Windows 10: Random Windows Media Player Remote Libraries

Discus and support Random Windows Media Player Remote Libraries in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I opened up Windows Media Player today to find several random remote libraries. I have an ethernet connection to a home network, no wi-fi. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Frank Moses, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Random Windows Media Player Remote Libraries

Hello! I opened up Windows Media Player today to find several random remote libraries. I have an ethernet connection to a home network, no wi-fi. I have no clue why these are here or who these people are. It really scares me! All my sharing settings are set to private, and turn off file sharing. Any help or ideas to get rid of these would be great.

:)

Frank Moses, Nov 19, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

windows media player

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

What is the exact error message you get when you to try play files on Windows Media Player?

I suggest you to run both Windows Media Player Library and Settings troubleshooter and check.

Step 1: If your computer is having problems playing video or audio files in Windows Media Player, try using the Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter checks the configuration and network settings
    for Windows Media Player to make sure that you can play content you've downloaded and saved to your computer, or content streaming over a network or the Internet.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Settings
      and follow the instructions.

Step 2: If your computer is having problems accessing your collection of digital media files in the Windows Media Player Library, try using the Windows Media Player Library troubleshooter to fix the problem. The troubleshooter makes sure
    Windows Media Player is correctly installed on your computer, and checks to see whether your Player Library is corrupted.

Steps to run Windows Media Player Settings troubleshooter are as follows:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all, and then click Windows Media Player Library
      and follow the instructions.

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Random Windows Media Player Remote Libraries

How do I restore my playlists in the Windows Media Player library

Hi,

In order for the playlist to reappear in your Window Media Player, we suggest that you add it again to your library. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Open your Window Media Player.
    • Click the Organize button, then Manage libraries.
    • On the drop-down menu, select the appropriate media (ex. Music).
    • Select the folder you want to add to your library.
    • Click Add, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Random Windows Media Player Remote Libraries

1. Random Windows Media Player Remote Libraries - Similar Threads - Random Media Player

2. Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........: This appears to be a common and ancient question which hasn't really ever been answered.How to transfer the Windows Media Player library that takes months if not weeks to update...
  3. Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring Windows Media Player Library.........: This appears to be a common and ancient question which hasn't really ever been answered.How to transfer the Windows Media Player library that takes months if not weeks to update...
  4. Windows media player folder in library limit problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media player folder in library limit problem: Hello, My name is Alex Triantafyllou and I use windows media player and in my library/music/folder i choose a folder that i would like to listen which has 5375 songs and again and again inside the folder on windows media player there is a limit to 5000 songs and i miss the...
  5. Windows Media player library is corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Media player library is corrupted: PC has a windows 10 Home installed I have updated my PC to the current versionI have updated all my relevant driver's I have reinstalled media player Numerous timesMy question: where else might the media player folder be located outside of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft since it's...
  6. Windows Media player library is corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media player library is corrupted: PC has a windows 10 Home installed I have updated my PC to the current versionI have updated all my relevant driver's I have reinstalled media player Numerous timesMy question: where else might the media player folder be located outside of %LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft since it's...
  7. Windows Media player library is corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Media Player Library

in Windows 10 Customization
    Media Player Library: My Media Play is finding incorrect information when I Rip CD's, how do I use/change to a more reliable source for this information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-library/2a6e12e5-a529-40dc-9a28-e516a076ebcd
  9. Windows Media Player Library

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Media Player Library: This has started popping up on my monitor. Never have seen it before today. Anyone else with this? [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-library/d848f55a-dc62-4cc1-94f7-c49e27f497a6"
  10. Recover music library in media player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Recover music library in media player: I reinstalled windows 10 and lost all my music in my media player library how can I get them back please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recover-music-library-in-media-player/4e9a94c1-e0c8-432d-96a1-bb3ddcae2181