Windows 10: Randomly changing into task mode

Discus and support Randomly changing into task mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since the latest software update my surface pro 3 randomly enters task view. I've disabled tablet mode in settings and I had an external mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Interossiter, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Randomly changing into task mode

Ever since the latest software update my surface pro 3 randomly enters task view. I've disabled tablet mode in settings and I had an external mouse attached which I've removed neither of which have helped. I do have a surface keyboard attached and a harddrive in the USB port. Both of which I need for work.

***Moved From: Windows 10/Performance & system failures***

:)

Interossiter, Jul 1, 2019

2. Task Switcher randomly gets stuck cycling windows

Good morning!

I am having an issue with the Task Switcher (see image below) activating on its own. It then begins to cycle through the open tasks very rapidly. When this happens I am unable to actually select any of the tasks, nor can I close them out. Windows is essentially frozen at this point and I have to restart.

A few things to note:

• I am running Windows 10 Pro.
    • This happens randomly, sometimes weeks between an incident.
    • Sometimes it happens while I am not even working at the computer. I've noticed it after returning to my desk.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Randomly changing into task mode [​IMG]

Konkey Dong, Jul 1, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 1, 2019
  4. Randomly changing into task mode

Task view in windows 10

Hello ReinaldoEspinosa

i suggest to Follow the below steps:

To start your system in safe mode with Networking, follow the below steps:

Press and hold Shift key and restart your Computer.

Select Troubleshoot.

Select Advance Option.

Select Startup Settings.

Follow the on Screen instruction.

Select Safe mode with Networking, from the list of options

Also you can to restart Windows Explorer

Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete from you Keyboard.

Then click on Task Manager.

Now find Windows Explorer from process list of windows task manager.

Right click on Windows Explorer & select restart.

Let me know if it works or you need further assistance.

Regards

MarcosAraujo2, Jul 1, 2019
Thema:

Randomly changing into task mode

1. Randomly changing into task mode - Similar Threads - Randomly changing task

2. Task scheduler is not running randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler is not running randomly: Hi, I had set up jobs in Task Scheduler in my computer but part of them are not running up as scheduled time. What's the reason to lead this issue? What if I had set up too many jobs in Task Scheulder? Is Window version too old be the reason?...
  3. Task scheduler is not running randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task scheduler is not running randomly: Hi, I had set up jobs in Task Scheduler in my computer but part of them are not running up as scheduled time. What's the reason to lead this issue? What if I had set up too many jobs in Task Scheulder? Is Window version too old be the reason?...
  4. Task scheduler is not running randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to change the color of the task bar without selecting DARK mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the color of the task bar without selecting DARK mode?: How do I change the color of the task bar to dark without selecting DARK mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-color-of-the-task-bar-without/ce81744e-4086-41fe-8d01-2d6de20cb67c
  6. How to change the color of the task bar without selecting DARK mode?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change the color of the task bar without selecting DARK mode?: How do I change the color of the task bar to dark without selecting DARK mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-color-of-the-task-bar-without/ce81744e-4086-41fe-8d01-2d6de20cb67c
  7. Task Manager icons changing every day or two (seemingly random)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager icons changing every day or two (seemingly random): So I've been noticing that when I hit the Windows key and search for the Task Manager (I do this a couple times per day, guess I'm paranoid lol), I've noticed that every two days or so, it switches from a black outline/minimalist icon to the older-looking 3D graphic of a grey...
  8. Random tasks "crashing"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random tasks "crashing": Ive been having this weird problem recently where whenever i open certain apps, they crash after a couple seconds, and i get the blue circle showing that somethings happening in the background. All my games work fine, most apps work fine aswell. This happens whenever i open...
  9. Randomly changing into task mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomly changing into task mode: Ever since the latest software update my surface pro 3 randomly enters task view. I've disabled tablet mode in settings and I had an external mouse attached which I've removed neither of which have helped. I do have a surface keyboard attached and a harddrive in the USB...
  10. Windows randomly changing display project modes

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows randomly changing display project modes: Hi, Pretty much since I installed Windows 10 a few years ago, I've had this odd problem that is from what I can tell, completely random. I use three main monitors that use the Extended profile when viewing (Win+P) I then switch to Second Screen Only which is my TV. It works...