Windows 10: Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

Discus and support Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have tried doing fresh installs of Windows 10 multiple times but I always face this issue where items in the start menu and/or taskbar jump lists... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sabaatworld, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

I have tried doing fresh installs of Windows 10 multiple times but I always face this issue where items in the start menu and/or taskbar jump lists disappear randomly. I am attaching a screenshot for this. This also happens when after I close any game (Eg. Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider etc).

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons [​IMG]

The icons, though invisible are still working if I move my cursor over them and click them. Restarting explorer.exe fixed the problem temporarily.

:)

sabaatworld, Feb 7, 2017

2. Taskbar is missing

Yesterday, I was using the computer and randomly the taskbar and start menu button disappeared on me. The start menu still works but the taskbar and menu button are gone. please help me?

SpencerRoseborough, Feb 7, 2017
  3. alkorsi Win User
    Windows Phone 6.5: randomly my e-mail taskbar icon disappears quickly from the taskbar if I get a new mail and I cannot find out why?! May I kindly ask you to help? Thanks. alkorsi

Windows Phone 6.5: randomly my e-mail taskbar icon disappears quickly from the taskbar if I get a new mail and I cannot find out why?! May I kindly ask you to help? Thanks.

alkorsi, Feb 7, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

Hi sabaatworld and welcome to Ten forums!

Can you give us some more information.

You mentioned fresh install. Always from same source? Is media OK?
    Did you try to clean jump lists, icon cache etc...

Picture shows icons are there, but no text. Is info behind still there? Hoover mouse pointer over icon with empty text box (not pinned, below in list) to see if text - path info shows..

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons [​IMG]

AndreTen, Feb 7, 2017
Thema:

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

1. Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons - Similar Threads - Randomly disappearing taskbar

2. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly: Hello, I've been encountering an issue where icons on my Windows 10 taskbar disappear randomly. It's quite frustrating as I rely on quick access to these applications. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and unpinning and pinning the icons again, but the problem persists....
  3. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly: Hello, I've been encountering an issue where icons on my Windows 10 taskbar disappear randomly. It's quite frustrating as I rely on quick access to these applications. I've tried restarting Windows Explorer and unpinning and pinning the icons again, but the problem persists....
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar Icons Disappearing Randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  6. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  7. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  8. Taskbar Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Disappearing: [IMG] Sometimes my taskbar icons disappear. They still work and if I hover the mouse over a blank spot the name of the app appears. I can click and use the apps just fine. I just don't know why they go away....
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar icons disappearing at random

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar icons disappearing at random: After revealing the task bar from auto-hide, most of the task bar will be blank save for a line and the start button. None of the icons including open applications or status icons appear. They usually reappear after re-positioning the task bar or typing in start's search....
  10. Taskbar Icons Disappear at Start-Up or Re-Start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar Icons Disappear at Start-Up or Re-Start: Hi, The program icons all disappear from the task-bar when I start or restart in Windows 10. But, if I right-click on the task-bar and select: Task Manager > Windows Explorer (right-click) > restart, I get all my icons back until my next start-up or restart and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar randomly disappears

2. taskbar randomly disappears windows 7