Windows 10: Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc0000005 in Event Viewer

Discus and support Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc0000005 in Event Viewer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello.. i've been trying to resolve this issue for 4 months now. I feel like i tried everything and i'm kind of losing hope. Literally anything will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Seban0, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Seban0 Win User

Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc0000005 in Event Viewer

Hello.. i've been trying to resolve this issue for 4 months now. I feel like i tried everything and i'm kind of losing hope.

Literally anything will help, please!

The crashes happen randomly only when playing games. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to crash, sometimes 6 hours, so its very difficult to test if any of your suggestions help.

I need patience and please don't leave me stranded instantly. I'll reply as quick as i can.

The error details in Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 1.465.282.0, time stamp: 0x603fef5e

Faulting module name: PartyXboxLive.dll, version: 0.1.2006.23001, time stamp: 0x5ef2d1df

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000035312

Faulting process ID: 0x11cc

Faulting application start time: 0x01d728d860d3cde1

Faulting application path: E:\Games\Forza Horizon 4 Fit-Girl\ForzaHorizon4.exe

Faulting module path: E:\Games\Forza Horizon 4 Fit-Girl\PartyXboxLive.dll

Report ID: 575cca40-3b52-407c-bcda-7563f78502ce

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I don't know if its allowed here, but my games are cracked. I'm sorry if im breaking any rules right now. Feel free to just delete this if i am. Though, i don't think this crash is caused because they are cracked.

Thank you.

:)

Seban0, Apr 4, 2021
  2. Ricko66 Win User

Random apps and games crashes with error 0xc0000005 and blue screens

Since the end of July 2019 my apps and games (including windows services) have been crashing randomly, the windows event log lists these crashes with error 0xc0000005, here's an example for the game Verdun (other apps and games crash with the same error):

Faulting application name: Verdun.exe, version: 2019.2.4.15146, time stamp: 0x5d65bc48

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00003ffca4ea3081

Faulting process ID: 0x1760

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5859441ddbe1a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\WW1GameSeries\Verdun\Verdun.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 47476bd7-22fa-4760-b22b-07598c183ba1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have also been having random blue screens with the errors PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

I have used windows Driver Verifier and I managed to get some blue screens that point to the clipsp.sys driver but I don't think the content of the blue screen contains everything meaningful.

The crashes do not seem to happen in Safe Mode.

In the past months I have tried almost everything:

• Clean boot
    • Updated windows to latest version
    • Used all tools to check integrity or corruption like sfc, chkdsk, ecc.
    • Clean reinstalled windows multiple times
    • Replaced RAM modules
    • Replaced motherboard
    The crashes still happen. Since I have no idea what is causing these crashes my next step will be replacing the CPU...

Ricko66, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Arhub Win User

Error 0xc0000005 causing crashes

Hey

Ive had this error 0xc0000005 crashing all my games before, and after trying two weeks on fixing it i gave up and bought a new gpu thinking it would fix anything. However, after working fine for a week, yet again my games are crashing and showing errorcode
    0xc0000005 in the Windows Event Viewer. Being so fed up after not having played any games for a month, I reinstalled Windows hoping for something, with no success. Can someone please help. Thanks

Arhub, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc0000005 in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Randomized crash desktops

2. Desktop Blue Screens & Random Restarts - "BugCheck" Error In Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Blue Screens & Random Restarts - "BugCheck" Error In Event Viewer: Hi all,Been having lots of strange and aggravating issues with my PC lately. It'll blue screen sometimes, it'll just randomly and unannouncedly restart itself others, and sometimes it'll work for days with no issues. I just recently reinstalled Windows 11 from scratch and...
  3. PC crash and event viewer errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash and event viewer errors: On a game I get a full freeze and feedback from my speakers, only way to reset is to press the reset button.In the event viewer I these errors at the date stamp time of the crash :-SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-BKG2VOL$ via...
  4. PC crash and event viewer errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crash and event viewer errors: On a game I get a full freeze and feedback from my speakers, only way to reset is to press the reset button.In the event viewer I these errors at the date stamp time of the crash :-SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-BKG2VOL$ via...
  5. PC crash and event viewer errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. All games randomly crashing to desktop, event viewer: ntdll.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games randomly crashing to desktop, event viewer: ntdll.dll: HiHoping for some advice.Games have started crashing to desktop at random gameplay intervals, no apparent pattern or cause. Nothing new installed. But they all have same exception code. I can't replicate it. I can play a game fine for hours one day, then the next it will...
  7. All games randomly crashing to desktop, event viewer: ntdll.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All games randomly crashing to desktop, event viewer: ntdll.dll: HiHoping for some advice.Games have started crashing to desktop at random gameplay intervals, no apparent pattern or cause. Nothing new installed. But they all have same exception code. I can't replicate it. I can play a game fine for hours one day, then the next it will...
  8. Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc0000005 in Event Viewer

Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc0000005 in Event Viewer: Hello.. i've been trying to resolve this issue for 4 months now. I feel like i tried everything and i'm kind of losing hope. Literally anything will help, please! The crashes happen randomly only when playing games. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to crash, sometimes 6...
  9. Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc000005 in Event Viewer

Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc000005 in Event Viewer: Hello.. i've been trying to resolve this issue for 4 months now. I feel like i tried everything and i'm kind of loosing hope. Literally anything will help, please! The crashes happen randomly only when playing games. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to crash, sometimes 6...
  10. Question Random crashes to desktop - 0xc0000005 - Nothing is helping

Question Random crashes to desktop - 0xc0000005 - Nothing is helping: Whenever I'm using an application, this could be a game like Rocket League, Valorant, or a program like Twitter, Edge, Discord etc., I get these random crashes to desktop. I have no clue what triggers them. It can happen 5 minutes after launch, or it can go fine for 2 hours,...