Windows 10: Randomly BSOD after change MOBO

Discus and support Randomly BSOD after change MOBO in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, how are you doing? I'm facing a problem that's driving me crazy. 2 weeks before I've replaced my old MOBO(ASRock A320M-HD) that becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JLealNeves, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Randomly BSOD after change MOBO

Hi guys, how are you doing?

I'm facing a problem that's driving me crazy. 2 weeks before I've replaced my old MOBO(ASRock A320M-HD) that becomes intermittent and sometimes power on, sometimes don't, to a new MOBO(ASUS A320K/BR).

My specs are:
    Ryzen 3 2200G @3.5Ghz stock
    2x8Gb HyperX 2440Mhz CL15
    A320M K/BR
    Gigabyte RX570 4GB
    A400 Kingston 240GB
    Evga 600W plus

Following all the best practices I notice to remove the older thermal paste and change to a new one, clean my memory, clean my vga and change the SATA cables of my SDD and HD. I formatted the whole system with a fresh install with a ISO downloaded from Microsoft's website and 'burned it' in my pendrive via RUFUS.

A primeira constatação foi que eu já recebi uma tela azul na tela de instalação do Windows, logo após ele expandir os arquivos do Windows e instalar os drivers automaticamente. Segui em diante com a instalação e após o sistema iniciar continuou a dar BSOD aleatóriamente com erros aleatórios.
    The first thing that happened with the system was when the Windows is installing the default drivers, a BSOD appeared, system restarted and the installation continued, however my system is getting random BSOD even when i'm not using the computer.

Coisas que eu já fiz até aqui que não surtiram efeito:
    • Things that I've done that do not worked at all:
    • I performed the memtest64 over 1h to find a possible issue my RAM, but luckily did not find a single one;
    • I performed the sfc /scannow in safe mode, the sfc found errors and when I tried to fix with dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth the system cannot fix the errors and the sfc continues to tell there is a problem;
    • Installed driver by driver directly from my MOBO manufacturer, starting by lan driver, chipset driver, audio driver and vga, with every drivers up to date, the BSOD still to appear;
    • Did a new fresh Windows installation with a different release to certify that is not a corrupt installation, bug or something, the BSOD still appear;
    • Disable the Fast Boot and activate the Secure Boot;
    • Lastly I update my BIOS to final release to certify that is not a problem and the errors still appearing.
    Can someone guide me to another solution that I might be forgot in the process to fix? To be honest I can't think in another things to try to fix this. Is it might be a problem with the MOBO? Or BSOD is only caused by fault drivers and etc?

Thank you very much!

:)

JLealNeves, Jul 30, 2019
  2. bbmarley Win User

BSOD randomly

friend keeps getting BSOD
    any suggestions?

Randomly BSOD after change MOBO [​IMG]

bbmarley, Jul 30, 2019
  3. ElderJohn Win User
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Jul 30, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Randomly BSOD after change MOBO

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

Randomly BSOD after change MOBO

1. Randomly BSOD after change MOBO - Similar Threads - Randomly BSOD change

2. Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade: Hello,I know it is recommended to do a clean install after a complete platform upgrade, but i would rather not do that at this moment in time.I recently upgraded my pc from a Ryzen 5 5600x, 32gb 2666mhz ddr4 and an asus ROG motherboard, to a Ryzen 9 7900, 32gb 5600mhz ddr5...
  3. Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD after CPU/mobo/ram upgrade: Hello,I know it is recommended to do a clean install after a complete platform upgrade, but i would rather not do that at this moment in time.I recently upgraded my pc from a Ryzen 5 5600x, 32gb 2666mhz ddr4 and an asus ROG motherboard, to a Ryzen 9 7900, 32gb 5600mhz ddr5...
  4. Cant reactivate windows after mobo change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cant reactivate windows after mobo change: i changed mobos recently and cant reactivate windows. i tried all the troubleshooting techniques online and these forums. i dont have the option to see what product key is tied to my account. im not sure if my digital key is tied to my ms account. i purchased win10 from ms...
  5. Windows won't activate after MoBo change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't activate after MoBo change: I need to reactivate Windows after I changed MoBo and CPU. I get the below message when trying the troubleshooter. Please help as I should not need to buy another license when it was fine prior to the change....
  6. Windows reactivation after mobo change

Windows reactivation after mobo change: Hello, I had a Windows 10 Pro licence before, but the mobo stopped functioning. I've changed my mobo and also the processor. It wants me to reactivate the Windows but it won't recognize the older key. Is there a way to transfer the key from the malfunctioning mobo to the new...
  7. Windows 10 activation after mobo change

Windows 10 activation after mobo change: Hi! I recently change my mobo and since then naturally windows is telling me to activate. mobo was completely bricked I do have my product license key and have tried entering it, tried running troubleshooting50+ times probably by now I have when i enter the license key i...
  8. Windows activation after mobo and cpu change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows activation after mobo and cpu change: Hello, I've recently replaced my mobo and cpu and now my Windows 10 is not activated. Before the hardware upgrade I'd checked the activation was linked to my Windows account and I'm signed in on that same account post-upgrade but the troubleshooter isn't working. When I...
  9. Re-Activation of windows after mobo change

Re-Activation of windows after mobo change: So I changed my mobo and cpu, before I connected the licence for windows 10 pro to my Microsoft account, but now it says that im already logged in and can't recover my licence...
  10. Windows Activation after mobo change

Windows Activation after mobo change: Hi I have a legitimate version of Windows that I got many years ago as Windows 7. I have since upgraded this to Windows 10 and no longer have the CD with my product key stated on it - as I assumed my license was tied to my digital account. I have recently upgraded my mobo...