Windows 10: Randomly getting bluescreens and freezes

Discus and support Randomly getting bluescreens and freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ever since I've bought this new computer I've been getting the following errors: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION, WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE_ERROR, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GT ~77, Mar 27, 2020.

1. GT ~77 Win User

Randomly getting bluescreens and freezes

Ever since I've bought this new computer I've been getting the following errors: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION, WHEA_UNCONTROLLABLE_ERROR, and DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I've also been getting random freezes which don't even lead to a BSOD.

These errors are slowly becoming more and more common as time goes on.

Here are all the .dmp files in my C:/Windows/minidump folder.

I want to know what exactly is causing these errors and what should be my course of action, considering that my PC is on warranty and that most computer repairers tend to make quick stupid assumptions which fix nothing.

:)

GT ~77, Mar 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Mar 27, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Mar 27, 2020
  4. Randomly getting bluescreens and freezes

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

Randomly getting bluescreens and freezes

1. Randomly getting bluescreens and freezes - Similar Threads - Randomly getting bluescreens

2. Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen: Hi!My PC keeps freezing/ being stuck at whatever task it's on at random times No bluescreen, crashing or restarting. I have reinstalled all the drivers multiple times and it also has healthy temps. Here are my specsCPU - Ryzen 7 5800XGPU - EVGA Geforce RTX 3080Motherboard -...
  3. Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing at random times. No bluescreen: Hi!My PC keeps freezing/ being stuck at whatever task it's on at random times No bluescreen, crashing or restarting. I have reinstalled all the drivers multiple times and it also has healthy temps. Here are my specsCPU - Ryzen 7 5800XGPU - EVGA Geforce RTX 3080Motherboard -...
  4. Getting random restarts/freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting random restarts/freezes: Hi there,I have changed my CPU almost 2 months agohad been running a Ryzen 7 3700x for over 2 years, and slowly but surely my PC got into restarts and freezes everyday.They occur randomly, system can run from 10 mins to 4 hours until it happens.Reinstalled OS from scratch on...
  5. System Randomly Freezes and Bluescreens - Code 1000007e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Randomly Freezes and Bluescreens - Code 1000007e: Hello, I purchased my Lenovo laptop in October 2021. During my first weeks of use, it was rife with problems and bluescreened numerous times, but rolling back a driver managed to fix the issue. However, it is now reappearing following some updates, and rolling back the driver...
  6. System Randomly Freezes and Bluescreens - Code 1000007e

System Randomly Freezes and Bluescreens - Code 1000007e: Hello, I purchased my Lenovo laptop in October 2021. During my first weeks of use, it was rife with problems and bluescreened numerous times, but rolling back a driver managed to fix the issue. However, it is now reappearing following some updates, and rolling back the driver...
  7. System Randomly Freezes and Bluescreens - Code 1000007e

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I keep getting random bluescreens

I keep getting random bluescreens: Hello. I've been getting bluescreens for a while now, only now I decided to do something against it though. Since the error messages I've been getting kept changing I suspected the ram. I ran memtest for around 22h with 9 passes without a single error, so I doubt it's the...
  9. pc bluescreens or freezes randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    pc bluescreens or freezes randomly: So about a week ago my pc started to randomly crash the app im currently using or just bluescreen/freeze completely. especially when i'm playing Raft it normally crashes within about 5 mins. im wondering if there's an fix for it and i haven't found anything online other than...
  10. Bluescreens / Freezes

Bluescreens / Freezes: Hey guys, so i'm having some issues with my Computer. It randomly freezes up when playing games or browsing the web. If this happens no dumpfile is created. Sometimes it bluescreens and creates a dump file. I got 2 different Bluescreens and another one when i debugged my...