Windows 10: random white screen

Discus and support random white screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; while i'm using my computer, my screen will randomly turn one solid color (usually whatever the main color on the desktop was, ie screen turns... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Actual_Stock, Nov 6, 2019.

1. random white screen

while i'm using my computer, my screen will randomly turn one solid color (usually whatever the main color on the desktop was, ie screen turns completely white on youtube unless in dark mode, where it turns a dark grey.) I lose my mouse from the screen and have to hit the reboot button on my machine in order to fix it. It happens completely randomly. I tried uninstalling the display adapters but that didnt work, Im up to date on updates. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Actual_Stock
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Actual_Stock, Nov 6, 2019
  2. Roan T Win User

Small white bar on right side of screen

Hi Bardan,

We'd be glad to provide assistance. To better narrow this down and deliver you accurate solutions, please answer
    the following questions:

• Is the white bar present regardless of what program you are using on your computer?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the
      white bar?
      Please edit the image if any personal information may be exposed.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

This issue could also be related to
    damaged screen. We suggest that you contact your manufacturer to have your computer checked for hardware issues.

Regards.

Roan T, Nov 6, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    White Screen on Windows 10

Hi,

There may be several reasons why your laptop's screen will show a plain white screen. To assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any hardware/software changes on your laptop recently?
    • At what point do this white screen appear?
    • Have you tried booting your computer into Safe Mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Nov 6, 2019
  4. random white screen

white screen

Hello Suzanna,

Please answer the questions below:

• Did you use this computer with HP monitor before? And was it working fine?
    • Do you see manufacturer logo or any black screen in HP monitor? Or you just immediately see white screen when you turn the computer on?

I request you to uninstall and reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

random white screen

1. random white screen - Similar Threads - random white screen

2. White screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen: I'm in White screen condition and literally just White can't do anything, like I've tried to ctrl+alt+del in order to try open the taskmgr and it didn't show up. I tried hard restart for many times but didn't work. I was about to reset my pc before the white screen happened....
  3. White screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White screen: I can’t fix white screen of death, I tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-screen/1e2a9bd2-2a91-4233-9b5a-34460dfa7fc1
  4. White screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White screen: I can’t fix white screen of death, I tried everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-screen/1e2a9bd2-2a91-4233-9b5a-34460dfa7fc1
  5. White screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Stuck on white screen/ flickering white screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck on white screen/ flickering white screen: For the past 8 hours now my computer has been constantly showing a white screen or a flickering screen on my desktop, everytime i log into my computer. I have restarted, repowered and did a full resset but nothing had worked. I have tried using the safe mode on the log in...
  7. White Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Screen: I play online games and my screen goes white starting from upper left corner, Has anyone gotten this since the last update? Please let me know. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-screen/8b6dfd91-45a1-41e3-9a9e-363ab6c1ebb2
  8. White screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    White screen: I had a problem with my desk. I simply reformat it using the reset options that remove all personal files from my desktop. While I was in the process, I was already at 70%, but when I went out and came back, the screen is blank. I managed to force the shutdown, but when I...
  9. White Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    White Screen: Had a problem with my desktop. I just reformat it using the reset options that removes all personal files in my desktop. While on the process it was already at 50% but when I left and came back the screen is white. I managed to force shutdown but when i booted it up it's...
  10. Screen is flashing to black with white/colored text at random

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen is flashing to black with white/colored text at random: Screen on desktop is randomly flashing more or less reversed colors: black with white or weirdly colored text/pictures/links. Happens when moving between e-mails in desktop e-mail (Juno). It flashes the previous e-mail in black with weirdly colored text and pictures before...