Windows 10: Randomly Changing Wallpapers on Windows Spotlight and Background

Discus and support Randomly Changing Wallpapers on Windows Spotlight and Background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I just recently had this issue and it is still going on. A while back (I think it was after a windows update), I noticed that my lock screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by XinjieHuang, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Randomly Changing Wallpapers on Windows Spotlight and Background

Hi, I just recently had this issue and it is still going on. A while back (I think it was after a windows update), I noticed that my lock screen changed from the usual windows spotlight to a black and white picture of four random guys (possibly from the 1900s? I don't really know). I was of course, puzzled by this. I thought maybe it was just a weird thing they had in the windows update, so I ignored it. Of course, I changed my wallpaper back to my original. Once I opened my computer again however, it changed back to the black and white picture. I searched online for others who may have been experiencing this, but it seems like no one has. Today, I noticed that ANOTHER black and white picture was added to my background pictures, this time of a random lady (also from the 1900s I assume). I am really freaked out by this and have no idea why this is happening. I usually run wallpaper engine so I don't notice, but I shut it off today and noticed that the new picture of the lady was set as my wallpaper. Here is a screenshot below.

Randomly Changing Wallpapers on Windows Spotlight and Background 7ad60a29-26a0-4da4-97a2-67c23582ae7c?upload=true.png

See the lady and the four guys earlier I was talking about. Previously I changed the background mode from picture to spotlight, but it changed itself back. I have no idea how to delete these images either. Of course, I suspected I had a virus or something, but after running a full scan nothing turned up. Recently I downloaded a video editing software (from a reliable source), and it came bundled with a bunch of extra software like Chromium that I didn't want. I deleted it and everything else, but maybe this is what is causing this? I have no idea why this is happening. I have not tried to reset the images yet, so maybe that will work if nothing else. Again, these images just added themselves to the background pictures list, I never added them. Does anyone know what is going on here? Serious responses only, thank you.

:)

XinjieHuang, Mar 18, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Windows Spotlight stopped changing images

Hello,

To address your concern with Windows Spotlight, we suggest that you follow the suggestion of
    Michael Metz on this link
    for possible troubleshooting steps.

Get us back with the update.

Marvin Barc, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Randomly Changing Wallpapers on Windows Spotlight and Background

Lockscreen wallpaper (windows spotlight) on desktop

The question was clearly mentioned on how to set Windows Spotlight wallpapers as desktop wallpapers. Please understand the question before answering!

Kiran Vaidyanathan, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Randomly Changing Wallpapers on Windows Spotlight and Background

1. Randomly Changing Wallpapers on Windows Spotlight and Background - Similar Threads - Randomly Changing Wallpapers

2. finding spotlight wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    finding spotlight wallpaper: hi...could anyone help my find this wallpaper....i have a blurry messy picture of it. if you can find the wallpaper it self so please help! thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-spotlight-wallpaper/7203b82d-104e-4464-902f-78d491ec1fcc
  3. Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random...: My Lock Screen Background Setting is Automatically Changed from "Windows Spotlight" to "Picture". And the same picture keeps appearing first in the list of pictures. And the picture shown is a picture of a celebrity that I did not download or recall ever seeing as I do not...
  4. Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random...: My Lock Screen Background Setting is Automatically Changed from "Windows Spotlight" to "Picture". And the same picture keeps appearing first in the list of pictures. And the picture shown is a picture of a celebrity that I did not download or recall ever seeing as I do not...
  5. Lock Screen Background Changing From Windows Spotlight to Picture and showing a Random...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Background wallpapers on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Background wallpapers on Windows: When I set my background wallpapers to slideshow, it runs normally, but I don't really want it executing slides when I am not using the PC, and in power options and settings, you can only activate, deactivate and change your options, don't set when you want to suspend your...
  7. My Wallpaper Randomly Changes

My Wallpaper Randomly Changes: My wallpaper randomly changes to images I've never seen! Slideshow is off, as well as sync. I also went into power and made it so slideshow was off on there as well. It will only change once though. It will never change the windows wallpaper, only the wallpaper I want to set...
  8. windows spotlight wallpaper to home screen background

windows spotlight wallpaper to home screen background: Can I set windows spotlight wallpaper into desktop background of windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-wallpaper-to-home-screen/b5c460b8-0fa9-4a2f-9ff6-6c4131c85c37
  9. Windows Spotlight doesn't change wallpaper

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight doesn't change wallpaper: Hello. I have problem with my Windows 10 Lenovo Laptop. When i remove my password Windows Spotlight option is working fine, BUT when i add the password the wallpaper doesn't change. I'm just thinking all the time ''wat is wrong'' because i very need password but then i don't...
  10. Windows 10 Spotlight Wallpaper is not changing

Windows 10 Spotlight Wallpaper is not changing: So I've been having this trouble for a while with windows spotlight. I select it as my lock screen but the wallpaper never changes, and when I go to change it again, it's on picture instead of spotlight. However, my brother who also has a profile on this computer, his windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random windows desktop backgrounds