Windows 10: Ransomware: a declining nuisance or an evolving menace?

Discus and support Ransomware: a declining nuisance or an evolving menace? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The volume of ransomware encounters is on a downward trend. Are we seeing the beginning of the end of this vicious threat?Unfortunately, a look at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Ransomware: a declining nuisance or an evolving menace?

Read more: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...dscape-review/

:)

Brink, Feb 14, 2017
  2. geekdom Win User

Error # 3657fc46771cacc - Is this a RansomWare or a Scam?

This is a scam.

Read here about Fake Tech Support Scams and review Le Boule's recommendations:

Microsoft critical alert Error # 3657c84f1df674.

geekdom, Feb 14, 2017
  3. penny784 Win User
    Nuisance

I set up an English version of the OS, it is because of where I live that I get everything in German so it is to do with location and nothing else - I think. It has always been a problem, because one cannot easily find English keyboards to buy here, for
    a start so the OS just presumes you understand German.

penny784, Feb 14, 2017
Thema:

Ransomware: a declining nuisance or an evolving menace?

1. Ransomware: a declining nuisance or an evolving menace? - Similar Threads - Ransomware declining nuisance

2. Payment method declined

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Payment method declined: My payment methods are declined in Microsoft Store. It says information does not match. But I always use the same cards online anywhere else. I have tried Credit Card and PayPay, from Malawi. Anybody who can help?...
  3. Payment method declined

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Payment method declined: My payment methods are declined in Microsoft Store. It says information does not match. But I always use the same cards online anywhere else. I have tried Credit Card and PayPay, from Malawi. Anybody who can help?...
  4. Payment method declined

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana is a recurring nuisance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana is a recurring nuisance: cortana insists she isnt available in my region, yet she pops up every five seconds. i cant find the settings to get rid of her. No cortana settings tab every fix i find includes a mention of the cortana tab, so i changed my region and language so it would be available, but...
  6. Payment declined

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Payment declined: I m triyng to buy vbucks and it says "We’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/payment-declined/b5282557-06cc-4bc4-9beb-b5115721ad3e
  7. Notepad nuisance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad nuisance: I was wondering if there is a way around this. I like to use Notepad for simple notemaking. But then sometimes I accidentaly open a second instance of Notepad and I get a second window open (so I have two windows open in parallel of the same file) and I keep editing one and...
  8. Dangerous form of ransomware has just evolved to be harder to spot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Dangerous form of ransomware has just evolved to be harder to spot: One of the most dangerous forms of ransomware has just evolved to be harder to spot Malicious loaders delivered by self-extracting Dropbox files enable payloads to bypass detection. Identified by Trend Micro, the new Cerber variant is, like most ransomware,...
  9. Ransomware: A executive guide to one of the biggest menaces on the web

in Windows 10 News
    Ransomware: A executive guide to one of the biggest menaces on the web: Best defense is still to make backups regularly. *Wink Everything you need to know about ransomware: how it started, why it's booming, how to protect against it, and what to do if your PC's infected. Ransomware: An executive guide to one of the biggest menaces on the...
  10. Nuisance desktop.ini file

in Windows 10 Support
    Nuisance desktop.ini file: This is no big deal but more of a nuisance. Windows has created two desktop.ini files. That is ok except that one floats back to the main group of icons whenever I reboot instead of staying where I moved it. Is there any way of getting it to stick in one spot? These are the...