Windows 10: Random weekly BSODs even after reset, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Discus and support Random weekly BSODs even after reset, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A few months ago I built a new pc, and I've been experiencing BSODs once or twice a week using it. I already tried: updating drivers uninstalling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mezameta, Mar 3, 2019.

1. mezameta Win User

Random weekly BSODs even after reset, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

A few months ago I built a new pc, and I've been experiencing BSODs once or twice a week using it.

I already tried:
    updating drivers
    uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers
    ran memtest86 with no issues
    ran Sfc /scannow with no issues
    ran chkdsk with no issues
    scanned for malware

Most recently, I reset Windows 10. Afterwords, I installed Chrome and the AMD Chipset drivers. I was in the process of downloading the graphic drivers when I experienced another BSOD. I used the Beta Log Collector and attached the created zip.

Not sure what else I can do. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

PC Specs:
    Windows 10 Home Version 1809
    MSI B450M PRO-VDH motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600 (stock)
    MSI Radeon RX 580 Armor 8G (stock)
    16 GB (2x8GB) Team T-Force Vulcan DDR4 2400 (stock)
    Inland 240GB SSD boot drive
    WD Green 500 GB HDD
    WD Elements 2 TB External HDD

:)

mezameta, Mar 3, 2019

2. Critical_Process_Died BSOD

Hi,

In order to resolve your concern, we suggest that you to follow these steps:

• If you've installed any new apps or devices, uninstall or unplug them and restart your PC.
    • Make sure your PC has the latest updates:
    • Go to the search box.
    • Type Windows Update then Enter.
    • Select Check for updates.
    • In the Settings menu, select Check for updates button.
    • When it's finished, restart your PC.

You may also check this
    link
    for more troubleshooting steps regarding critical_process_died error message.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 3, 2019
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

4. NGKH5 Win User

BSOD Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

My laptop experienced a BSOD with an analysis by "Who Crashed" as follows-

On Sat 11/10/2018 2:08:03 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported

crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrpamp.exe (nt!PsSetLegoNotifyRoutine+0x46C)

Bugcheck code: 0xEF (0xFFFFFFFFA8C97440, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Error: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Bug check description: This indicates that a critical system process died.

There is a possibility this problem was caused by a virus or other malware.

A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: ntkrpamp.exe .

Google query: ntkrpamp.exe CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Following is a link to my "one drive" BSOD folder with memory.dmp and other files for evaluation:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhtpFas_Rp_hiUvPKtxMgmB-b1B5

Please advise resolution for the said BSOD. Thanx!

NGKH5, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Random weekly BSODs even after reset, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED - Similar Threads - Random weekly BSODs

2. Constant random BSOD even after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant random BSOD even after reset: Hello there!I've been having this issue for embarrassingly enough, months. I would look it up, think I fixed it, and it would go away for a few days. I have done so many things such as DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, sfc /scannow, windows memory diagnostic,...
  3. Constant random BSOD even after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant random BSOD even after reset: Hello there!I've been having this issue for embarrassingly enough, months. I would look it up, think I fixed it, and it would go away for a few days. I have done so many things such as DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, sfc /scannow, windows memory diagnostic,...
  4. Constant random BSOD even after reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED with no minidump: PSU: Thermaltake - SMART 700W ATX 80 PlusMotherboard: Gigabyte Arous B450M latest BiosCPU: Ryzen 3900XGPU: XFX 5700 XTRAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2 x 16GB 288-Pin PC RAM DDR4 3200 PC4 25600 Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C16D-32GVKAs soon as I start any game, my system...
  6. Random freezing and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED even after resetting Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezing and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED even after resetting Windows: I'm running Windows version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1081). Recently, I tried reinstalling Windows from a USB drive to see if that'd fix the occasional crashes I was getting. It didn't. My computer will usually boot up fine, but after several minutes of use it'll suddenly slow...
  7. Random weekly BSODs

Random weekly BSODs: A few months ago I built a new pc, and I've been experiencing BSODs once or twice a week using it. I already tried: updating drivers uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers ran memtest86 with no issues ran Sfc /scannow with no issues ran chkdsk with no issues scanned...
  8. BSOD Critical_Process_Died at random times.

BSOD Critical_Process_Died at random times.: Hello I just reset my laptop using the recovery mode in windows. I have updated most of my drivers and currently have multiple BSOD per day. Currently, it is at 13 BSOD in the last 24 hours. These BSODs happen when I am browsing chrome, updating windows, and playing games. I...
  9. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Random BSOD

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Random BSOD: Hi everyone, i hope you can help. I have been experiencing random BSOD's for the past few days, mainly when playing games, but it has also happened when just idling on the desktop or web browsing. I have done a reset and a full re-install but the problem persists. I...
  10. BSOD [Critical_Process_Died] random & Screenshots added

BSOD [Critical_Process_Died] random & Screenshots added: I Got BSOD many times while setting up system settings after upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10 The last three times were when clicking on this option: Attachment 29404 another behavior that caused the BSOD Attachment 29558 14111

Users found this page by searching for:

1. critical process died even after windows reset

2. pc repeatedly bsods randomly critical process died