Windows 10: Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.

Discus and support Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Out of the blue the other day, all full screen games decided to start minimizing every few seconds. I can switch to windowed or borderless windowed,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aggressive_Champion, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.

Out of the blue the other day, all full screen games decided to start minimizing every few seconds. I can switch to windowed or borderless windowed, but those are unnacceptable fixes for me as performance suffers a bunch.

I have tried re-installing games, disabling overlays, disabling windows notifications, updating graphics card firmware, updating windows, so on and so forth.

If anybody has some insight I would greatly appreciate it.

submitted by /u/Aggressive_Champion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aggressive_Champion, Feb 19, 2021

2. Games minimizing randomly

Yes it happens while I am playing and minimizes my game however when I am not playing there is occasionally something that pops up for a split second and I am not able to see what it is. I think this is is what is causing it to minimize.

The only thing I can think of is I installed the Nvidia driver software called GeForce Experience and updated a driver.

Yes it happens to any game played in fullscreen.

Johnson Lin_956, Feb 19, 2021
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Prevent Fullscreen games from minimizing?

I've been playing an ARPG called Path of Exile lately, and the game seems to run way smooth in Fullscreen mode than it does in Windowed Fullscreen. The only problem I have is if a window pops up outside of the game, it'll minimize the game and pull me out of it. Since I'm playing a hardcore character, this is potentially deadly and a situation I'm looking to avoid. Is there any way possible to prevent another window from taking focus and minimizing another program like the game I'm trying to play?

CK011885, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Cerawy Win User

Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.

Some issues with minimizing and maximizing games

Im trying the focus assist option right now, i will get back with the results.

Alright, so turning focus assist off seems to have reduced the time it takes for my games to minimize and maximize, but i still get the annoying messagebox in the top left corner of the screen. I would also like if all my games would minimize and maximize instantly, but its a step in the right direction.

Also, my games are running in exclusive fullscreen mode.

Cerawy, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.

1. Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly. - Similar Threads - Randomly fullscreen games

2. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: All games and applications with Fullscreen mode minimize automatically and frequently during use. I have tried numerous fixes from turning game mode off to changing registry settings. My graphics drivers and windows version are up to date. Apps are required to be ran in...
  3. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: All games and applications with Fullscreen mode minimize automatically and frequently during use. I have tried numerous fixes from turning game mode off to changing registry settings. My graphics drivers and windows version are up to date. Apps are required to be ran in...
  4. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: I have windows 11 22H2 KB5029351. It seems since a recent update, all my Fullscreen games are being automatically minimized at least every 10 seconds. I have tried a myriad of fixes, all to no avail. From updating graphics drivers, to changing windows settings. Any help is...
  5. Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen apps minimize automatically.: I have windows 11 22H2 KB5029351. It seems since a recent update, all my Fullscreen games are being automatically minimized at least every 10 seconds. I have tried a myriad of fixes, all to no avail. From updating graphics drivers, to changing windows settings. Any help is...
  6. Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to force minimize a fullscreen game?: Sometimes when I play a fullscreen game,then I just want to minimize it to do something else shortly. Win+D doesn't work for every game,sometimes it just freezes the game. I also tried borderless gaming so that I can make all fullscreen games borderless windowed so that I...
  7. Games minimize when fullscreen?

Games minimize when fullscreen?: I reloaded Windows a few months ago, and since then my games that start up fullscreen (or any game I turn on fullscreen) just outright minimize and it seems like it refreshes my desktop. I've tried reloading windows completely with a fresh install, removing all files and...
  8. Windows instantly and constantly minimizes my fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows instantly and constantly minimizes my fullscreen games: Whenever i launch csgo or call of duty warzone, the application is minimized after it loads and whenever i try to maximize it, it doesn't work it "tries" for a second and goes back....
  9. Games randomly minimizing

Games randomly minimizing: Recently, over the past week, games randomly minimize to desktop. I added a custom resolution and think it may be causing issues somehow, even though it should only effect the games that use that resolution. I have gamemode turned off, and im not sure what to do. Any advice...
  10. Games minimizing at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games minimizing at random: Hello. I have an issue that while playing any game in full screen it minimizes without crashing (most of the time). I have seen several posts in various places about this after googling it but i have not found a solution to the problem. Most of them suggest disabling an...