Windows 10: Random wrong name attached to account!

Discus and support Random wrong name attached to account! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just created a microsoft account on a NEW laptop - my email is via yahoo and is literally my first name and last name. My email account is under MY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JadeDunlop, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Random wrong name attached to account!

I just created a microsoft account on a NEW laptop - my email is via yahoo and is literally my first name and last name. My email account is under MY name. But somehow, the account name that shows up associated with my microsoft account is my GRANDMA'S name! I have no idea how you got HER name out of my email address. I changed the name on the microsoft account online, but everything in office, onenote, login screen - still says my grandma's name! HOW?!?! How did you even do this!!! Her name is only mentioned in emails I have received!! Anyway, I am not my grandma, and would appreciate knowing how to change the name on the account.

:)

JadeDunlop, Mar 16, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 16, 2019
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Wrong name when using microsot account

Hello Kenneth,

You can update the displayed name for your Microsoft account by following the steps below:

1. Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.
    2. Under your name, select Edit name. If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    3. Enter the name you want, then choose Save. Some names may not be allowed if they contain blocked words or phrases. If you get an error when you enter your
      name, try a nickname instead.

Try restarting your Windows 10 PC and see if the updated name reflects on the device. If the issue still persists, I recommend that you change the Microsoft account to a Local User account, then connect it as a Microsoft account again. Kindly follow these
    steps:

Change your Microsoft account to Local User account in Windows 10

Kindly refer to Greg Carmack - Windows MVP's post in this link for the steps
    to change your Microsoft account to a Local User account in Windows 10.

Connect to a Microsoft Account in Windows 10

After setting up your Windows login to a Local User account, you may now connect it again as a Microsoft Account login. Refer to this wiki article created by
    Andre Da Costa for the steps on How to: connect to a Microsoft Account in
    Windows.

Let me know how it goes.

Ferdz Amp, Mar 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Random wrong name attached to account!

Account name user name

Ok, let's review.
    • Your Microsoft account aliases do not have the len address listed.
    • Your Microsoft account name online is correct.
    • You have a local account on the PC with the len address shown under "Your info".

I'm pretty sure you are signed in to an app with the len address, and is why you are seeing this.

As a test, click on the "Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically" link below to see if that may remove it.

Random wrong name attached to account! [​IMG]

Brink, Mar 16, 2019
Thema:

Random wrong name attached to account!

1. Random wrong name attached to account! - Similar Threads - Random wrong name

2. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  3. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.: I just received a new computer and when setting it up, I didn't think about and used a newer email address and name to set everything instead of my older Microsoft account. Now I can't access OneDrive under the old email address to move my files over onto this computer.How...
  4. I set up a new computer with the wrong account name.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Files wrongly named

Files wrongly named: Running W10 [Version 10.0.18363.1316] I have ripped a load of my CD's ... on a couple of them, the details are wrong ..... on every track it has wrong Name, Title, Contributing Artist, Album I assume it must have dragged down wrong entries from the on-line database. I can...
  6. Automatically generated account name is wrong person

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically generated account name is wrong person: I recently purchased a 2nd Windows 10 PC. The first Windows 10 PC I have has been continuously updated since the Windows 10 early release program. On my 1st Windows 10 PC, my wife Joanne's account was created as a local account, not associated to an e-Mail address. On the...
  7. Wrong account name when signing in

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wrong account name when signing in: I get the problems with your account notice. I click to signin. It shows a signin name that is not my current one it displays an old one and asks for a password. The password for my current account does not work, and rejects it. But I can't find a way to change the signin...
  8. Wrong Account Name in Filter contact list as well as in Contacts

Wrong Account Name in Filter contact list as well as in Contacts: I have 3 Gmail accounts me, my wife & my son in my Mail & Calendar as well as People app. My people app never shows correct account name in filter contact list as well as as when we edit / add a new contact we cant understand which account to save with. I always shows Gmail,...
  9. Wrong windows account folder name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong windows account folder name.: My windows account folder name has the last character missing! My first name is Partha. Everywhere it shows Partha in my laptop. But my windows account folder name is "parth" instead of "partha". I don't want to create a new MS account and delete my current account. I want to...
  10. User Account Folder has Wrong Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Folder has Wrong Name: Just got a new Tablet PC. As it took me through the initial setup process, it truncated my User Name to the first letter. For example, for my username I entered 'Fred' but when I hit Enter the name was shown as 'f' and no way to get back to that screen to change it. After...