Windows 10: Randomly numbered network adapters?

Discus and support Randomly numbered network adapters? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows Version 1909 Why do these network adapters not start from #1 and from #2 or #3 instead? [img] What are the Microsoft direct adapters used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Firecatmon, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Randomly numbered network adapters?

Windows Version 1909
    Why do these network adapters not start from #1 and from #2 or #3 instead?

Randomly numbered network adapters? [​IMG]

What are the Microsoft direct adapters used for?

- - - Updated - - -

I installed Vmware workstation and uninstalled it, it got rid of all 3 Microsoft network adapters shown in the image.

:)

Firecatmon, Dec 2, 2019

2. network adapters

Hi, Michael.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per my understanding, you may be facing an issue with your driver updates.

I suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if it helps you resolve your issue.

Method 1: Network troubleshooting

• On the search bar type “Troubleshooting”
        • Click on “Network and Internet”
        • Click on “Network Adapter” and run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Download and install the latest firmware updates for the Network adapter

Follow these steps to un-install the drivers:

• On the search bar type “ Device Manager”
    • On the left pane locate “Network Adapter” and expand by clicking on it
    • Right on the “ Network driver” option and click “Uninstall’
    • Download the latest Wireless network adapter driver setup file from the manufacturer’s website and install it.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Randomly numbered network adapters?

Install a driver for your network adapter

Go to the list of network adapters in the control panel, turn of the lan and turn it on again. See if that helps.

Peter1986C, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Randomly numbered network adapters?

1. Randomly numbered network adapters? - Similar Threads - Randomly numbered network

2. Network adapter has randomly disappeared and uninstalled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter has randomly disappeared and uninstalled.: I was just scrolling through my browser on my Lenovo laptop and it suddenly disconnects from the WiFi. Shortly after it blue screens with a watchdog code and restarts the laptop. When it boots back up I find out the network adapter has been uninstalled/is now missing. How do...
  3. My network adapter configuration resets randomly...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My network adapter configuration resets randomly...: MediaTek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 160MHz Wireless LAN CardMy network adapter configuration keeps resetting every time my PC reboots. It occasionally does so even when I haven't restarted by PC perhaps when it goes to sleep. It literally just does whatever it wants. I've set the band...
  4. My network adapter configuration resets randomly...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My network adapter configuration resets randomly...: MediaTek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 160MHz Wireless LAN CardMy network adapter configuration keeps resetting every time my PC reboots. It occasionally does so even when I haven't restarted by PC perhaps when it goes to sleep. It literally just does whatever it wants. I've set the band...
  5. Wi-Fi Network Adapter and Bluetooth Network Adapter randomly appearing and dissapering...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wi-Fi Network Adapter and Bluetooth Network Adapter randomly appearing and dissapering...: I have another laptop created by ASUS the OEM 1-2 years ago with a brand nameX407MA-BV201T with 4 GB of RAM and an Intel Celeron N4000 and with a legitimate Windows 10 Home Single Language license already programmed by the OEM on the device which makes it easier to activate....
  6. Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Adapter seems to randomly disconnect: Hello, I am running a desktop Lenovo M81 SFF, with Windows 10 with most recent updates. I use this as a headless server that i remotely access with remote desktop and it is connevted with an ethernet cable to my router. Every couple of days it seems that the computer...
  7. What is this number in my network adapter

What is this number in my network adapter: Hi, I recently changed my router ..After configuring the IPv4 settings, shows a network number in network adapter.. it says "Network 18".. [ATTACH] What is this signify? My internet is working well. Should I be concerned about it?...
  8. Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently

Wifi Network Adapter randomly disables frequently: My wifi adapter disables randomly. After a lot of searching, the likely culprit is the anti-virus disabling the network adapter. I was using McAffee and right now I am using Microsoft Defender and shopping to see if another anti-virus solution doesn't use this...
  9. BSOD on a random basis - problem with network adapter?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD on a random basis - problem with network adapter?: Hi, Recently, I'm getting BSOD on a random basis. Sometimes, it happens while working on a Word document, sometimes while browsing the web etc. I was trying to figure out the problem with the "who crashed" tool. It recognized problem with tcpip.sys ; e1c65x64.sys...
  10. Getting Rid of Network Adapter Sequential Numbering!

Getting Rid of Network Adapter Sequential Numbering!: Hi. I have two Wi-Fi adapters on my Win10x64 PC - an internal and an external on the roof of my motorhome via USB. The first is named "Wi-Fi" and the second "Wi-Fi 4", which drives me bananas. In the registry I found two instances of "Wi-Fi 4" and changed them to...