Windows 10: Randomized BSODs [Playing either Games, Surfing The Web, Or Sitting]

Discus and support Randomized BSODs [Playing either Games, Surfing The Web, Or Sitting] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It has been a long trial and error methodology of trying to figure out what is the root cause but I can not do it alone. I'll give a bit of rough... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dakillapanda, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Randomized BSODs [Playing either Games, Surfing The Web, Or Sitting]

It has been a long trial and error methodology of trying to figure out what is the root cause but I can not do it alone. I'll give a bit of rough history. I decided to build a small form factor PC that can serve as not only a home media hub but one I can play games just as I would a console. With the help, majority, from my roommate we have built this thing with

MSI A88XI-AC motherboard
    AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7
    16 GB of RAM; 2 8gb sticks
    Geforce GTX 970

Shortly there after, I started getting BSODs randomly. It would never fail. I could be checking and replying to e-mails and it would crash. I could be in the middle of a game of L4D2 or Skyforge and it would crash. There is no definite amount of time either, I have received BSODs within 30 minutes of running the system to nearly 12 hours without any hiccups. The oddest thing is that I could be doing nothing and it will crash. I have done several reinstallations of Windows 10 but it simply does not help. I've tried uninstalling mal-ware (none). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling AVG (none). I've tried to maintain updated drivers and still it will crash.

I have received 2 BSODs today but sometimes I can have as many as 10 in a single day before I decide to shut it down. I've attached two photos as well just to show you examples of what I've experienced.

I hope that you might be able to help me resolve this issue or these issues because I have tried all I can think of on my end.

---
    I've recently had two BSOD's; the latest was APC_INDEX_MISMATCH.

:)

dakillapanda, Nov 14, 2015
  2. anup1973 Win User

Lumia 730 reset/ restarts automatically with or without SD card

Hi bought Nokia Lumia. 730 3,months back.it freezes,automatically restart's while surfing web,playing games.8,At the Nokia service. Centre they told it may be issue of software.so. They updated my phone..It worked smoothly for few days.But again the phone
    restarts again specially during web SURFING & during. Plays games.

anup1973, Nov 14, 2015
  3. BSOD video TDR failure (nvlddmkm.sys)

I installed Windows 10 last week (clean install). The first day it worked fine, but after that, internet usage became incredibly slow, and I started getting BSOD with the video TDR failure at random times. I wasn't playing games, but it could happen when
    surfing the Web, or reading email or working with a Word document. Sometimes the computer rebooted (presumably with this error) when I was out of the room.

Files for BSOD Video TDR Failure problem

This is a link to a One Drive folder with mini dumps, The output of MSinfo and 2 Speccy snapshots.

Help! Let me know what information is needed.

ElizabethEstep, Nov 14, 2015
  4. Randomized BSODs [Playing either Games, Surfing The Web, Or Sitting]

Today, Nov 16th, at about 3:30 I've had another BSOD crash immediately following 4 seconds into a Youtube video. This time, it was:

DPC- Watchdog Violation.

I don't know if I should keep uploading dumpfiles but here is the most recent.

dakillapanda, Nov 15, 2015
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi dakillapanda,

Please check your mainboard manufacturer, MSI, for BIOS updates.
    Unfortunately, I can't even find drivers for your mainboard, so you'll have to search for yourself.

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys 0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff801`a4160000 fffff801`a4c57000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Thu Nov 05 15:35:23 2015 (563B692B) CheckSum: 00AC334E ImageSize: 00AF7000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

6. Apologies for not replying. But, I tried to flash the Motherboard and it turned up a bad flash. My roommate couldn't even rest it so I had to submit an RMA form to MSI. Sadly, there weren't any updates beyond late last year/early this year.

Nevertheless, thank you @axe0 for helping me out. I really appreciate it. I'm going to close it as "Solved".

Again. Thank you so much!

dakillapanda, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Randomized BSODs [Playing either Games, Surfing The Web, Or Sitting]

1. Randomized BSODs [Playing either Games, Surfing The Web, Or Sitting] - Similar Threads - Randomized BSODs Playing

2. Random BSODs whilst playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs whilst playing games: For a while now, I have been receiving random blue screens whilst playing games, sometimes it would show no service exception, and other messages, I have uploaded the mini dumps, if someone could look at them it would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what im doing. I...
  3. Random BSODs whilst playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs whilst playing games: For a while now, I have been receiving random blue screens whilst playing games, sometimes it would show no service exception, and other messages, I have uploaded the mini dumps, if someone could look at them it would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what im doing. I...
  4. BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle: So its been two weeks since I built my pc, everything was working fine until last week when I got my first PC BSOD. Then it kept happening everyday so I decided to wipe clean my hard drives. I did that but still was getting BSOD, this time multiple times a day. I then updated...
  5. How to play the new Surf Game in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to play the new Surf Game in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]The all-new Microsoft Edge is not only gaining users’ attention but also making the browser most interesting. The Chromium version of Edge works just like […] This article How to play the new Surf Game in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. kernel_data_inpage_error BSOD while gaming or just web surfing

kernel_data_inpage_error BSOD while gaming or just web surfing: Good Afternoon I could use some help trouble shooting why my new Acer predator Helios 300 is blue screening or just randomly shutting down. It can be while i am gaming, temps are fine no obvious issues. Its happened while i am trying to post this with nothing running...
  7. BSOD after 20~30mins of surfing the web 0x0000001e

BSOD after 20~30mins of surfing the web 0x0000001e: So BSOD occurs after 20~30 mins from shutdown. I have reformatted my comp 3 days ago and several BSOD has occurred mostly pointing to the driver ntoskrnl.exe(use bluescreenview to see issue) but i have no idea what to do. Also, it says that my driver for Qualcomm Atheros...
  8. Random BSOD surfing/playing games. EC: 0x00000019 BAD_POOL_HEADER

Random BSOD surfing/playing games. EC: 0x00000019 BAD_POOL_HEADER: Hello guys, recently on 2 of my computers I noticed a lot of random BSOD with Error Code 0x000000019 (BAD_POOL_HEADER). I did memory check (the windows one and memtest), I used commands like: Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] or: Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  9. BSODs, Crashes, and Freezes During Gaming and Surfing the Web

BSODs, Crashes, and Freezes During Gaming and Surfing the Web: I'm so tired. For the past two years or so I've just had BSODs at random intervals in my day. Whether I'm playing a video game with my friends or by myself, whether I'm watching YouTube videos, browsing the internet or hell, sometimes waiting for my computer to get to its...
  10. Cannot surf the web!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot surf the web!: Hello! I approach you with a problem, I cannot surf the web (I've tried both chrome and edge) but I can use uTorrent to download files just fine. I formatted my pc TWICE, disabled automatic updates completely (because I thought that maybe it was a problem from an update),...