Windows 10: Randomly Windows 10 start menu tiles vanish and you cant right click?

Discus and support Randomly Windows 10 start menu tiles vanish and you cant right click? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every since i ran the creators update on my windows 10 image.. there is a random issue where the tiles in the start menu are blank.. and any attempts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by markm75, Jul 13, 2017.

1. markm75 Win User

Randomly Windows 10 start menu tiles vanish and you cant right click?

Every since i ran the creators update on my windows 10 image.. there is a random issue where the tiles in the start menu are blank.. and any attempts to right click fail as well.. seems if you restart.. it clears it (or possibly restart the explorer.exe)..

Also found "reinstalling win10 apps" through commandlet brought things back to normal, for short term.

Thought it was my profile, but it appeared again in the new one i made.

Out of ideas here..

Has anyone ran into this?

Only other thing i can think of is that some shell extension is causing things to break

Thanks in advance

:)

markm75, Jul 13, 2017

2. We have lost all our tiles off the start menu

We used to be able to click on the start button and all these tiles would come up with our photos etc, but that has vanished and now I have to right click to just get the start menu but all the other tiles have vanished - how do we get them back ?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

karrynfischer, Jul 13, 2017
  3. all apps not working on start menu

when i try to access all apps on the start menu, all i get a blank area where the apps should be for a few seconds before the start menu vanishes, the tiles on the right side of the menu also become unresponsive. its like the start menu crashes whenever
    i try to access all apps

grimdragon2001, Jul 13, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

zbook, Jul 15, 2017
Thema:

1. Randomly Windows 10 start menu tiles vanish and you cant right click? - Similar Threads - Randomly start menu

2. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  3. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. cant run Windows terminal in "start"button's right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant run Windows terminal in "start"button's right-click menu: when i click “terminal” in "start button right-click menu",its just nothing happensif i choose the one with administrator mode,it shows a “wt.exe”UAC window,after clicking“yes”,nothing happens.win+r and run wt.exe,nothing happensif just click “terminal” in start menu or use...
  6. cant run Windows terminal in "start"button's right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant run Windows terminal in "start"button's right-click menu: when i click “terminal” in "start button right-click menu",its just nothing happensif i choose the one with administrator mode,it shows a “wt.exe”UAC window,after clicking“yes”,nothing happens.win+r and run wt.exe,nothing happensif just click “terminal” in start menu or use...
  7. Windows 10 start menu right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu right click: Hi, Recently I reset my laptop and tries to restore the backup. But in between the restoration process it turned off so i restarted it again this happened 3-4 times so I again restarted the restoration process. Now when i right click the start button I see 4 times each...
  8. Finally realised you can right-click and remove the tiles for a cleaner start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Finally realised you can right-click and remove the tiles for a cleaner start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DrBrainWax [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i15hf0/finally_realised_you_can_rightclick_and_remove/
  9. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  10. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...