Windows 10: Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

Discus and support Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have tried doing fresh installs of Windows 10 multiple times but I always face this issue where items in the start menu and/or taskbar jump lists... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sabaatworld, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

I have tried doing fresh installs of Windows 10 multiple times but I always face this issue where items in the start menu and/or taskbar jump lists disappear randomly. I am attaching a screenshot for this. This also happens when after I close any game (Eg. Battlefield 4, Tomb Raider etc).

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons [​IMG]

The icons, though invisible are still working if I move my cursor over them and click them. Restarting explorer.exe fixed the problem temporarily.

:)

sabaatworld, Feb 7, 2017

2. Taskbar is missing

Yesterday, I was using the computer and randomly the taskbar and start menu button disappeared on me. The start menu still works but the taskbar and menu button are gone. please help me?

SpencerRoseborough, Feb 7, 2017
  3. alkorsi Win User
    Windows Phone 6.5: randomly my e-mail taskbar icon disappears quickly from the taskbar if I get a new mail and I cannot find out why?! May I kindly ask you to help? Thanks. alkorsi

Windows Phone 6.5: randomly my e-mail taskbar icon disappears quickly from the taskbar if I get a new mail and I cannot find out why?! May I kindly ask you to help? Thanks.

alkorsi, Feb 7, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

Hi sabaatworld and welcome to Ten forums!

Can you give us some more information.

You mentioned fresh install. Always from same source? Is media OK?
    Did you try to clean jump lists, icon cache etc...

Picture shows icons are there, but no text. Is info behind still there? Hoover mouse pointer over icon with empty text box (not pinned, below in list) to see if text - path info shows..

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons [​IMG]

AndreTen, Feb 7, 2017
Thema:

Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons

1. Randomly disappearing taskbar and start icons - Similar Threads - Randomly disappearing taskbar

2. Disappearing system icons, taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disappearing system icons, taskbar: SYSTEM ICONS A big problem I am having with Windows 10 right now, is the system icons in the lower right corner, that seem to be disappearing. The key controls are, the power, sound, and wi-fi indicators. It's now Summer 2019, and I have written to support forums, several...
  3. Start menu does not pop up and taskbar icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Start menu does not pop up and taskbar icons disappeared: Hello My system was ok until I closed the black screen during the installation of recommended driver on the website of dell support. I dont remember the name of the driver but I do know that it had the words Intel and Wifi plus it had a long set of numbers and the file size...
  4. Windows 10 Taskbar icons disappearing at random

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Taskbar icons disappearing at random: After revealing the task bar from auto-hide, most of the task bar will be blank save for a line and the start button. None of the icons including open applications or status icons appear. They usually reappear after re-positioning the task bar or typing in start's search....
  5. Desktop Icons Disappeared and Taskbar Icons Changed

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons Disappeared and Taskbar Icons Changed: I have a laptop with a 4k 17.3" display. When set to native resolution, 3840x2160, some programs do not display their dialog boxes and menus in usable form. In an attempt to correct this I have tried setting the display resolution to 1920x1080. Then setting the magnification...
  6. speaker icon disappears on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    speaker icon disappears on taskbar: Hi, i notice that the speaker icon on my taskbar disappears. my display setting is set to 1360 x 768 (recommended), speaker setting is turn on. if i set the display setting other than recommended the speaker icon reappears. how can i have the speaker icon stay on the...
  7. Taskbar Icons Disappear at Start-Up or Re-Start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Taskbar Icons Disappear at Start-Up or Re-Start: Hi, The program icons all disappear from the task-bar when I start or restart in Windows 10. But, if I right-click on the task-bar and select: Task Manager > Windows Explorer (right-click) > restart, I get all my icons back until my next start-up or restart and then...
  8. Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing: I keep getting this blank document icon instead of the correct icon in Windows 10 Pro. It does happen with a few different apps but it's almost exclusively Adobe programs. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks. [img] 51212
  9. Taskbar shortcut icons disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shortcut icons disappeared: After checking and configuring my router I went to the regular desktop view which is plain and looks like Win7 Only the quick access, internet icon, notices, lanquage and clock icons were visible. I had created a new toolbar which referenced the start menu in Windows...
  10. Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Disappeared: Back in November of 2015 I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I run a two monitor setup. The taskbar icons used to appear on both of my monitors, but now only appear on my secondary. I've tried the option to have taskbar icons appear on all monitors. Doesn't work. I should add...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taskbar randomly disappears windows 7