Windows 10: Random Windows lag after updating to version 2004

Discus and support Random Windows lag after updating to version 2004 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated Windows to version 2004 build 19041.329 since doing so I have been encountering huge lag spikes lasting anywhere from 10-60 seconds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaxRic, Jun 27, 2020.

1. MaxRic Win User

Random Windows lag after updating to version 2004

I recently updated Windows to version 2004 build 19041.329 since doing so I have been encountering huge lag spikes lasting anywhere from 10-60 seconds. Looking at the event log I see Event 809 TaskScheduler error: Maintenance Scheduler Group Policy Settings are not properly specified for "Invalid registry keys". Default settings are being used. I am not sure if this is what is causing the issue, or what to do to resolve it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Windows 10

Version 2004

Build 19041.329

AMD FX8350 4GHz

32GB RAM

AMD RX5700

:)

MaxRic, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Jelu Cal Win User
    Windows 10 random lag spikes (Creators Update)

Hi Bradley,

Your concern with the performance of your device can be due to the configuration of your device. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're referring to a brief unresponsiveness when you experience your concern.
    • If you've installed programs after you've updated your device to version 1703.

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing a clean boot in Windows to isolate software conflicts on your device. To do this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link
    . In the clean boot environment, check if you'll experience lags or the same behavior that you've noticed. The link will provide steps to isolate the cause of your concern. Once you're done troubleshooting, check the How to reset the computer to start
    normally after clean boot troubleshooting section of the link to revert your device to normal boot.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Random Windows lag after updating to version 2004

random restarts

Hi,

If a Windows computer random restarts, the device usually have some damaged system components. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps was already performed to your laptop?

In the meantime, it will be best to make sure that the latest update of Windows is installed on your device. If the same issue happens after installing Windows Update, we suggest running the power troubleshooter. To do so, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search bar at the upper-right corner, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting and then select System and Security.
    • Click on Power and then follow the prompts to successfully run the tool.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Random Windows lag after updating to version 2004

1. Random Windows lag after updating to version 2004 - Similar Threads - Random lag updating

2. Updated Windows to version 2004, now computer restarts randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updated Windows to version 2004, now computer restarts randomly: Computer worked perfectly prior to updating to 2004 update. What in the actual hell gets tested prior to releases? I've already gone back to windows 7 on two other PCs because of W10 issues; is there a fix for this one or do I need to install Windows 7? i7 7800X, 32GB RAM...
  3. Version 2004, Windows Update

Version 2004, Windows Update: I have been trying to install the 2004 Version update on my laptop. However, it takes hours for it to "prepare", and eve longer to actually "install". I have done this cycle 3 times now, but it keeps on looping. The moment it hits 100%, it just goes back to preparing and...
  4. Bluetooth audio lag after updating to Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth audio lag after updating to Windows 10 2004: I've noticed that Windows 10 2004 update brought a downside regarding audio lag sync issues between audio/video when watching videos on Windows with any bluetooth audio device. I have several bluetooth devices audio/speakers/headphones, different high-end brands bose, JBL,...
  5. windows version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows version 2004 update: After windows version 2004 update, internet is not working - tried all the trouble shooting steps but issue was persisted. Internet started to work only after reverting to previous version 1909...
  6. Windows update version 2004

Windows update version 2004: Should I do the windows 10 feature update for the version 2004 when it comes? Because I had heard that there are many bugs that may harm the pc. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-version-2004/df4ec4a5-8486-41fe-8731-750e6844b457
  7. Cortana after Windows version 2004 update

in Cortana
    Cortana after Windows version 2004 update: Before updating Cortana open apps, but after updating Cortana won't open apps. Why? In the future this will be fixed or not? Because without it Cortana really useless....
  8. BSoD after update to Version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD after update to Version 2004: I faced a BSoD problem today, 1 week after upgrading to Version 2004 feature update. The error shows VIDEO TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys failed. Here's what i have tried so far- 1.Tried rebooting several times 2. Restore to a previous setting [IMG] 3. Uninstall...
  9. 2004 Update Lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Update Lag: After getting the 2004 update, I have noticed a considerable difference in my computers performance, for example fan working harder for no reason, lag switching between windows, Netflix lagging. Has anybody else had the problem? submitted by /u/fshazm [link] [comments]...
  10. Update to Windows Version 2004?

Update to Windows Version 2004?: Should I already update to Windows version 2004 or wait a little longer? Auf Windows Version 2004 updaten?