Windows 10: Randomly no internet service despite network access

Discus and support Randomly no internet service despite network access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey All I've been working on this all day. I got up this morning for a meeting and discovered on my I had no internet connect. I was able to login to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnAdamek, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Randomly no internet service despite network access

Hey All I've been working on this all day. I got up this morning for a meeting and discovered on my I had no internet connect. I was able to login to email, Zoom, and our school's VPN just not Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Every so often if I get lucky I might eventually connect to one website but usually not the case. And when I run windows network diagnostics i get:

Windows can't communicate with the device or resource primary DNS server

I have tried literally everything I've found to solve this issue and I'm out of options. Please someone help. I've tried:

1 updating network drivers, uninstalling and installing network drivers

2 Went into change adapter settings so that IPv4 and IPv6 were both on obtaining IP and DNS automatically. Then I tried using the whole preferred DNS server 8.8.8.8 and nothing

3 Did a bunch of clearing and resetting in the command window ipconfig/flushdns, ipconfig/registerdns, ipconfig/release, ipconfig/renew, netsh int ip reset

4 Did a deep virus scan

5 Made sure DPCP Client and DNS Client are running in services.msc

6 Reset the router, the computer, used a different Ethernet cable

7 Went in to edit the Hosts file and deleted it

8 Open Settings app, click Network & Internet > Status > Network reset link.

9 Uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled

I don't understand why it stopped working out of nowhere. I went to bed browsing the web. I woke up and this happen.

I'm on Windows 10 x64

Ram: 16GB, Storage: 500gb m.2 ssd primary, 1tb HHD and a 250gb SSD --- I do a lot of coding and programming

Anti-virus - Kaspersky Internet Security but I went through all of its settings and disabled the firewall and same internet issue persist.

Please does anyone know what to do ?? It seems if I restart my PC and open up internet explorer right away I get a minute or 2 of web browsing. And oddly enough if I were to open chrome typed in a webpage mlb.com, it won't load but if I open internet explorer up it sometimes would "kick" chrome into finding the webpage. But thats short lived. So please any help you have

:)

JohnAdamek, Mar 24, 2020
  2. oily_17 Win User

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Can't access to internet

Hi Xuan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    internet connection troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the internet issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting
      and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from the left side panel of the window.

• Select Internet Connections,
      click on Advanced and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    uninstall the network adapter
    driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Uninstall
      option.

• Restart the PC to install the network adapters automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Step 3: If the issue persist, I suggest you to
    update the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand the Network adapter driver from the list.

• Right click on the driver and click on Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Randomly no internet service despite network access

Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Randomly no internet service despite network access

1. Randomly no internet service despite network access - Similar Threads - Randomly internet service

2. not Visible on the Network Despite Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not Visible on the Network Despite Access: 10 out of 80 computers in total are on the same hardware. I installed windows by cloning this 10 computer and reactivated it with the keys in the bios. I chose the hostnames according to the user. only these computers do not appear on the network. There is an access in the...
  3. not Visible on the Network Despite Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not Visible on the Network Despite Access: 10 out of 80 computers in total are on the same hardware. I installed windows by cloning this 10 computer and reactivated it with the keys in the bios. I chose the hostnames according to the user. only these computers do not appear on the network. There is an access in the...
  4. No Internet Access despite having Internet Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Internet Access despite having Internet Access: Internet is working fine, hovering over network icon says:"Unidentified Network No Internet Access"Opening Network & Internet Settings > Status crashes immediately, but other sub categories such as Ethernet/Dial-Up do not crashDIRECTLY RELATED TO Error Code 0x80072F8FDone a...
  5. No Internet Access despite having Internet Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Internet Access despite having Internet Access: Internet is working fine, hovering over network icon says:"Unidentified Network No Internet Access"Opening Network & Internet Settings > Status crashes immediately, but other sub categories such as Ethernet/Dial-Up do not crashDIRECTLY RELATED TO Error Code 0x80072F8FDone a...
  6. No Internet Access despite having Internet Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Internet Access disables Randomly

Internet Access disables Randomly: I bought a new HP laptop, that default came with WIndows 10. But when browsing the Internet on it, the Internet Access in the network that I am connected randomly disables. This happens once every 5-10 minutes. It's so much annoying. I tried several methods to solve this...
  8. network internet access

network internet access: question from a non techie, when signing into banking, browsing etc on the internet, my signal changes from private to public!!! I have had BT Tech out to check my equipment and there are no problems! Have been through all the get help which have not worked, the last thing I...
  9. Connects to network, no internet access.

Connects to network, no internet access.: Hi guys! I know next to nothing about networks so I could really use your help. I've recently moved to a new house and my laptop, phone, and PC all connected fine. However the PC started to have problems connecting to the internet and then lost all connection the very...
  10. Internet Access but no Network Access

Internet Access but no Network Access: Hello, I am new to this thread and I encountered some problems with my internet. My internet worked fine and I didn't do any changes to it up until it stopped working. I've managed to fix the internet access to allow me to access the internet on my laptop through wi-fi...