Windows 10: Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Discus and support Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello forum, Here's a strange wifi problem that I have with my computer: about every 5-20 minutes it loses access to the internet. I can still reach... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mynit, Oct 24, 2019.

1. mynit Win User

Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network

Hello forum,

Here's a strange wifi problem that I have with my computer: about every 5-20 minutes it loses access to the internet. I can still reach the local network. After disconnecting from the wifi network and reconnecting, I can reach the internet again for a couple of minutes.

DHCP is on auto, except that DNS set to a fixed address, another local machine. DNS does not seem to be the issue though. I cannot ping external IP addresses either.

The routing setup seems fine. I have compared the output of `route /print` when connected to the internet vs. when the connection is lost. They are identical and look correct. Same for `ipconfig`.

Other machines on the network do not have this problem, and this machine does not have it on other networks.

What could be the cause?

:)

mynit, Oct 24, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Randomly losing internet

You mean you're dropping of the network, or do you only lose internet access? If 1, could be a sign of NIC going bad. If 2, could be a sign of router going bad, or just your ISP having some issues.

Wired or wireless? What are you connected too, and what is your internet connection do you have?

Frick, Oct 24, 2019
  4. Frick Win User

Randomly losing internet

Again, do you drop out from the network entirely or do you only lose internet access, and if the second bit do all devices lose access?

Frick, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Randomly losing internet connection on a wifi network - Similar Threads - Randomly losing internet

2. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  3. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections: I continue to have this problem and nothing I’ve been able to find has helped. It worked once by resetting the computer to an earlier date, but it didn’t work this time. The wifi driver says it has an issue, but that the current driver is the most recent update. If anyone...
  4. No WIFI in Network & Internet or Network Connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wifi loses internet connection after a while

Wifi loses internet connection after a while: My laptop has Windows 10. So due to poor wifi connection in my bedroom, I have to constantly use laptop with ethernet as wifi provider. That way I always have Wi-Fi in my room. The problem is that every time I turn on the Wifi access point and then connect my phone, there is...
  6. Internet changes to No Internet, but remains connected to the WiFi network, randomly. How...

Internet changes to No Internet, but remains connected to the WiFi network, randomly. How...: I recently got a new laptop. It is a Lenovo IdeaPad 3, and it has worked really great except I am having one issue, the wifi will randomly say there is no internet, but It will remain connected to the wifi. It will say that for a few seconds then will begin working again. It...
  7. WiFi stadus randomly changes to No Internet but remans connected to the WiFi Network. How...

WiFi stadus randomly changes to No Internet but remans connected to the WiFi Network. How...: I recently got a new laptop. It is a Lenovo IdeaPad 3, and it has worked really great except I am having one issue, the wifi will randomly say there is no internet, but It will remain connected to the wifi. It will say that for a few seconds then will begin working again. It...
  8. WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi Constantly Losing Internet Connectivity: This just started happening maybe about 1 month ago. I'm not a novice but this one has me stumped. I have a (home built) PC with an MSI Krait Edition motherboard and a PCI ethernet card with external WiFi and Bluetooth antenna. Worked rock-solid for 3-4 years until now. Now...
  9. Wifi connects but no network internet

Wifi connects but no network internet: Currently my internet is being a little troubled. I can connect to the wifi, but only one of the networks on my computer we have a 2.4 ghz and a 5ghz network, I can only connect to the 2.4ghz network. So, I can connect to that network, and the internet does in fact work....
  10. Internet connection lose

Internet connection lose: My PC won't stay connected to the internet? I checked all connections and everything is connected properly and my TV isn't having any problems with internet connection. Please advise because I'm not computer smart....