Windows 10: Randomly get asked for my microsoft password when opening programs on win10

Discus and support Randomly get asked for my microsoft password when opening programs on win10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 on a desktop. In the last few months, it has started popping up a dialog saying that my credentials are incorrect and I need to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ChristySmith3, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Randomly get asked for my microsoft password when opening programs on win10

I'm using windows 10 on a desktop. In the last few months, it has started popping up a dialog saying that my credentials are incorrect and I need to inter my microsoft password. However, if I simply alt tab away or escape out of the dialog I can continue with what I was doing. I thought perhaps it was some kind of virus, but defender isn't finding anything. This happens when I go to open programs such as notepad, firefox etc, but not always. I usually open programs from the search feature, not sure if that's related or not. I tried a google search, but none of what I found described my situation exactly. My husband said he had the same issue but hasn't seen it since refreshing windows. I really don't want to do that if I can help it. Any hints?

:)

ChristySmith3, Dec 8, 2018
  2. Shoshi Win User

Admin password unknown and missing files after upload

Ok, I know these questions have been asked, but I have tried everything I can understand.
    Need to be spoken like a noob - step by step please.
    Win10 put on my system everything initially fine, then discovered files missing - tried to install a recover program to be frustrated by a prompt to input an admin password with User [USER-PC\USER]
    I have tried every password ever used.
    I have tried going to cmd prompt
    I cant install anything to circumnavigate because I cant get past this dialogue.

any suggests?

Shoshi, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 asks for password completely randomly

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Have you installed all the drivers after upgrading to Windows 10?

If not then, I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer website and download all the drivers. Also, check if the same issue occurs if you use the password. Please check if there are any pending Windows updates and install them as well.

You may also run the in-built troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all.

• Choose Power.

• Follow the on screen steps.
    Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Randomly get asked for my microsoft password when opening programs on win10

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Randomly get asked for my microsoft password when opening programs on win10

1. Randomly get asked for my microsoft password when opening programs on win10 - Similar Threads - Randomly asked microsoft

2. in startup in win10 when asked password no entry window appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    in startup in win10 when asked password no entry window appears: wen i go to win10 on startup in page wher password is expected the window for the password is not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-startup-in-win10-when-asked-password-no-entry/1bf39633-1446-4b8e-923c-1299d07a0c3c
  3. in startup in win10 when asked password no entry window appears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    in startup in win10 when asked password no entry window appears: wen i go to win10 on startup in page wher password is expected the window for the password is not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-startup-in-win10-when-asked-password-no-entry/1bf39633-1446-4b8e-923c-1299d07a0c3c
  4. in startup in win10 when asked password no entry window appears

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Programs randomly opens

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Programs randomly opens: In this past week programs have randomly been opening and reopening out of no where, I ran a windows security full scan and it found nothing, deleted all files I had downloaded that week and it still happened, anyone know what the issue can be?[Original Title: Windows Issue]...
  6. Microsoft keep asking for my password

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft keep asking for my password: Microsoft keep asking for my password. Even after I put my password this keeps popping up. How do I resolve it. I already turned off logging in requirement on my settings....
  7. Microsoft keep asking for my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft keep asking for my password: Microsoft keep asking for my password. Even after I put my password this keeps popping up. How do I resolve it. I already turned off logging in requirement on my settings....
  8. Microsoft keep asking for my password

9. Programs opening randomly.

Programs opening randomly.: Hey! I'm new here and tried to research this before coming here. My Windows 10 Home laptop has been randomly opening apps , oddly enough. It isn't really any of the pre-installed apps. Its mostly Discord or Skype (which I use often and randomly closes for unknown reasons.)...
  10. Random programs will open without being asked

in Windows 10 Support
    Random programs will open without being asked: Hello, I am asking for my younger brother, but his AlienWare has a problem with opening random programs, killing his processing power. Furthermore, he has 684 GB of memory, and it is getting used up by something we can't find in his files. Is there a command line we can use...