Windows 10: Random Windows 10 Freezes, recent

Discus and support Random Windows 10 Freezes, recent in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've had Windows 10 Freeze on him a handful of times, but nothing that seem out of the ordinary until this week. I had one freeze a week ago and 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RatJuunto, Jan 29, 2020.

1. RatJuunto Win User

Random Windows 10 Freezes, recent

I've had Windows 10 Freeze on him a handful of times, but nothing that seem out of the ordinary until this week.

I had one freeze a week ago and 2 freezes today. Not sure whats causing it, looking at the reliability monitor Ive found this, but
    thats all i can see.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffb886041e0080, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000.

My Specs
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    CPU
    Intel Core i5 @ 3.60GHz 31 °C
    Coffee Lake 14nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Single-Channel Unknown @ 1203MHz 16-16-16-39
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING LGA1151 26 °C
    Graphics
    HP 22cwa 1920x1080@60Hz
    G246HL 1920x1080@60Hz
    3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Gigabyte 44 °C
    Storage
    232GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB SATA SSD 32 °C
    1863GB Seagate ST2000DM006-2DM164 SATA 30 °C

:)

RatJuunto, Jan 29, 2020
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Random Windows 10 Freezes, recent - Similar Threads - Random Freezes recent

2. windows 10 freezing randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freezing randomly: Hey, my laptop keeps freezing randomly.so I checked out the temperature and it turns out it was high duo to the fan was not working so I fixed it and replaced my thermal paste but unfortunately the issue still there then i replaced my HDD with the SSd but that did not fixed...
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes randomly: Dear Sir/ Madam,We found that on all our public computers, Windows 10 freezes randomly the number lock and the mouse did not respond. I have already updated all drivers, firmware and all Windows Updates, and then, I also tried disable the C-state and Intel Speedstep, but the...
  4. Windows 10 freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes randomly: Dear Sir/ Madam,We found that on all our public computers, Windows 10 freezes randomly the number lock and the mouse did not respond. I have already updated all drivers, firmware and all Windows Updates, and then, I also tried disable the C-state and Intel Speedstep, but the...
  5. Windows 10 randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 randomly freezes: Hi, I'm having an issue with my windows 10 Pro instalation. I started getting some weird freezes, where system sort of freezes. I still can hear music, but very lagy, robotic sounding and repeating. I can still move my mouse, but I cannot interact with any windows or anything...
  6. Windows 10 freezing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing randomly: So far the issue only happened 3 times. The first 2 times it was during Skype calls with a friend, so I first thought the issues was related to Skype. I was not on Skype calls (just text chat) since then, but the issue occured again yesterday. The way it goes is as follows:...
  7. Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing randomly after recent updates: I am getting all sorts of freezes requiring restore of system to previous versions but, after some time, the system starts freezing again. I have tried all the "tips" which do not work - increasing page file, sfc/scannow, etc. to no avail. today morning I got following errors...
  8. Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Freezes after Recent Windows 10 update: Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I apologize if I have posted in the wrong area. I will describe the issue I'm having as best as I can with the limited information I have. So with what seemed to coincide with the Windows 10 Creators Update (though not 100% sure),...
  9. windows 10 randomly freezes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 randomly freezes: Windows 10 build 10586.14 randomly freezes and requires a power button restart. Happens once or twice per week. Never happened until I upgraded to Windows 10 when it was first available for the public. 32686
  10. Windows 10 freeze randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freeze randomly: I installed a new graphics card while I was still on Windows 7 and was having the same issue so I figured I might as well do a fresh install of Windows 10 while I'm at it, but I have the same problem still and it makes my pc unusable at times 49972