons with no luck. I can change the icons appearance under "C:\Users\name" but not on the left hand side navigation. I've tried a bunch...
  8. Previews on images and etc dont appear.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Previews on images and etc dont appear.: I've had this issue before and I've fixed it, but that in was 2017, and now I know whats going on with it. the option to pick to show Icons always not thumbnails option is unchecked. but the issues not fixed, I'm starting to get pissed off at it. submitted by /u/Cermonto...
  9. File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews

File Explorer Not Showing Image and Video Previews: None of the previews are showing up. Any way to fix this?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-not-showing-image-and-video-previews/71c39d2a-04d5-4f9f-a200-594413d60dac"
  10. Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer

Picture previews are not showing up in file explorer: Since about a month ago, I have found that the picture previews in my OneDrive file in File Explorer have disappeared. I suspect it was after an update, but am not certain. When I try to access pictures in that file that do not have a preview, I sometimes get this message:...