Windows 10: Random Windows 10 BSOD Error; Log; Restart and more..including System Recovery/Backup Questions

Discus and support Random Windows 10 BSOD Error; Log; Restart and more..including System Recovery/Backup Questions in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A strange thing just happened to me which prompted me to come here to post to see if anyone knows what it's about. I was just watching Youtube videos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by irnswis, Sep 27, 2020.

1. irnswis Win User

Random Windows 10 BSOD Error; Log; Restart and more..including System Recovery/Backup Questions

A strange thing just happened to me which prompted me to come here to post to see if anyone knows what it's about.

I was just watching Youtube videos via Firefox and my PC just suddenly kicked me out giving me the BSOD with a message that an error had occurred and that the error details were being sent to Microsoft. Then after about 30 seconds of hanging, the PC restarted. I logged back in to then find that my start menu button was inoperable, so I manually restarted and itluckily worked again.

The only changes I've made to the PC of recent is upgrading Malwarebytes to premium and therefore now having it running live; not sure if that's got anything to do with it because this has never happened before, and I don't want it to happen again!

Btw, I always check Windows Update every day and I am running the latest updates.. Is it a dodgy recent batch of updates doing this?

Not impressed with this because it is very disruptive, and I don't know if my operating system is basically broken and just running ok temporarily 'til the next imminent crash. I know it's not the best policy, and I'm running the risk, but up until now I have not used software/drive image backups or manual system restore points - if you can even set manual windows restore points on Windows 10 - ?? because I think it automatically sets restore points for you??

If not I would need to look up about Windows recovery and setting restore points after this definitely.

I do back up my important files and folders however; but it would be a total pain in the a** reinstalling all my software and settings all over again if the system needs a complete fresh install - it would take many hours if not days!

If anyone has any easy restore/recovery tips also that would be well received.

:)

irnswis, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Binge Win User
    Random Restarts, No BSOD

He mentioned that he had done that above. Also I provided a BSOD details app. There were no BSODs to report.

Binge, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Random Windows 10 BSOD Error; Log; Restart and more..including System Recovery/Backup Questions

Random Restarts, No BSOD

Reboot and hit F8 to get into the Windows Diagnostic Settings before Windows boots. Turn off "Automatic Restart on System Failure." This way we can completely rule out BSODs. Sometimes a PC will BSOD but the PC will restart so quickly that the BSOD is not even rendered.

Random Murderer, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Random Windows 10 BSOD Error; Log; Restart and more..including System Recovery/Backup Questions

1. Random Windows 10 BSOD Error; Log; Restart and more..including System Recovery/Backup Questions - Similar Threads - Random BSOD Error

2. Random Black Screen [Logs Included]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screen [Logs Included]: Hey guys.For months now I've been troubleshooting this very odd black screen event that occurs when ever it decides to. I've swapped RAM, added more ram, played with XMP, swapped storage/boot drive, manually updated BIOS, cleaned the fans, repasted the CPU, deep cleaned the...
  3. Random Black Screen [Logs Included]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screen [Logs Included]: Hey guys.For months now I've been troubleshooting this very odd black screen event that occurs when ever it decides to. I've swapped RAM, added more ram, played with XMP, swapped storage/boot drive, manually updated BIOS, cleaned the fans, repasted the CPU, deep cleaned the...
  4. Random Black Screen [Logs Included]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer randomly restarting Windows 10 Event logs included

Computer randomly restarting Windows 10 Event logs included: Hi all,Essentially my computer is randomly restarting and I'm not exactly sure as to why.Things I've tried:-Updating and reinstalling latest graphics card driver.-Turning off automatic restart it re-enabled the feature on its own.-Swapping psu cable.I tried going through the...
  6. Windows 10 System Recovery Image Questions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 System Recovery Image Questions: So I would like to make a system recovery image everything for my computer for a "just in case" moment, y'know? I have an external ssd or hdd or something I dunno and it has some stuff on there and I just want to know if I use the backup tools will it erase everything on the...
  7. Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Option for recovery from system backup in start menu and more: Hello! First, please excuse me for my poor english - it's not my mother language! I will make my PC dual boot with windows 10 and 7 and I have an idea – is it possible to make full system drive backup (with activation, all drivers, apps, system and apps settings) on separate...
  8. BSOD service system error on restart and random freeze in games

BSOD service system error on restart and random freeze in games: Attachment 111543 Started getting random freeze while playing Dishonored 2. Then at restart it would blue screen crash.. any help would be appreciated. Nate 70869
  9. Backup @ Recovery question

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup @ Recovery question: I just upgraded W7 to W10 on my old laptop. Now I want to create a backup in case my HDD fails. 1. Create Recovery Drive (windows utility) using USB drive. 2. Run Backup and Restore (windows utility) using external HDD. One think I noticed it says "Backup and Restore...
  10. BSOD and restarts after bug control 0x0000000a and more random errors

BSOD and restarts after bug control 0x0000000a and more random errors: Hello everyone. I'm getting desperate. After abandoning Mac, I bought a 4k € desktop last year (Jan 2016) for 3D modelling and rendering, and also for flightsimming. Initially, it was an MSI X99A with a i5930 processor and an Nvidia 980Ti, but it seemed to be...