Windows 10: Randomize the Windows 10 computer name

Discus and support Randomize the Windows 10 computer name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have found that my e-mail client use my computer name in sent e-mails headers so i am looking for some way to randomize my computer name without need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by postcd, Sep 16, 2020.

1. postcd Win User

Randomize the Windows 10 computer name

I have found that my e-mail client use my computer name in sent e-mails headers so i am looking for some way to randomize my computer name without need to manually change this name myself.

:)

postcd, Sep 16, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2020
  3. change windows 10 pc name

We appreciate you getting back to us. To change the cmd name, we suggest that you follow this steps:

• Open a Command Prompt (Adimin) window: Win+X, A, Alt+Y
    • Then run the following command to change your computer name to Donner: WMIC ComputerSystem where Name=COMPUTER-NAME call Rename Name=NewName
    • Reboot your PC.
    • Try to run ipconfig / all command, you should find that the Host Name in Windows IP Configuration list has been changed to the new name.

Keep us posted with the result.

Marilou Ser, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Randomize the Windows 10 computer name - Similar Threads - Randomize computer name

2. Windows 10 computer randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 computer randomly freezing: Hey team,So in the last couple of weeks my computer has randomly started freezing. It's a pretty beefy computer and I've tried a bunch of troubleshooting and still can't work it out. It doesn't seem to happen during any particular activity, even when just idle it'll do it....
  3. Windows 10 computer randomly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 computer randomly freezing: Hey team,So in the last couple of weeks my computer has randomly started freezing. It's a pretty beefy computer and I've tried a bunch of troubleshooting and still can't work it out. It doesn't seem to happen during any particular activity, even when just idle it'll do it....
  4. Windows 10 computer randomly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Name of computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Name of computer: When I originally set up my laptop I logged in with my hotmail account. I have since created a business standard account and login to my outlook etc via the apps. The problem is the computer is still attached to the hotmail account. I wish to give the laptop to a new employee...
  6. Computer name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer name: I changed the computer name on my new Dell XPS and the computer now shows that as its name, however, the old name is still showing up as a network device. Of course when you click on it, you get a not found message. How do I get rid of this?...
  7. Name the Drives on a Windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Name the Drives on a Windows 10 computer: How can I name the drives on my Windows 10 computer? 151508
  8. Computer Name

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer Name: I want to change the computer name on my PC. It is currently a name that was assigned when I installed Windows 10. I want to give it a different, more common name for use on my home network. My question is, if I change the computer name will that deactivate my Windows 10...
  9. Windows 10 Computer restarts randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Computer restarts randomly: My computer restarts randomly , it first freezes then restarts, I've had this problem ever since I upgraded to windows 10 long ago, I've tried many thing but cant seem to fix it, it happens a lot more when I log into games such as world of Warcraft, can anyone try to help me...
  10. Change Computer Name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Computer Name in Windows 10: How to: Change Computer Name in Windows 10 How to Rename your PC in Windows 10 PCs on a network need unique names so they can identify and communicate with each other. If two PCs have the same name on the same network, it creates a conflict for network communications....