Windows 10: Random USB disconnect sounds/Bluetooth disabled to stop sound

Discus and support Random USB disconnect sounds/Bluetooth disabled to stop sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Cyberpower Desktop with Window 10 operating system. I have a random USB disconnect sounds. I have unplugged all USB connected items and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by isachikis, Mar 17, 2021.

1. isachikis Win User

Random USB disconnect sounds/Bluetooth disabled to stop sound

I have Cyberpower Desktop with Window 10 operating system. I have a random USB disconnect sounds. I have unplugged all USB connected items and the sound won't go away. So I reconnected all of them again.. The only thing that helps is to disable my Bluetooth. The sound goes away, but my computer still crashes. Under devices and printers, under unspecified there are 4 connected. One of them keeps blinking as if it were disconnected and the sound stays with that. My control panel blinks on and off with the sound of USB disconnecting. I don't know what to do at this point...

:)

isachikis, Mar 17, 2021
  2. Geco Mynx Win User

Notebook does random device connect/disconnect sounds (not USB)

I've some Problems with my HP EliteBook 820 G4. As soon as I close the lid, Windows makes a "Device Connected"-Sound. Then, as soon as I open it up, it makes a "Device Disconnected"-Sound. When I leaf it closed, at some time, it begins making this sounds at completely random times. Sometimes it does this sounds 1 or 2 times in a minute, then it does it 5 or 6 times in a minute.

I've installed an "USBLogView"-Utility from nirsoft to keep track of USB-Devices that are connecting or disconnecting from the notebook. I've tested it with a flash drive; this is logging just fine. But closing it, hearing the sound, opening it back up does no entry in this USBLogView-Application at all.

I've also tried to do this:
    Revisions to Where can I find logs on recent USB insertion in the Event Viewer? [duplicate]
    --> But same results.

I've googled this issue, so I found a common problem with Bluetooth or Wireless Chips/Cards. I tried to disable all Network and Bluetooth devices AND all USB-Host Controllers, but this hasn't stopped the notebook from making this annoying sounds...

I want to find out, why the Notebook is making this sounds and why I cannot log this, not with the tools of the operating system, nor with third-party applications.

Can someone please help me?

Geco Mynx, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Without Disabling Original Functionality, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect Sound in Windows 10

Without Disabling Microsoft's Original Functionality in Windows 10, How Do I Stop The Random USB Disconnect/Connect Background Sound in Windows 10?

Please note, my Motherboard is a fairly old Motherboard H61MLV v.7.0 & it's BIOS has been updated to as far as it will go.

Here are two methods that were offered to me online but I'm not sure If I should implement them. Please understand, If one of these settings goes against the Microsoft intended functionality of the disconnect/connect sound, I would prefer not to use that
    setting. The setting I'm asking for is one that is approved by Microsoft for this scenario.

Method #1

Go to: Device Manager/Human Interface Device/USB Input Device(right click)/

Properties/PowerManagement(tab)

(Uncheck Box): "Allow The Computer To Turn off This Device To Save Power" - DONE!

Method #2

Go to: Control Panel/Power Options/Balanced(recommended)/Change Plan Settings/

Change Advanced Power Settings/(Under: Balanced Active)/USB Settings(hit +)

/USB Selective Suspend Setting/DISABLE/Click Apply, OK - DONE!

I have implemented both methods & have experienced less random USB disconnect/connect sounds but they have not been 100% eliminated. Are we supposed to get some random connect/disconnect sounds under the normal Windows 10 environment? Yes or No? Should these
    random USB connect/disconnect sounds be completely eliminated under normal Window 10 conditions? Can having 7 tabs open in Microsoft Edge cause this? What do you recommend? Thank you.

Lexx Luthor, Mar 17, 2021
  4. PrestonR1 Win User

Random sounds

my computer is the sound that would usually play when you connect to a USB mouse. The problem is that there is no USB mouse connected and the sound repeats every minute and its highly annoying. I have disabled system sounds in settings, I have removed everything
    from Bluetooth in device manager and disabled Bluetooth, I changed it in control panel and set it to no system sounds, I have disabled notifications, and I've done a virus scan. I still have the random sound playing in the background still. If it helps I have
    an HP Pavilion Laptop 15 running on Windows 10 home version 1803 and os build 17134.472. (1

PrestonR1, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Random USB disconnect sounds/Bluetooth disabled to stop sound - Similar Threads - Random USB disconnect

2. Random connect/disconnect sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random connect/disconnect sounds: Hi!I get random connect/disconnect sounds when my TV is connected over HDMI 2.1 and even though its offline. This doesnt occur when its on.Also the screen flickers and hangs for a bit during the event.I have tried searching for a solution and gone thru settings left and right...
  3. Random connect/disconnect sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random connect/disconnect sounds: Hi!I get random connect/disconnect sounds when my TV is connected over HDMI 2.1 and even though its offline. This doesnt occur when its on.Also the screen flickers and hangs for a bit during the event.I have tried searching for a solution and gone thru settings left and right...
  4. Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023: 1 See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem started: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10 System Restore is your first line of defense and can take you back to a point before a problem began like a time machine. If it doesn't help...
  5. Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023: 1 See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem started: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10 System Restore is your first line of defense and can take you back to a point before a problem began like a time machine. If it doesn't help...
  6. Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. USB disconnect sound

USB disconnect sound: I get periodic USB disconnect sounds, but I have no idea what's disconnecting. Is there a way to find out? Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) 174414
  8. Mouse and Keyboard stop working randomly, USB disconnect sound plays.

Mouse and Keyboard stop working randomly, USB disconnect sound plays.: I have a new problem that I cant figure out. I have Windows 10. And at random times the USB disconnect sound plays and the Mouse cursor disappears and the keyboard stops responding. So at that point there's no choice but to restart the PC. Once restarted the computer works...
  9. Computer making USB Disconnect Sound Randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer making USB Disconnect Sound Randomly: So my desktop computer has just recently started, on random, making the sound windows makes when a USB device is unplugged. This happens made every half hour but it's random and not triggered by me doing anything. The weird part is that all USB devices seem to be working...
  10. Bluetooth Disconnects Randomly, Sound Cuts In & Out

Bluetooth Disconnects Randomly, Sound Cuts In & Out: I recently got my first computer build up and running and finally was able to install Windows 10 without an issue. It seems that one problem arises after another is solved though. I have a pair of Beats by Dre Solo Wireless 3 headphones that I've been trying to connect to...