Windows 10: Ransomeware Protection - Adding Applications to the Whitelist

Discus and support Ransomeware Protection - Adding Applications to the Whitelist in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I tried the Ransomware Protection option in Windows Security. Setup was easy. The problems arose the 1st time I used Quicken or Adobe Photoshop... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Owlcroft, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Owlcroft Win User

Ransomeware Protection - Adding Applications to the Whitelist

I tried the Ransomware Protection option in Windows Security. Setup was easy. The problems arose the 1st time I used Quicken or Adobe Photoshop Elements. First problem was I had to write down the flagged executable I needed to add to the white list. Adding give access to the application. It did to all the other executables that supported the application; every time it called another executable it generated an exception that had to be added to the white list. Too much hassle to use it for applications not in the default whitelist.

Is there a way to add an application executable, and all the executable it calls, to the whitelist.

If not I suggest when an application triggers an exception alert add a button to the dialog box to add it to the application whitelist. Will make the Ransomware option useable.

:)

Owlcroft, Nov 19, 2018

2. Protection from Ransomeware.

I have genuine Windows 10 installed on my laptop. How do I know that my system is protected from ransomeware "wannacry" malware.

harishkumar4you, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Bansaw Win User
    Adding an application to the Whitelist (Gpedit etc.) ?

Everytime I run a program a window pops up "Do you want this app to make changes to your device" ?
    Its annoying.

I want to add this application to the whitelist in Gpedit or Secpol or somewhere like that so the app can run without issues.
    What I've read so far is that I can allow all ".exe" files. I don't want to do that, I want to make it one specific app.

Bansaw, Nov 19, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Adding an application to the Whitelist (Gpedit etc.) ?

You could have a look at this (and see if there's a current version!)
    Get Rid Of UAC Prompts With Microsofts Application Compatibility Toolkit - gHacks Tech News

There's also a task scheduler method:
    lifehacker.com/how-to-eliminate-uac-prompts-for-specific-applications-493128966

I can't vouch for either, merely suggest you look into these.

Also see:
    ? - Windows 10 Forums

Presumably you've tried the UAC slider (turning it off is not recommended - and when off certain things don't work).

dalchina, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Ransomeware Protection - Adding Applications to the Whitelist - Similar Threads - Ransomeware Protection Adding

2. Whitelist application for a particular user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whitelist application for a particular user: I have three users on my windows system all three are administrators, I Would like to whitelist application for two users who are in kiosk mode they cannot run any other application, is this a possibility....
  3. Whitelist application for a particular user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whitelist application for a particular user: I have three users on my windows system all three are administrators, I Would like to whitelist application for two users who are in kiosk mode they cannot run any other application, is this a possibility....
  4. Whitelist application for a particular user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Ransomeware Protection in Windows 10

Ransomeware Protection in Windows 10: Windows Security | Virus and Threat Protection | Ransomeware Protectiom | Controlled Folder Access | OFF Why is the default OFF? Is it adviseable to change this setting to ON? Why or why not?...
  6. Ransomeware

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ransomeware: Hii Team I have been using Windows 10 Licensed Version and have been Switched On all the defender settings and firewall options.But unfortunately My system is now affected by MEDS Ransomeware / Virus Whatever it is. I couldn't access any files in my system . EVERYTHING IS...
  7. Ransomeware / Malware Protection Insights

Ransomeware / Malware Protection Insights: As I have mentioned in previous posits, I would love to use Windows Defender however I have this red flag going off evert time I see people reporting ransomeware issues / decryption, malware/adware issues, calls or emails from various people and the need to run various tools...
  8. Ransomeware Protection

Ransomeware Protection: Just like to point out a short while ago Windows Security had Ransomeware Protection added to the System. However it is switched off by default please Folks turn it on. In the last two days the Folder Protection has three times blocked attempts to enter my Files. Also one of...
  9. Ransomeware protection with Windows Defender

Ransomeware protection with Windows Defender: I was recently shocked by a loud siren and threatening messages about my computer being infected and all files being lost. Near panic, I regained enough calm to open Task Manager and shut down Edge. Everything then returned to normal and a full system scan found nothing...
  10. Adding an application to the Whitelist (Gpedit etc.) ?

Adding an application to the Whitelist (Gpedit etc.) ?: Everytime I run a program a window pops up "Do you want this app to make changes to your device" ? Its annoying. I want to add this application to the whitelist in Gpedit or Secpol or somewhere like that so the app can run without issues. What I've read so far is that I can...