Windows 10: Random Wifi Drops; Default Gateway issues

Discus and support Random Wifi Drops; Default Gateway issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey all, first time poster, short time lurker. I have just recently gotten a computer with Windows 10 preinstalled (A Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AbeLinkedIn, Sep 3, 2015.

1. Random Wifi Drops; Default Gateway issues

Hey all, first time poster, short time lurker. I have just recently gotten a computer with Windows 10 preinstalled (A Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series) and for the most part, I've been in love with it since I got it, except for one problem that renders it near useless: Spotty internet.

Basically the wifi connection on this computer is good when it wants to, but randomly it'll stop working, and when I run the diagnostics on it, it'll claim that the default gateway wasn't available and fixed, leaving me connected anywhere from a few more minutes to a few hours, and when it disconnects again, it's the same song and dance. Here's what I've done so far to rectify the issue:

-Completely remove McAfee (I believed that the firewall in it was the cause of my problem)
    -Install the latest drivers (Network adapter is an Intel dual band wireless-ac 3160 for those who care)
    -Flush DNS
    -Directly assign default gateway

None of this has been a permanent fix and I don't want to try anything else at this point because I am not a computer genius by any stretch. I want to say this is an inherent issue with Windows 10 as a whole since I'm not the only one with this issue, and since this is my primary computer for online-based college, no internet means no class. Any advice or potential fixes would be a big help, maybe something from Microsoft addressing the matter?

:)

AbeLinkedIn, Sep 3, 2015
  2. graham.d Win User

Default gateway-issue,

Default gateway-issue, constantly dropping out an annoying problem.

Default gateway is not available, always resolved by the trouble shooter

I have checked, it is not a power management issue

Moved from: [Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

graham.d, Sep 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Wifi error: network protocols missing / protocol bindings incorrect

For what it’s worth, after about four hours of constant, good-signal wifi, this is what sorted it all out — I mean ALL my issues from protocols are missing to IP issues: (default
    gateway issue).

Not sure if this will help anyone else, but I sure hope so. And I sure hope I’ve still got wifi in the morning and/or after a restart… I’ll let you know if not. It seems likely (based on experience) that another
    problem will crop up once I turn the PC off or do something else random…

MattLeppard, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

Random Wifi Drops; Default Gateway issues

1. Random Wifi Drops; Default Gateway issues - Similar Threads - Random Wifi Drops

2. The default gateway is not available WiFi.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The default gateway is not available WiFi.: When I'm watching youtube, my WiFi loses connection and when I troubleshoot it, it says that the default gateway is not available. I've tried a bunch of things I found online, none of them helped. I tried resetting the router, that didn't help either. Tried changing a bunch...
  3. Wifi randomly disconnets. Default gateway is not available issue.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi randomly disconnets. Default gateway is not available issue.: So what would happen is that throughout the day, my Wireless Connection would randomly disconnect multiple times throughout the day. Everytime after I encounter this problem, as long as I right click the wifi icon and choose "Troubleshoot Problem", the troubleshooter will...
  4. Default gateway is not available WiFi

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default gateway is not available WiFi: When my computer goes into sleep mode the WiFi adapter does not seem to wake properly. A search of other threads shows this problem is on going. I have tried every applicable solution. This is a relatively clean install and has been going on since I bought the laptop. Most...
  5. "The default gateway is not available" issue

"The default gateway is not available" issue: Hi there. I've been having this issue with up and down frequency for the span of about 10 months. Basically, my computer will randomly disconnect from the internet (with no lag leading up to it--just straight up disconnecting). Then I'll right click on the Wi-Fi icon in the...
  6. Default gateway keeps dropping

Default gateway keeps dropping: After downloading the new cumulative updates the default gateway is not available error keeps popping up.even after troubleshooting and getting it fixed after a few minutes it shows up again.what should I do 121818
  7. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and tried...
  8. Default gateway not available

Default gateway not available: Help! I've searched for hours for help on this issue and can't seem to solve my limited internet issue. First it was showing up: IP not configured correctly I input the following (which I found off another random site so don't even know if it's right) IP:...
  9. Default Gateway Not Available

Default Gateway Not Available: I have been having this problem for months now... every time I attempt transfer a large amount of data between my computers, one or both of the machines lose their network connection and windows does the "Default Gateway is not available thing" I have looked online and...
  10. WiFi is Randomly Dropping

WiFi is Randomly Dropping: Hello My router is the Horizon box provided by my ISP (UPC) and has been working fine for the last two years. My HP laptop has been working fine for the two years I've owned it. However, about two weeks ago the laptop has started randomly disconnecting from the WiFi. The...