Windows 10: Random wifi drops for the past 2 months

Discus and support Random wifi drops for the past 2 months in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the past 2 months or so, my wifi would drop for about 5-10 seconds then resume like normally, some days it doesn't drop and some days it'd drop 4-5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shock x Atomic, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Random wifi drops for the past 2 months

For the past 2 months or so, my wifi would drop for about 5-10 seconds then resume like normally, some days it doesn't drop and some days it'd drop 4-5 times. This only happens on my pc, my phone, tv and xbox wifi ect is all fine.

I have a intel dual band ac8265 wifi adapter and have had it for about 2 years

Search Results
    Web res

I've tried most things like reinstalling my pcie wifi card drivers and my windows 10 is up to date

Nothing odd shows up in event viewer, i've checked my wlan report and it says

'The network is disconnected because the user wants to establish a new connection.'

Not sure that has to do with anything though

This is obviously frustrating since I'd always get disconnected from my games so any help would be appreciated. cheers

:)

Shock x Atomic, Jun 14, 2020

2. Wifi signal drops

Both my wife's and my computer (both Dell Precision 4600) keep having random drops on our wifi signal, (running windows Pro.) The internet company has been out and changed out the router a month ago and this past week they put a watch on it. They claim
    the watch shows no drops

Emory Kent, Jun 14, 2020
  3. WG9
    WG9 Win User
    Wifi adapter disappears - goes 'hidden'

Running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. Over the past month, the wifi connection dropped without explanation/warning.

First time, the adapter was visible in Device Manager (with a yellow triangle next to it). An interent search found the suggestion to uninstall it and restart. That worked.

Today, the connection dropped again. In Device Manager at first I could not see the wifi adapter listed. I clicked to see hidden devices and found the adapter and the Bluetooth (which I had not noticed was missing).

I again uninstalled, restarted, and both the wifi and bluetooth have returned.

Anyone any ideas as to what is happening, why it's happening, and what I need to do, please?

I have attached a screenshot of the DM windows as it is now, showing the wifi adapter name, etc.

Thanks very much

WG

4. JATownes Win User

Random wifi drops for the past 2 months

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Random wifi drops for the past 2 months

1. Random wifi drops for the past 2 months - Similar Threads - Random wifi drops

2. Random Blue Screens for the past two months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Blue Screens for the past two months: Ever since the beginning of 2022 I have had very sporadic and random BSOD, every time there is a different stop code that Windows displays as the reason and I cannot replicate the BSOD with anything specific to try and narrow down what changes are helping or not. Im getting...
  3. Random Blue Screens for the past two months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Blue Screens for the past two months: Ever since the beginning of 2022 I have had very sporadic and random BSOD, every time there is a different stop code that Windows displays as the reason and I cannot replicate the BSOD with anything specific to try and narrow down what changes are helping or not. Im getting...
  4. Random Blue Screens for the past two months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION at random, everyday, for the past 3 months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION at random, everyday, for the past 3 months: Hello and thank you in advance. The BSOD in question is often UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and it changes very rarely. Since the PC in question is semi-new (only 1 year) and it has been treated meticulously, I don't think it's an hardware problem. I suspect it's due to corrupt...
  6. Wifi dropping out randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi dropping out randomly: When I connect to the internet with wifi, I’ll be able to use it for a few minutes but it will soon cut out for no apparent reason. I check the connections and it’s still there, just disconnected. I try to reconnect and it’s unable to do so. I switch airplane mode on and off...
  7. Pc Randomly Drops Wifi Signal?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc Randomly Drops Wifi Signal?: Somedays it's fine, but sometimes I'll loose connection. All my other devices will be fine. It'll say it's connected and secured but there's no connection. I'll reset my pc and it'll be boot up and be connected. Thought it was just my wifi for awhile then realized my other...
  8. Weird WiFi connection drops at random

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird WiFi connection drops at random: I'm getting these weird WiFi drops that happen randomly. I'm almost positive it's my pc's fault. One minute it'll be fine, then all of a sudden pages stop loading and after a minute or so the WiFi icon in the bottom right changes to "connected, no internet" I can usually fix...
  9. Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping

Wifi connection keeps randomly dropping: Driving me nuts! There seems to be no consistency as to when or why. I leave my computer on and plugged in all the time. I don't think it has dropped while I was actively using the computer, but I can step away for a few minutes and come back and have to reconnect....
  10. WiFi is Randomly Dropping

WiFi is Randomly Dropping: Hello My router is the Horizon box provided by my ISP (UPC) and has been working fine for the last two years. My HP laptop has been working fine for the two years I've owned it. However, about two weeks ago the laptop has started randomly disconnecting from the WiFi. The...