Windows 10: Random window quickly shows and dissappears

Discus and support Random window quickly shows and dissappears in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got a new PC and did a clean install. Randomly a window appears but disappears right away so i dont even know where it is coming from. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xboxhaxorz, May 3, 2017.

1. Random window quickly shows and dissappears

I just got a new PC and did a clean install. Randomly a window appears but disappears right away so i dont even know where it is coming from. It happens fairly often, at least twice per hr or so. Is there someway to find out which processes or files have recently been loaded so i can quickly look as soon as it happens again?

:)

xboxhaxorz, May 3, 2017
  2. brang1 Win User

SYMBIAN BELLE IS UP AND ABOUT for N8

that vid link will dissappear from here pretty quickly i am tippin'

brang1, May 3, 2017
  3. Security issue-possible virus or malware-random command prompt pops up.

On my laptop, occasionally a random command prompt will pop up. First an empty prompt will appear and disappear, then another command prompt will appear, full of text and dissappear just as quickly. The last time this happened, I was going to the site
    www.blackberry.ca, but it wasn't the BlackBerry site. it was a blank white page with the text "www.blackberry.ca" in regular black print. they appear quite randomly and not very frequently. even when I'm not connected to the internet. I did some research a
    while back which suggests that it could be malware. anyone have any idea?

RobAbraham, May 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Random window quickly shows and dissappears

Hi, you can capture activity using Sysinternals Procmon (free from MS)

Initially you will get a LOT of activity and a long log.

If you set the Filter (maybe 20 or more items) to filter out common system processes, the displayed log can be reduced to almost nothing.

If your window originates from a different process or event, then all you will see (more or less) will be activity related to that.

This may take a bit of iteration.

You can also note the time at which the window appears, and use the time stamp in the log as a guide to where to look.

dalchina, May 3, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    You could install Autoruns and check to see what programs / tasks / services are being run on startup. Disable those third party items you don't need.

Steve C, May 3, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Yes, you can try a process of elimination of any programs you have installed since your clean install.

If the window looks like a command prompt window, there are a couple of threads on such windows appearing and disappearing.

dalchina, May 3, 2017
  7. I got the proc mon to check, i dont really have anything installed aside from chrome, foxit and ms office

I do kind of think its some sort of command prompt window but i shall find out soon enough

xboxhaxorz, May 4, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member
  9. This is my task manager list, i didnt find anything there that seemed out of place and the window just appeared 5 mins ago but there is nothing that shows it happening recently

xboxhaxorz, May 23, 2017
  10. dalchina New Member
    It might be a scheduled task. If it only appears momentarily, looking at the task man isn't likely to help.
    But Procmon captures everything. Just hard to find what you want.

Basic process of elimination.
    1. Does it happen in Safe Mode?
    2. Does it happen after a clean boot?
    Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    part 1
    3. If not, proceed from there, and progressively enable thing until it does.

If it does, then check scheduled tasks.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random window quickly shows and dissappears

1. Random window quickly shows and dissappears - Similar Threads - Random window quickly

2. Windows Quick Links Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Quick Links Not Showing Up: I have a few people on Windows 11 23H2 and 22H2, and they can not see or updates/add to their quick links in Windows Explorer. I've tried to delete quick links data filesreset it and they just do not show up.I've checked under the desktop folder as well.I don't have the issue...
  3. Windows Quick Links Not Showing Up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Quick Links Not Showing Up: I have a few people on Windows 11 23H2 and 22H2, and they can not see or updates/add to their quick links in Windows Explorer. I've tried to delete quick links data filesreset it and they just do not show up.I've checked under the desktop folder as well.I don't have the issue...
  4. Photos dissappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos dissappeared: I used Microsoft Photos to import photos from my android. After importing photos and videos I trusted the app to keep all the pictures and so I permanently deleted them from my phone. After a day or two, suddely the photos and videos were gone. Is there a way for me to get...
  5. Photos dissappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos dissappeared: I used Microsoft Photos to import photos from my android. After importing photos and videos I trusted the app to keep all the pictures and so I permanently deleted them from my phone. After a day or two, suddely the photos and videos were gone. Is there a way for me to get...
  6. Windows 10 Desktop Background and Icons randomly dissappear.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Desktop Background and Icons randomly dissappear.: I've started recently having this problem where, whether I logon from sleep, or am using any various programs. My desktop background and icons will not load back up. Only signing out, or restarting the computer seems to fix the issue. Also as soon as it starts going through...
  7. Bluetooth Dissappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Dissappeared: The Bluetooth function on my Windows 10 desktop disappeared and now I have reinstalled Windows 10 and it is still not working. Please Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-dissappeared/2816a63e-bd4d-4f9c-93d5-14ef0fcd5acb
  8. autofill passwords dissappeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    autofill passwords dissappeared: My autofill passwords are gone. I went to log in to a website , the password didn't fill in automatically, I checked under settings/autofill and there's nothing there. I restarted and still nothing. Can I retrieve the information somehow?...
  9. .cfg extension dissappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    .cfg extension dissappeared: It's strange because it worked for some time ago, don't even know when it stopped to associate with 'em. The problem is that I get a "open width" prompt every time I want open a .cfg file. Editing/saving etc. works (using Notepad/Notepad++) but I can't see the icon preview...
  10. Recent places dissappears in Quick Access in open/save dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent places dissappears in Quick Access in open/save dialog: I have pinned "Recent Places" folder (%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent) and this folder shows in explorer windows in Quick Access area. This is OK. But why this folder disappears from Quick Access aren in open / save dialogs in all applications? This...