Windows 10: Random USB Issues - Device Descriptor Request Failed

Discus and support Random USB Issues - Device Descriptor Request Failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, Thought i would make this thread as i see others with the same issue. I have just built a new PC and i get the following error randomly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EnvyYou, Dec 19, 2016.

1. EnvyYou Win User

Random USB Issues - Device Descriptor Request Failed

Hi All,

Thought i would make this thread as i see others with the same issue. I have just built a new PC and i get the following error randomly.

"The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

The issue with this is i don't actually connect anything to the PC. the message just appears randomly then fixes it self on reboot only to happen again later.

I have reinstalled USB Drivers and the issue persists.
    I only have two devices connected to the PC:
    Razer Death Adder Mouse
    Logitech K350 Wireless Keyboard.

Event Log Error -
    Fault bucket LKD_0x144_USBHUB3_DEVICE_ENUMERATION_FAILURE_UsbHub3!TelemetryData_CreateReport_VEN_0000_DEV_0000_RE V_0000, type 0
    Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 6813caa6-1a28-469f-8b39-08f1d092c8a4

DMP File:
    DMP File - USBHUB3-20161220-1525.dmp
    Bug Check Code: 0x00000144
    Parameter 1: 00000000`00003003
    Parameter 2: ffff8281`7cdbd7b8
    Parameter 3: 00000000`40010000
    Parameter4: 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver: UsbHub3.sys
    Caused By Address: UsbHub3.sys+365a0
    File Description: USB3 HUB Driver
    Crash Address: UsbHub3.sys+3173a

Check System Specs for PC Components

:)

EnvyYou, Dec 19, 2016

2. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Hi Jamile,

Thanks for your super speedy reply.

Unfortunately I haven't had any success with it. I have copied the troubleshooting report if that helps at all.

Thanks again

Hardware and Devices

L: Publisher details

Issues found

L: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) is not working properly

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) is not working properly
    Windows has detected a problem with Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Detected

View device details

Completed

Potential issues that were checked

L: Windows Update configured to never install drivers

Windows Update configured to never install drivers
    Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update.

Issue not present

L: Hardware changes might not have been detected

Hardware changes might not have been detected

Issue not present

Issues found

L: Detection details

Detected

Windows has detected a problem with Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Device information

Name:
    Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

ID:
    USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&1A7F2FFB&0&1

Error code:

View device details

Completed

View details about Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) and check if there is a solution available.

Potential issues that were checked

L: Detection details

Windows Update configured to never install drivers

Issue not present

Driver updates aren't automatically installed when detected by Windows Update.

Hardware changes might not have been detected

Issue not present

Zebralicous, Dec 19, 2016
  3. My Windows isnt detecting any of my USB Hubs

Detected

Device information

Name:
    Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

ID:
    USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&161B9FA8&0&4

Error code:

View device details

Completed

View details about Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) and check if there is a solution available.

Nope didnt fix it anyway seems like i need to do something about it i wonder if there was a missing file from the install ?

LiteGaming, Dec 19, 2016
  4. Random USB Issues - Device Descriptor Request Failed

I wonder if it is related to a bug in the last OS update as I just saw this error also and all of my USB devices are functioning correctly.

jabloomf1230, Dec 19, 2016
  5. EdTittel Win User
    It could be an internal USB device, like a hub or the USB-to-SATA bridge, or something similar. Have you looked in Device Manager to see if you now have an Unknown Device, or a device under the USB heading with a yellow exclamation point (a warning symbol)? This should start leading you in the right direction. On the other hand, you can run NirSoft's USBDeview (freeware) to see if it finds anything amiss:

Random USB Issues - Device Descriptor Request Failed [​IMG]

Troubled items show up in pink (I have none to show you at the moment, sorry), connected items in light green.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 19, 2016
  6. Thanks Ed. I did both. USBDeView was showing a failed device that is only used for charging, so I plugged it into a free standing USB charging block, rather than the PC. Maybe some dust got into the connector and was causing the problem.

jabloomf1230, Dec 19, 2016
  7. EdTittel Win User
    Glad you got it sorted. I believe you can go ahead and mark this thread "solved." Glad to have been of assistance. Happy Holidays!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 20, 2016
  8. Random USB Issues - Device Descriptor Request Failed

I would, but I didn't start this thread.

jabloomf1230, Dec 20, 2016
  9. EnvyYou Win User
    Hi Ed,

This is what i am seeing -
    What do you recommend from here.

I also wanted to mention since my original post i do have a Corsair H100i connected to my USB 1112 Port on my motherboard.

Random USB Issues - Device Descriptor Request Failed [​IMG]

EnvyYou, Dec 20, 2016
  10. elrond908 Win User
    I'm experiencing similar problems and I think this is what is causing my bluetooth to not function properly

elrond908, Dec 20, 2016
  11. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Dec 21, 2016
  12. EnvyYou Win User
    Hi Ed,

Was this message directed at me ? I have a ASUS Motherboard "Maximus VIII Hero Alpha" not a Lenovo
    Also you have mentioned a wireless driver in your link but the actual device when i expand my column out is a Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Bluetooth 4.1.

Just wanted to confirm this with you.

EnvyYou, Dec 21, 2016
  13. EdTittel Win User

Aha! I couldn't read the full descriptor. I'd suggest looking for a driver for that very device (thought you had a combo device, so sorry). Goes off to check... Try this one instead: Download Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4A Bluetooth 4.1 Driver 10.0.0.199 for Windows 10 64 bit. Again, sorry I misinterpreted your earlier posting.
    Note: the posting at SoftPedia actually provides pretty good instructions on how to install the Bluetooth driver, once you unpack the .cab file in which it resides. Good stuff!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random USB Issues - Device Descriptor Request Failed - Similar Threads - Random USB Issues

2. A request for the USB device descriptor failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed: I've had a bit of a story about this one controller that I am trying to get to work on my dell laptop. I get the following error when plugging it in "USB device not recognized The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it"...
  3. USB Device descriptor request failed

USB Device descriptor request failed: I have a surface pro 7 and every time I put on the signature type cover it tells me usb device not recognized. I have tried everything to fix this. It use to work but now wont. I thought it might be the type cover but the new one I bought says the same thing....
  4. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

USB Device Descriptor Request Failed: This happened shortly after the 204 update. Not able to identify the specific hardware causing the issue going into properties and the various details. Tried unplugging mouse, keyboard, webcam. Reinstalled chipset driver. Any way to identify the specific hardware causing...
  5. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Device Descriptor Request Failed: This happened shortly after the 204 update. Not able to identify the specific hardware causing the issue going into properties and the various details. Tried unplugging mouse, keyboard, webcam. Reinstalled chipset driver. Any way to identify the specific hardware causing...
  6. USB device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device descriptor request failed: i have a generic usb controller that was working fine but then stopped working and showed this error. At first i thought it is an issue with the controller but the same happen with another usb controller. I've tried every method to fix it but none worked. Edit-code 43...
  7. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware....
  8. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware. May I please know, How to get rid of this issue? Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)...
  9. A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.: Please fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-request-for-the-usb-device-descriptor-failed/7386ba09-376f-417e-8d67-85294c79aad3
  10. A request for the USB device descriptor failed

A request for the USB device descriptor failed: Hello I have a USB device (X.Vision PCDVB-3100) It work properly in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 But now in Windows 10 when I connect it to USB port, The Windows give me this error: “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. razer deathadder elite usb device descriptor request failed