Windows 10: Randoms crashes and can't make sense of Event Viewer.

Discus and support Randoms crashes and can't make sense of Event Viewer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Minidumps are enabled but I can't access the folder so this is the best I can do. I have attached my Event Viewer history. I have just finished: 1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohannesKH, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Randoms crashes and can't make sense of Event Viewer.

Minidumps are enabled but I can't access the folder so this is the best I can do. I have attached my Event Viewer history.

I have just finished:

1 Run the System File Checker tool SFC.exe both, DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow
    2 Run Microsoft safety scanner

Both were successful with no errors reported.

Please help. Thank you. I have no idea what's going on.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ain92ehWs7dKrDYqM6-3lG2G_hwk?e=mZX5Yd

:)

JohannesKH, Jun 25, 2020
  2. hexaae Win User

Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException'

I'm afraid this is another Windows 1903 bug (current ver 1836.175) as it is reproducible on every (?) PC.

• run Event Viewer
    • click 'Create Custom View' on the right panel
    • create for example a filter for System, events 6005, 6006, give it a name and save it:
      Randoms crashes and can't make sense of Event Viewer. [​IMG]
    • then click on the left tree "Custom Views" and an mcc.exe crash will occur *Confused reporting a IO error reading "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views\View_0.xml"

P.S.
    To roll-back you can from an admin prompt:
    Code:

hexaae, Jun 25, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 25, 2020
  4. zatblast Win User

Randoms crashes and can't make sense of Event Viewer.

Explorer crashing

my only suggestion for the vagueish problem description would be to check the event viewer for something a little... more information if it happens to be there..
    control panel | administrative tools | event viewer check them all for the time of the crash, and try to gather data if possible so that the problem well has a chance of being solved maybe..

zatblast, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Randoms crashes and can't make sense of Event Viewer.

1. Randoms crashes and can't make sense of Event Viewer. - Similar Threads - Randoms crashes can't

2. Laptop randomly crashes. Event viewer show Event 161 or Event 162 followed by Event 41,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly crashes. Event viewer show Event 161 or Event 162 followed by Event 41,...: I have just bought a new laptop, and within the first week it has crashed daily.When I look at the logs I usually see either Event 161 or Event 162 followed by Event 41. Event 10010 also appears but isn't always when it crashes it's just there sometimes when i check, even if...
  3. FSX Crashes Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX Crashes Event Viewer: Greetings,Yesterday I wrote to you about problems with FSX SP2 that I have installed on my PC with Windows 10 64 bit.There are times when FSX doesn't boot up or if it does then it crashes in flight. I checked the event viewer and saw these errors:fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0...
  4. FSX Crashes Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX Crashes Event Viewer: Greetings,Yesterday I wrote to you about problems with FSX SP2 that I have installed on my PC with Windows 10 64 bit.There are times when FSX doesn't boot up or if it does then it crashes in flight. I checked the event viewer and saw these errors:fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0...
  5. All games randomly crashing to desktop, event viewer: ntdll.dll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games randomly crashing to desktop, event viewer: ntdll.dll: HiHoping for some advice.Games have started crashing to desktop at random gameplay intervals, no apparent pattern or cause. Nothing new installed. But they all have same exception code. I can't replicate it. I can play a game fine for hours one day, then the next it will...
  6. All games randomly crashing to desktop, event viewer: ntdll.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All games randomly crashing to desktop, event viewer: ntdll.dll: HiHoping for some advice.Games have started crashing to desktop at random gameplay intervals, no apparent pattern or cause. Nothing new installed. But they all have same exception code. I can't replicate it. I can play a game fine for hours one day, then the next it will...
  7. Why Event Viewer faulting module time stamps don't make sense?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Event Viewer faulting module time stamps don't make sense?: Hi Guys, here is a event from 07/08/21 - Faulting module name: CoreMessaging.dll, version: 10.0.19041.867, time stamp: 0x47a87b76 In PowerShell the time stamp produces this: 183614
  8. Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc0000005 in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc0000005 in Event Viewer: Hello.. i've been trying to resolve this issue for 4 months now. I feel like i tried everything and i'm kind of losing hope. Literally anything will help, please! The crashes happen randomly only when playing games. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to crash, sometimes 6...
  9. Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc0000005 in Event Viewer

Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc0000005 in Event Viewer: Hello.. i've been trying to resolve this issue for 4 months now. I feel like i tried everything and i'm kind of losing hope. Literally anything will help, please! The crashes happen randomly only when playing games. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to crash, sometimes 6...
  10. Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc000005 in Event Viewer

Randomized crash-to-desktops with error 0xc000005 in Event Viewer: Hello.. i've been trying to resolve this issue for 4 months now. I feel like i tried everything and i'm kind of loosing hope. Literally anything will help, please! The crashes happen randomly only when playing games. Sometimes it takes 30 seconds to crash, sometimes 6...