Windows 10: Random window opens when minimizing

Discus and support Random window opens when minimizing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've detected a funny behavior in windows 10 both in my laptop and in my desktop computer. Occasionally (very sporadically) when I minimize a program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TerosPi, Jan 31, 2019.

1. TerosPi Win User

Random window opens when minimizing

I've detected a funny behavior in windows 10 both in my laptop and in my desktop computer. Occasionally (very sporadically) when I minimize a program (Word, Firefox, Thunderbird...) next it opens the window of an app that was not open formerly (usually the calendar, the calculator or the photos app). I don't know why this happen, I'm not able to reproduce the error whenever I want, it just happens sometimes, and in both my computers. I haven't found any information on the Interned related to it, or to a similar bug. Any idea?

:)

TerosPi, Jan 31, 2019

2. Restore minimized: both email AND open message

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft forums and apology for the delayed response.

I understand that you were able to perform an easier way of minimizing and opening email program and open email in earlier version of Windows, now in Windows 10 you are not able to perform the same task.

I would suggest you to send us a feedback regarding this through Windows 10 feedback app. This will help us in improving Windows 10 as per your requirements.

You may follow the steps below to send us feedback through Feedback app.

• Open Start Menu.
    • Type Feedback in search.
    • Click on Windows feedback to open Feedback app and follow the prompts and share your feedback.
    For any further assistance with Windows, please feel free to write us back, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Random window opens when minimizing - Similar Threads - Random window opens

2. All currently open windows seemingly randomly minimizing when I click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All currently open windows seemingly randomly minimizing when I click: All currently open windows seemingly randomly minimize when I clickWhile clicking any window currently open is randomly minimized does not matter what app is open nor how many times I click...
  3. All currently open windows seemingly randomly minimizing when I click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All currently open windows seemingly randomly minimizing when I click: All currently open windows seemingly randomly minimize when I clickWhile clicking any window currently open is randomly minimized does not matter what app is open nor how many times I click...
  4. When i minimize a full screen application windows explorer opens randomly Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When i minimize a full screen application windows explorer opens randomly Windows 11: Since the last 2 days everytime i tab out of a game or go out of a fullscreen youtube video windows explorer decides to open a new instance. I tied restarting my pc, disable autoplay, virus/maluware scans and check for broken registrey files and it still happens. I also...
  5. When i minimize a full screen application windows explorer opens randomly Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i minimize a full screen application windows explorer opens randomly Windows 11: Since the last 2 days everytime i tab out of a game or go out of a fullscreen youtube video windows explorer decides to open a new instance. I tied restarting my pc, disable autoplay, virus/maluware scans and check for broken registrey files and it still happens. I also...
  6. Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open applications keep "minimizing" randomly: I have a Windows 10 Home laptop. It is not a touch screen. When I'm using the internet or playing games on my laptop, whatever application I'm using will just start acting like I've clicked off the screen into another application when I only have the one I'm using open. I've...
  7. my windows are minimize and opening randomly, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my windows are minimize and opening randomly, help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DankGrandma [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itekko/my_windows_are_minimize_and_opening_randomly_help/
  8. Folders minimizing when trying to open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders minimizing when trying to open: All of my folders on my desktop open in a very minimized view. When I right click to maximize and I hold my mouse over the folder it is a little bit bigger but will not maximize. And the same thing happens when I use This PC. It won't open. I have restarted windows...
  9. Games randomly minimizing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Games randomly minimizing: Recently, over the past week, games randomly minimize to desktop. I added a custom resolution and think it may be causing issues somehow, even though it should only effect the games that use that resolution. I have gamemode turned off, and im not sure what to do. Any advice...
  10. Games minimizing at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing at random: Hello. I have an issue that while playing any game in full screen it minimizes without crashing (most of the time). I have seen several posts in various places about this after googling it but i have not found a solution to the problem. Most of them suggest disabling an...