Windows 10: Randomly my laptop show a Blank DVD disc !

Discus and support Randomly my laptop show a Blank DVD disc ! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I Put a Burned DVD disc in there sometimes it show its content without any problem but sometimes it shows as a blank dvd disc. Help! Its Tsstcorp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OreosJay, May 14, 2020.

1. Randomly my laptop show a Blank DVD disc !

When I Put a Burned DVD disc in there sometimes it show its content without any problem but sometimes it shows as a blank dvd disc. Help! Its Tsstcorp cddvdw sn-208ab I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them.

submitted by /u/OreosJay
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OreosJay, May 14, 2020

2. BLANK DVD AND CD ARE NOT SHOWING BY WINDOWS 10

I want to say that I doesn't show that even a disc is in the writer.When I insert a blank DVD or CD it doesn't show up in my explorer,It will say that please insert a disc although I have inserted a blank DVD/CD.

RishiRanjan, May 23, 2020
  3. DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs

Thank you for your help, Andre. I appreciate that it was so prompt!

My system is a Dell Inspiron 5558.

First step: Running Troubleshooter in Hardware and Devices and then restarting.
    Outcome: No change. The drive says to insert a disc, even though there is a brand new on in the drive.

Second step: Open Device Manager and update the driver for the DVD drive.
    Outcome: No change. Using the option to search the internet for the most current drive, Microsoft says the best driver for this device is already installed. FYI - the DVD drive is: TSSTcorp
    DVD+- SU-208GB

Third step: Open Administrator:Windows Powershell and run the regedit.exe command then restart.

Outcome: No change. The drive does not recognize a new/blank DVD-R.

Fourth step: Check out the suggestions at groovypost.com. Remove and reinstall the IDE/ATAPI drivers (ATA Channel 0, ATA Channel 1, and Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller).

Outcome: When I set the view to "show hidden devices" and expanded the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, there is only one listed: Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family
    SATA AHCI Controller. I didn't do anything because I wasn't sure about uninstalling that driver.

So, bottom line, nothing changed. The problem of the drive not recognizing a new DVD is persisting. The only thing that changed from four days ago, when I burned about 8 DVDs, and now, is that I ran out of the DVDs I was using and bought a new batch (identical
    brand and type to what I had been using - SONY DVD-R). I bought a second batch of a different brand - Maxell DVD-R - and those don't work either.

I don't believe it is a hardware issue because when I plug in an external Dell DVD+-R drive, it also doesn't recognize the discs.

This is really bumming me out. I am in the middle of a project and I can't finish it!

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!!

slugrunnerZZ, May 23, 2020
  4. Randomly my laptop show a Blank DVD disc !

The DVD drive was not showing not recognised.

Thanks for info.

i have followed steps but still not working.

the DVDs/cd drive is shown in file manager and it shows it to be working correctly but when a cd/ dvd disc is inserted it is still not recognised.

If if I double click on the drive in file manager the disc is ejected and I am asked to insert a disc.

Any further suggestions?

regards

johnwbeasley, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Randomly my laptop show a Blank DVD disc !

1. Randomly my laptop show a Blank DVD disc ! - Similar Threads - Randomly laptop show

2. Windows 10 randomly fills DVD Disc after formatting the Disc pls help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 randomly fills DVD Disc after formatting the Disc pls help: Hello Yesterday i bought new 8.5 GB DVD Discs because i wanted to use 1 to install windows on a old PC and i also wanted to use the rest for storage my Windows install disc had no problems . But the other discs which i wanted to use for storage all did something weird after i...
  3. Windows 10 randomly fills DVD Disc after formatting the Disc pls help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 randomly fills DVD Disc after formatting the Disc pls help: Hello Yesterday i bought new 8.5 GB DVD Discs because i wanted to use 1 to install windows on a old PC and i also wanted to use the rest for storage my Windows install disc had no problems . But the other discs which i wanted to use for storage all did something weird after i...
  4. Windows 10 randomly fills DVD Disc after formatting the Disc pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...: I have done a clean install of Windows 11 FIVE times. After the installation to begin with the DVD player responds to the different type of media the way you would expect and all media types play ok. Then at some point in time it stops reading Music CD's. All other types of...
  6. My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My USB DVD Player will not recognise Music CDs but does recognise DVD's, blank discs, and...: I have done a clean install of Windows 11 FIVE times. After the installation to begin with the DVD player responds to the different type of media the way you would expect and all media types play ok. Then at some point in time it stops reading Music CD's. All other types of...
  7. DVD RAM discs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD RAM discs: Hi, ;Does anyone know how to get windows to recognize DVD RAM discs. My dvd drive is HL-DT-ST-DVDRAM-GUE1,my computer ASUS A540L,with latest windows version. Windows shows invalid directory.; I know there is data on it but windows shows empty folder and will not play.; Any...
  8. DVD player will not recognize my blank DVD's

DVD player will not recognize my blank DVD's: I have an HP CDDVDW SH-216ALN When I insert a blank DVD-RW, DVD+RW or DVD-R File Explorer says that there is no disc in the drive. However it will read a CD and a commercial DVD The discs are not faulty since they are all read in my husband's computer without any...
  9. Files are not showing in DVD disc

Files are not showing in DVD disc: Files are not showing in DVD disc when I access in dvd writer, but while I try to play in dvd player, files are showing. I don't know why, plz can anyone help?...
  10. DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs

DVD+-RW drive suddenly stopped recognizing blank DVD-R discs: I am running Microsoft 10 on a Dell Inspiron laptop that is 2 years old. All software and drivers are current. In the last week I've made about 20 discs with family videos. I ran out of DVDs and bought a spindle of 50 DVDs of the exact same brand/type (SONY DVD-R 120 min/4/7...