Windows 10: Random Windows 10 BSOD - IRQL Error , Driver Buffer etc.

Discus and support Random Windows 10 BSOD - IRQL Error , Driver Buffer etc. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My machine was a windows 7 pro, Intel DX79TO, I7 3930k (mildly over clocked to 3.6 via turbo) , with 48GB RAM. Was stable till three months back - was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PhaedRusEngine, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Random Windows 10 BSOD - IRQL Error , Driver Buffer etc.

My machine was a windows 7 pro, Intel DX79TO, I7 3930k (mildly over clocked to 3.6 via turbo) , with 48GB RAM. Was stable till three months back - was set up in 2012. Now it randomly BSODs with varying message - usually driver stack or IRQL.

I tried the following and the issue still remains.

1) Update Bios

2) Upgrade cooling to liquid cooling Corsair H100i pro,

3) Upgrade to windows 10 pro

4) Update all drivers (including pcie)

5) check ssd health,

6) run memtest for 12 hours (no errors)

7) run prime 95 for 12 hours (bsoded a minute after I stopped prime)

8) OCCT - stable for 4 hours

9) used PSU tester - psu is fine

10) stock clock with no turbo at 3.2 (still bsoded)

11) whocrashed says software issue likely.

12) reinstalled Windows 10 - deleting all prior programs - minimal new installs - office, R and Python.

Only peripherals are monitor, key board and mouse. HELP!

minidump is here

https://openload.co/f/xXnrwy36nk8/101818-9640-01.dmp

:)

PhaedRusEngine, Oct 18, 2018

2. Multiple random errors of different kinds when using any Browser in Windows 10

I get these errors at random times at the bsod when using any of my 3 browsers(mostly) using windows 10.

I have what I think are all my drivers up to date.

Bad Pool Header

Memory Management

Kernel security check failure

IRQL not less or equal

Page fault in nonpaged area

PFN list corrupt

any suggestions?

AtomicDragon71, Oct 18, 2018
  3. Bonn84 Win User
    Random BSOD errors

Background

• Whilst only bought recently, my laptop (Dell XPS 9560) has a history with random BSOD errors that tend to increase in frequency with time until the laptop becomes unusable.
    • The laptop was given a fresh format and installation recently.
    • Software installed – Installed Windows 10, Office, Winrar, Adobe Reader, Visual Studio 2015, SQL Server, Chrome, DropBox, Google Backup and Sync
    • Within two weeks it reverted to giving BSOD errors.
    Symptoms

• Random BSOD errors
      • Page fault in non-paged area (NTFS.sys)
      • IRQL not less than or equal
    • Backup and Sync crashes very regularly (no user friendly message, just googledrivesync.exe has stopped working)
    • Chrome crashes quite regularly (ah snap! message). This happened both before and after the format.
    • Windows Update fails
    Things I tried

• Uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and Backup & Sync
    • Downloaded and installed Dell Updates
      • Specifically a BIOS update (installed successfully)
    • Ran Dell Diagnostics (at boot time)
      • No issues found
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Hardware Checkup
      • Succeeded
    • Windows Update
      • In Normal Mode: Message shows up indicating that the system is not up to date. Upon clicking Check for Updates, updates seem to download but then quit abruptly during installation. Same error indicating system is not up to date shows.
      • In Safe Mode: Upon clicking Check for Updates the Windows Update window closes abruptly.
    • sfc /scannow
      • In Normal Mode: Error at 3%: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation
      • In Safe Mode: Ran successfully, no violations found
    • Chkdsk /f c:
      • Ran successfully
    • Windows Memory Diagnostic
      • Succeeded
    • MemTest86 (more advanced memory test)
      • Freezes mid-way (tried twice)
    • Ran Dell SupportAssist Drivers and Downloads
      • BIOS update
      • Network driver (Intel 8265) – Failed. Installed separately through device manager.
    • Step #9 seems to have solved some of the issues:
      • Windows update succeeded (#4)
      • Sfc /scannow succeeded in normal mode (#5)
      • BSOD errors persisted though (091317-8562-01.dmp occurred after the update)
    Thing I did not try

• Eliminating hardware (e.g., memory stick)
    • Running Driver verifier

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bonn84, Oct 18, 2018
  4. YannicC Win User

Random Windows 10 BSOD - IRQL Error , Driver Buffer etc.

YannicC, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Random Windows 10 BSOD - IRQL Error , Driver Buffer etc.

1. Random Windows 10 BSOD - IRQL Error , Driver Buffer etc. - Similar Threads - Random BSOD IRQL

2. BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer And IRQL not less or equal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer And IRQL not less or equal: i faced this problem like 10 times today when i just using my browser such as youtube googling.Can someone help me pls.this is my minidump https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1r-ct28-LCvK-RKRHDXmJKTSg-Woi6LIH?usp=sharingand sometimes the BSOD reported another error named...
  3. BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer And IRQL not less or equal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Driver Overran Stack Buffer And IRQL not less or equal: i faced this problem like 10 times today when i just using my browser such as youtube googling.Can someone help me pls.this is my minidump https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1r-ct28-LCvK-RKRHDXmJKTSg-Woi6LIH?usp=sharingand sometimes the BSOD reported another error named...
  4. BSOD errors, IRQL, BSOD, etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD errors, IRQL, BSOD, etc.: I have continued to get a series of BSOD crashes over the last month or so. Error messages are different each time but the most common is IRQL Less or Equal, others I have received include KMODE exception not handled, DPC watchdog violation, Kernel Mode Trap, etc. It...
  5. BSOD errors, IRQL, BSOD, etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD errors, IRQL, BSOD, etc.: I have continued to get a series of BSOD crashes over the last month or so. Error messages are different each time but the most common is IRQL Less or Equal, others I have received include KMODE exception not handled, DPC watchdog violation, Kernel Mode Trap, etc. It...
  6. BSOD errors, IRQL, BSOD, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows BSOD Error Driver IRQL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows BSOD Error Driver IRQL: Hey, I've been recently getting many BSOD errors on my desktop. It's not a prebuilt one, it was one that I built a gaming desktop. I've crashed so many times to the point where I reinstalled a fresh version of windows. I wiped both of my drives and now have a new version of...
  8. Random BSOD IRQL and Driver overrun buffer

Random BSOD IRQL and Driver overrun buffer: Can someone look at these minidumps and point me to my problem. This is a dell precision 3530 I ran the bios diag and it found no issues with ram etc. https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nh0q0tvtkgr74b/minidump.zip?dl=0 Also is it safe to post these mini dumps as far as system...
  9. Random Windows 10 BSOD - IRGLE , Driver Buffer etc.

Random Windows 10 BSOD - IRGLE , Driver Buffer etc.: My machine was a windows 7 pro, Intel DX79TO, I7 3930k (mildly over clocked to 3.6 via turbo) , with 48GB RAM. Was stable till three months back - was set up in 2012. Now it randomly BSODs with varying message - usually driver stack or IRQL. I tried the following and the...
  10. Random BSODs, Driver IRQL ETD.sys

Random BSODs, Driver IRQL ETD.sys: Hello, I have been getting random BSODs for weeks now and I am totally clueless on what to do. The BSOD Message is : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys) Recently updated to windows 10. I cant seem to remember if the BSODs begun before I updated. Anyone willing to...