Windows 10: Randomly can't connect to remote desktop

Discus and support Randomly can't connect to remote desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I set up remote desktop and quickly got everything working, I am hosting a discord bot server from the pc. However, randomly I cannot connect to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ComicallyBad, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Randomly can't connect to remote desktop

I set up remote desktop and quickly got everything working, I am hosting a discord bot server from the pc. However, randomly I cannot connect to the remote pc! I get the "You cannot connect to the remote desktop for one of these reasons" error. What is strange is the discord bot still is running and completely functional. I have tried everything from disabling firewall, opening the remote desktop port 3389, setting the service to always run, changing inbound rules and outbound rules for remote desktop, and I still cannot connect. Yes after restarting the computer I can connect again. But this needs to be a 24/7 server that I can connect to and make live changes when needed. After restarting the computer I can remote into it right after, up until about 12 hours of it running, sometimes a day. Then I cannot connect. It sees the computer as if I input a wrong IP, I get an entirely different error code through remote desktop saying the PC isn't found or doesn't exist. I have also set the computer to never sleep, the screen to never shut off, I have even gone in and made sure the hard drive never stops and it runs 24/7. I also have changed remote desktop settings to disable persistent bitmap caching, and disable reconnect if the connection is dropped, along with High color 16 bit setting. I still am having this issue and I have gone through 20 threads now trying different solutions with no luck. I just restarted to PC as I had changes that needed to be made, so for another 12 hours to a day I can test out solutions given. This just seems like a very strange issue as the pc isn't losing internet, the bot still runs, I just cannot connect to it.

:)

ComicallyBad, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Randomly can't connect to remote desktop

how do I delete a desktop off remote desktop connection?

Hi,

To disable Remote Desktop Connection, please follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, search for SystemPropertiesRemote.exe
      and hit Enter to open the Remote tab of the
      System Properties options. Type in the password if prompted.
    • Under Remote Desktop, you will see three options:

• Don’t allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow remote connections to this computer

• Allow connections only from computers running Remote Desktop with Network Level Authentication (recommended)
    • Select the desired option, and click on Apply, and then
      OK
      to save the settings.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Randomly can't connect to remote desktop

1. Randomly can't connect to remote desktop - Similar Threads - Randomly can't connect

2. Remote Desktop Can't Connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop Can't Connect: Hi Guys, Having trouble connecting a Windows 7 Laptop to a Windows 10 Desktop via remote desktop. Both are on the same network. The usual has been done already i.e. Enable Remote Desktop, Allow Remote Desktop through a Firewall etc. On Windows 7 Laptop's Remote Desktop...
  3. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  4. Remote Desktop Connection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop Connection: When I try to connect to a remote server, the RDC doesn't display the existing session. Instead it opens a new session. How do I make it to display the sessions that already exist on the server?...
  5. remote desktop connection can't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    remote desktop connection can't open: remote desktop connection can't open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-desktop-connection-cant-open/4d7feab4-2f9e-4135-a07e-aa095c3482fc
  6. Connecting to Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting to Remote Desktop: I failed to connect my PC to the remote desktop because of the error: ‘Your computer could not connect to another console session on the remote computer because you already have a session in progress.’ What is your idea?...
  7. Can't connect to remote desktop

Can't connect to remote desktop: I can't seem to connect to my remote desktop from college as it keeps asking me to 'Enter my credentials' multiple times even when I did enter it, it asks me again. So I don't if its a hardware or software problem would appreciate it if anyone can reply if they know whats...
  8. Can't connect with Remote Desktop

Can't connect with Remote Desktop: Hay everyone, I am having an issue with Remote Desktop. It works fine locally but i can't get a connection remotely. Here is the message it am getting. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Here are some of the settings on system i am trying to remote into. [ATTACH] Some things i have...
  9. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: If remote computer has user password all works well,but if no user password can't log on. In windows 7 this was not a problem,is there a work around so if two windows10 computers have no user passwords you can connect?. This is on a private home network. Don't want to use...
  10. Remote Desktop Connection

Remote Desktop Connection: Will Microsoft ever give us a option to log onto another home network computer without it having a password? Seems like if on a home network we should be able to do it,just give us a option Please. Remote Desktop Connection works well if password is on the remote...